Plus size-Super size weightloss support

Options

Replies

• scrumpy21
    scrumpy21 Posts: 19
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I weighed myself just a bit ago and guess what??????????????????
    I went from 375lbs to........................ 341LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!

wow!! GREAT NEWS! I am new and I love this area you have created, thank you!
    keep going, you inspire me to lose weight.

Cheers
  • Laurziemoo
    Laurziemoo Posts: 18
    Options
    WOW! I just got back from swimming and i used the scales i found in the lesiure centre which weighed me in at 26.9!! I think they may be different as the ones that i usually weigh myself on in Boots weighed me at 27.2 on Monday and i think 7lbs in 2 days is quite drastic!! I'm definately going to be using those scales from now on though. I go swimming once or twice a week so if i use those scales i'll get an accurate reading every week :)
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I weighed myself just a bit ago and guess what??????????????????
    I went from 375lbs to........................ 341LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!

wow!! GREAT NEWS! I am new and I love this area you have created, thank you!
    keep going, you inspire me to lose weight.

Cheers

Thank you so much! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!
  • kandibar
    kandibar Posts: 1
    Options
    I think this is an awesome idea. I just joined today and really want to be gung ho and motivated, however, I just can't seem to get motivated. I have about 65 pounds I would like to lose. My husband and I have been trying to lose weight together since the new year. We do good for half of the week and then eat out the other half. I'm just finding it hard to say no to all the good fatty foods. My weakness lately has been ice cream. Anyone have any recommendations to help me through this?? I made posters that are supposed to motivate me and I have them in front of my treadmill. I know the mantra "nothing tastes as good as thin feels, " yet I never say it when I reach for something I shouldn't. Please help, I want to be healthy and feel good about myself.
  • skks
    skks Posts: 8
    Options
    I am in!!! I feel like I can lose the weight this time with all of the support I see here. I have to lose over 100 lbs. I would like to weigh I35. Thank you for the encouraging words
  • scrumpy21
    scrumpy21 Posts: 19
    Options
    I think this is an awesome idea. I just joined today and really want to be gung ho and motivated, however, I just can't seem to get motivated. I have about 65 pounds I would like to lose. My husband and I have been trying to lose weight together since the new year. We do good for half of the week and then eat out the other half. I'm just finding it hard to say no to all the good fatty foods. My weakness lately has been ice cream. Anyone have any recommendations to help me through this?? I made posters that are supposed to motivate me and I have them in front of my treadmill. I know the mantra "nothing tastes as good as thin feels, " yet I never say it when I reach for something I shouldn't. Please help, I want to be healthy and feel good about myself.

I love cold treats, I just replaced icecream with frozen sherbert, citrus flavours... it is sweet and fat free and cold. Find replacements for foods you love. I love nachos..oh ya... I buy the multi grain baked ones, then use my scale when I get home to divide the bag up into portions, put them in snack bags and when I want one I grab a bag... I am new to this sight but not to loosing weight, but this time I am making it a life style.
    I make myself log what ever i eat or drink, no matter how bad, it keeps me on track, and at home I use my scale for everything, or your portion size gets bigger over time.

you can do it, look at all the amazing people on this site, read what they do, try their suggestions, you will find what works for you, I have already used 3 things I learned on this site...it is great...
    Cheers
    Scrumpy
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    I am in!!! I feel like I can lose the weight this time with all of the support I see here. I have to lose over 100 lbs. I would like to weigh I35. Thank you for the encouraging words

Honey, I am right there with you. I was so down on myself thinking "whats the use"? Ya know? Because I thought there were no changes in the way I look because I had not weighed/measured myself in a few months. But yesterday I got out the measuring tape and seen that I had infact lost inches, A lot of inches! So I became curious and went down to see what I weighed in the local KMart on there public scale and I could not believe it! I just knew I had not lost a thing but infact I lost alot! From 375lbs to 341lbs!!! You want to know what works for me? You see I'm not a breakfast girl So I drink coffee with splenda and soy milk and coffee curbs my hunger until lunch and then I have multi grain Cheerios and soymilk and a dash of splenda if I have a sweet tooth. For snacks I like to get thin sliced salami and a cheese I like and take 3 slices of each and roll them up with some green olives or hummus. Or take some sliced turkey and roll it up with a cup of grapes. A good desert or snack is sugar free jello pudding cups, they have caramel, Vanilla and chocolate with only 45 to 60 calories and I dont feel bad about having two! I never deny myself something I like, just in moderation, Like if I do cereal for lunch and one can of soup for dinner I might once or twice a week have a snickers bar or a fruitista drink from taco bell and not feel bad! I hope some of this helps!
  • Laurziemoo
    Laurziemoo Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm staying with my sister at the moment and on her way home from work she got take out as she hasn't been shopping yet and has no food in. I entered it into my planner and apparently i've only gone over by 3 calories but i'm REALLY worried about it...I'm not sure with takeout wether the measurements/calories are exact.. if you say you get a kebab, i'm sure most places do it differently so you can never be sure. I've done excersize today, i swam for half an hour, so that helps but i dunno. I suppose if i only eat half i'll be saving on cals?
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    So I spraned my ankle yesterday and cant do much today, I feel a little down becaose of it:sad:
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    So I spraned my ankle yesterday and cant do much today, I feel a little down becaose of it:sad:

