Plus size-Super size weightloss support

Options

Replies

• Laurziemoo
    Laurziemoo Posts: 18
    Options
    Maybe having a small breakfast (so it doesn't make you uncomfortable with your lap band?) then maybe have a few things for lunch? Maybe Salad and soup with a bread roll? That way you'd be quite full? Or if you can't manage that, having some filling snacks mid afternoon? :)
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    Maybe having a small breakfast (so it doesn't make you uncomfortable with your lap band?) then maybe have a few things for lunch? Maybe Salad and soup with a bread roll? That way you'd be quite full? Or if you can't manage that, having some filling snacks mid afternoon? :)

That sounds awesome! I did quite good yesterday. I went to Walmart and I have a few hundred bucks to spend and in the candy Isle I only got one small pack of sugar free dove chocolates and I only had one serving of 5 pieces which is 200 cal. I put them in my car so they wouldnt be in my face and while buying food my husband got stuff to make chilli cheese slaw dogs and fries, I got 4 cans of soup and while everyone scarfed it down I had one can of soup, a few fries and a bite of slaw! and instead of ice cream later, I had a bowl of multi grain cheerios with soy milk! I'm so proud of myself, to just say "no" and be able to actually be happy with my choices.

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I wanna join the plus size-super size weightloss support... Count me in!!! :happy:

My starting weight was 365
    My current weight is 275
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    I wanna join the plus size-super size weightloss support... Count me in!!! :happy:

My starting weight was 365
    My current weight is 275

YOU are AWESOME! And WE want YOU here! Thanks for taking the time to find us. I have never been happier with this thread. I love having a place to roam and share, it's like having a team and we are all routing for each other! Please feel free to share your stories and your trials and even your inner being!

Love and light!
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    O.K PEOPLE! I have devised a mini goal plan! I think we should set a mini goal for ourselves to accomplish by 10/31/2008! Yes, that's right, Halloween. My goal is 75lbs. I am going to finally weigh myself tonight and measure myself and post stats and I want all of you to measure too because sometimes you do not loose weight, but inches! And I am going to design a custom sticker in photoshop to display on any of your pages to show your success when this mini goal is accomplished!

Who wants to join me in this?
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I will join but 75 pounds is a very high goal for 3 and a half months and not healthy. I have only lost 25 pounds in 4 months and sometimes like you said you dont loose weight you loose inches, like me for the past 3 weeks have not lost a pound but have lost inches. My mini goal will be at least 15 pounds by 10/31/2008. That is my opinion about how much you want to loose but I just dont want you to be disappointed if you dont reach it. Healthy is 2 pounds a week. :drinker:
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    I will join but 75 pounds is a very high goal for 3 and a half months and not healthy. I have only lost 25 pounds in 4 months and sometimes like you said you dont loose weight you loose inches, like me for the past 3 weeks have not lost a pound but have lost inches. My mini goal will be at least 15 pounds by 10/31/2008. That is my opinion about how much you want to loose but I just dont want you to be disappointed if you dont reach it. Healthy is 2 pounds a week. :drinker:

THANKS FOR JUMPING ABOARD! I totally understand what you are saying, each of us has a goal in mind and I think we can do it! I am happy with whatever I loose I just want to have something to work hard to!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am in!

By Halloween I want to be>
    220 (realistic goal)
    210 (stretch goal)

I have been 240 (down 20 pounds!!!!) since 7/13! 3 weeks after starting this!
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    I am in!

By Halloween I want to be>
    220 (realistic goal)
    210 (stretch goal)

I have been 240 (down 20 pounds!!!!) since 7/13! 3 weeks after starting this!

YAY! You go girl! I am so happy for you and I know you can do it! Remember to measure yourself and post!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hello....sorry I have been kinda absent minded....you guys got get on my case if I am gone too long.

So i've only been on track again for a week and lost 3 lbs....I kinda kicked in gear really hard. I also cut WAY back on soda so a lot of that was water weight. However, weight is weight. :bigsmile:

I am currently gearing up to send my "still at the moment" fiance (long stressful story) to Iraq for a year and am hoping to lose at least 40 lbs if not more before he returns next July. I am so nervous for so many reasons....a huge part is cause he's still my fiance and not my husband (email if you are curious) and the other is....well HELLO it's Iraq!!!!:brokenheart:

Anyway.....drop me a line or even email me...I keep up with that better some days.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options

THANKS FOR JUMPING ABOARD! I totally understand what you are saying, each of us has a goal in mind and I think we can do it! I am happy with whatever I loose I just want to have something to work hard to!

