what kind of car do you drive?

Options

Replies

• mommabear2002
    Options
    Well right now Im driving a Honda minivan since I have 4 young kids. I was like you and refused to get one for a long time. But buying it was the best choice I ever made and I dont have to help the kids get in, they can jump right in by themselves. But when I had 2 kids I drove a Lincoln Aviator and I loved it! They no longer make them because they decided to make a crossover instead of a small SUV so you would have to buy used. Then I had an expedition for a while. It was confortable and I liked it but it was a gas hog, plus having to lift the kids into the car everytime was a pain.
    Maybe you should just go take a took a a few minivans before you get a SUV. The gas mileage is so much better and it soo much more kid friendly.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Mecr C180 Kompress with AMG kit

steal my golf clubs............take my wife..........just leave the car !
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Mecr C180 Kompress with AMG kit

steal my golf clubs............take my wife..........just leave the car !

Only you Lee ;)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm driving a 1992 Miata.... and rent a hauling vehicle when I need one. However, this is the "grown up going to work" car in our family. The other is also not an SUV...
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Chevy Traverse. I like it and so do the kids. My husband used to refuse to drive my old SUV and we would have to take his "manly" truck everywhere :tongue: but he will actually drive this. It usually gets 17-20 mpg.
  • Trjlove
    Trjlove Posts: 28
    Options
    A Yukon Denali XL...seats 7 and has alot of storage in the rear. As with any SUV gas is going to cost more. It gets 13 miles per gallon.
    But you will not have to use a luggage rack of any external storage outside of your vehicle. With all the other SUV and vans with third row seating, you lose your trunk/ storage space, with this vehicile you don't.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    (I must preface this by saying I was born and raised in the Motor City) and I refuse to buy anything that is not a big three car: Ford, Chrysler or GM. That being said, I drive a Ford Edge, it's great! I get good gas mileage and I drive ALL day for work. I use to have a Cadillac CTS but you said you needed an SUV.. What price range are you in? I have had Ford Explorer's and trucks as vehicle's in the past. I think a SUV hybrid would be the way to go for you if you're looking for great gas mileage. Good luck! If you're looking for a gently used car, check out the Enterprise.com website.. they sell their cars after a year on the road. That is where I purchased my Edge from a few months ago. I don't know anyone specific I just did some research online and came across their site. They have an A++ warrantly too. I paid $2500 for a 100,000 5 year bumper to bumper warranty so I feel a lot better about buying "used."
    Good luck!
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I am secure enough with my manhood to drive a Toyota Echo and I am rewarded with 40+ mpg. I love using it to cause fits of rage among short men in lifted trucks.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have a Toyota Sienna. And I love it! It fits 8 people but is perfect for my 5!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Considering the increasing gas prices, do you REALLY need the space every day?
    I had read a report somewhere, where they basically listed how many times you can rent a truck if needed and still come out on top considering gas prices, insurance, taxes -- not even to mention cutting down on pollution and preserving resources.

That said, I am driving a 1999 VW Beetle Diesel (42 mpg baby)
    I drive an '01 Beetle (not diesel, unfortunately). 31 mpg highway, 24 in the city. Stick shift helps keep mileage good, also.
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    I also stick to top three: Chrysler, Ford, or or GM. I have a Chevy Tahoe and love love it not great gas mileage (16 mpg) but handles great in all kinds of weather (I live in MN) I like that it is a little taller then the whole mini van thing too I like to have to climb up into my vehicle I guess I have been doing it for 14 years:smile:
  • HwnCutie
    HwnCutie Posts: 2
    Options
    my mom has a 09 dodge journey and i love when i get to drive it..it is extremely comfy and it gets good gas milage but i don't know the numbers off the top of my head...when i can afford a car i might get one like her's just newer and with more features
  • TheNewDanielle
    Options
    2003 Toyota 4Runner.... LOVE IT!! It's comfortable, sleek, and spacious. Gas mileage is 18-22 in the city, about 23 on the highway. Not too shabby :). Good luck finding a new car :)
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I just turned in my 2008 Cadillac Escalade in November and I will never buy / lease one again. It had a 25 gallon gas tank and only got 13.5 mpg. At $3 / gal. gas I was spending between $65-75 a week in gas. Sure it was roomy and had nice pickup but only getting 300 -330 miles per 25 gallon tank was getting old. Plus it did not have a bluetooth feature integrated into the car so you have to wear a headset (it's illegal to use the phone in my state).
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have a 2005 Pontiac Aztek - I wouldn't recommend it. It only has 76000 miles, and I've had to replace the power steering pump, the transmission is going, and we've had to add a switch to power off a cylinoid that makes the key get stuck, when the car's on.

Gas is good tho - and with gas being 3.51/gallon here, it only takes me about 50.00 to fill it, and I can go for a solid week, week and a half to and from work, daycare, store, family's homes, etc. It's got lots of room, the back hatch is ugly as sin, but incredibly useful.
  • flab2steel
    Options
    What I drive depends in what I'm doing.
    For work I drive a company owned 2009 E-250 Ford van to work each day.
    For family I drive a 2006 Ford Explorer
    For speed I drive an Evo
    And for fun I used to drive a 98 Heritage Softail classic but I sold ......*sigh*
  • hockeymom95
    hockeymom95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I also drive a Ford Escape and love it! Back seat folds down. We have big dog-german shepard and fits in the cargo area well. Able to pack well when we go out of town for hockey tournament.
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have a little red Jeep Liberty, I love it!
    Not so great on gas, but my Wrangler was worse.
    Good luck!
  • sheebs11
    sheebs11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    go for a toyota 4runner, hilux, surf or landcruiser!!
    80% of toyotas made 20 years ago are still on the roads today! goood investment.
    i <3 import
  • ksv123
    ksv123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hubby drives a Honda Pilot and he loves it ~ quiet and smooth ride and can seat 8 but no luggage space with 3rd row being used. I drive a Ford Expedition and we will never buy another Ford - transmission problems are continuous......