Don't be down babe, Things happen all the time, Its what we do to make changes to accommodate the situation. Try Less calories and more protien and try working you upper body until you feel better!
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    I have been staying under 2000 calories a day but now I want to stay under 1200 calories. Plus I need to make sure I get enough water. Atleast 62 oz of water a day and get off the diet coke! I realized that diet drinks make you crave sweets and your hunger goes up. And I mistake thirst for hunger.

Oh, and by the way, I'm starting the nicotine patch tonight!!!!
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congrats and high fives to all the weight loss effort I read about on this site. Christy, I saw your weigh in post earlier. Way to go.

I forgot to mention in my post that on my plan I drink 1/2 my body weight in ozs. of water every day and no caffeine. If you don't like water when you start you will get there. I really don't enjoy the diet soft drinks much anymore. I also used to put tons of ice in every cold drink and now prefer little or no ice. I have no idea what thats about.

Cheers.
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    Congrats and high fives to all the weight loss effort I read about on this site. Christy, I saw your weigh in post earlier. Way to go.

I forgot to mention in my post that on my plan I drink 1/2 my body weight in ozs. of water every day and no caffeine. If you don't like water when you start you will get there. I really don't enjoy the diet soft drinks much anymore. I also used to put tons of ice in every cold drink and now prefer little or no ice. I have no idea what thats about.

Cheers.

But is there a possibility you might drink too much water? I am doing two 34 oz of water tonight.
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    From everything I have read it is really hard to drink too much water, you can but its highly likly you wont. I have also heard though that drinking more then the 8 glasses a day may not help with weightloss, I dont remeber why though.:ohwell:
  • destiny_206
    Options
    Measurements are in!

Starting Measurements

Neck- 16 1/2 in
    Under Bust- 48 in
    Waste- 52 in
    Hips- 58 in
    Forearm- 11 1/2 in
    Calf- 20 in
    Thigh- 27 1/2 in
    Over Bust- 47 in
  • destiny_206
    Options
    Measurements are in!

Starting Measurements

Neck- 16 1/2 in
    Under Bust- 48 in
    Waste- 52 in
    Hips- 58 in
    Forearm- 11 1/2 in
    Calf- 20 in
    Thigh- 27 1/2 in
    Over Bust- 47 in

My current mesurements and weight are
    weight 179.9
    Body fat % is 37.8
    neck 13.5 inches
    chest 44 inches
    Upper are 13.5 inches
    forearm 10 inches
    waist 41.5 inches
    hips 46.5 inches
    thigh 19.5 inches
    calf 15 inches

Hope everyone is doing great.
  • SoonToBeBride09
    Options
    I'm in. I have 50+ to lose.
    Starting - 332
    Current - 330
    Goal - 250 (for now)

I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

Good luck to all you ladies.. ahem, and gents. lol
  • timragan
    Options
    I started drinking the large amounts of water when I signed up for the plan I have been working. The dietitians told me that it helps keep things moving through your system, most of us are not properly hydrated, and it helps with hunger.
  • timragan
    Options
    I just realized that when I was explaining the program I have been working to help with weight loss I referenced the wrong hospital name. I indicated Memorial Herman as offering the program and it is actually the Methodist Hospital System. My wife just had major surgery and Memorial Herman so their bills are on my mind!! I prefer accuracy when possible. :embarassed:
  • skks
    skks Posts: 8
    Options
    I am so thankful for any hints I can get.
    I also saw the challenge and I am in. I don't have measurements at the moment, but I will get them. I hope I can lose25 to 30 lbs by 10/31/08. I am so glad you made this challenge.