I am so glad want my MFP's to stay healthy. Go for it:drinker:
  • scrumpy21
    scrumpy21 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi

I have 150 pounds to lose! This my first day, and I WILL be here for a long time,
    if anyone has healthy low cal snacks, real simple dinners, or just plain diet tricks that have worked for you, please pass along, I have a really big appitite...so I need ideas, what I am doing is not working..

cheers everyone
  • scrumpy21
    Options
    I like the idea of not today, I am going to try it

thanks
  • scrumpy21
    Options
    Hey folks,

One of the mental approaches that seems to work for me about 95% of the time is to tell myself that I can eat a cheeseburger or french fries or whatever, just not today. I might say "I'll have one tomorrow or the next day" as part of my mental conversation with the demon. I find that it helps me deal with weaker moments that I have and I normally don't end up taking the bite today or the next day. I also don't go crazy thinking I can never have these kinds of foods. I can eat anything I want. Just not today.

Cheers and good thoughts to all of us!

• Juliebean
    Juliebean Posts: 317
    Options
    I'm trying to be realistic so here goes...

Starting Weight-294lbs
    Current Weight-284lbs
    Goal Weight-150lbs
    Mini Goal for Halloween-35lbs!

Good luck everyone!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hey folks,

One of the mental approaches that seems to work for me about 95% of the time is to tell myself that I can eat a cheeseburger or french fries or whatever, just not today. I might say "I'll have one tomorrow or the next day" as part of my mental conversation with the demon. I find that it helps me deal with weaker moments that I have and I normally don't end up taking the bite today or the next day. I also don't go crazy thinking I can never have these kinds of foods. I can eat anything I want. Just not today.

Cheers and good thoughts to all of us!

I do this all the time....tell myself not today, or maybe tomorrow, or Friday and I usually end up forgetting all the time....It's especially great when I am comin home from work...
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    Hi

I have 150 pounds to lose! This my first day, and I WILL be here for a long time,
    if anyone has healthy low cal snacks, real simple dinners, or just plain diet tricks that have worked for you, please pass along, I have a really big appitite...so I need ideas, what I am doing is not working..

cheers everyone

I like sugar free low calorie pudding cups! and cabbage or vegetable soup, home made of course! use veggie stock instead of butter! Also in your organic store try LARA Bars, they are whole all natural compressed fruit and nuts, unprocessed. Also tofu is really good!
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Hi l haven't checked in in a while l was sick this last week and had my TOM witch is never fun,
    l just finished 25 min on my treadmill.

Thank you so much ChristyMourning for reminding me that I joined this thread I do love all you ladies
    I started this thread at 245 pounds and I'm at 242 at this very moment.

Mary:heart:
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I weighed yesterday and am down a total of 104 lbs. It feels phenomenal. I still have about 75 pounds to go and now I KNOW I can do it.

Christy, I saw your challenge post about the 75 lb target by the end of October and the subsequent posts regarding it being too aggressive. I do think the number is a high one but......

I started my life changes on March 3, 2008. I was down the first 75 lbs by June 3. It is possible.

I have been working a very low calorie program and I know this approach is not for everyone but it has worked well for me and thats all that matters. This is a fabulous site (Thanks Banks!) and I really use it to track my intake and exercise. The Community support is also wonderful and helpful. I have seen a few postings by some indicating that they'd never pay money to help with weight loss efforts. I say that it is an individual decision and if it works for you do it.

I don't pretend to have the answers at this point. I am sick of being fat. I am sick of buying clothes from a guy named Omar the Tent Maker (no cultural slur intended here). I am sick of taking large qtys of medicine every single day in the hope that my health statistics will improve. I am sick of not being able to fit in chairs with arms. I could go on for hours.

My weight loss to date has done the following: I have been able to discontinue 5 of 7 daily medications. I am down 5 pant sizes and 3 shirts sizes. I sleep better. I am more alert during the day. Oh.......................... I can cross my legs for the first time in over 10 years.

I remain committed to this journey.

Cheers to all.
    Tim
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Ok.. I weighed in this morning....

250 UGH :sad:

i started at 258 and went to 241 then gained on vaca.... Im back on the wagon cuz i have to walk to and from work the days i work and its 45 min sweating ...woo hoo for me.. im tired now..

250 july 15\

goal 230 in 13 weeks

final goal 150:bigsmile: