A question for all the MFP ladies.

Options
I heard that when you lose weight, one of the first places you lose it is in your breasts. Have you found this true in your experience? I expect some loss there considering since a lot of the breast is made up of fatty tissue, but I'm nervous about losing too much. Any tips for making sure the weight loss distributes more evenly or to keep from losing my boobs?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I hope it's a valid one!

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I don't know that it's the FIRST place to go, but I have gone from a 42C to a 38B in a year and a half :)
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Well, it's true for me...mine are petering away!!! I will have to work on my Hubby for some implants!!! HEE HEE 8)
    In about 5 months, I have went from a C to a B!!!!!! I am in denial....I have yet to go buy a new bra....I refuse to accept it!!!!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Have you found this true in your experience? Any tips for making sure the weight loss distributes more evenly or to keep from losing my boobs?
    Yes!
    Any tips for making sure the weight loss distributes more evenly or to keep from losing my boobs?
    Nope! You can't pick and choose where you lose weight. Just gotta go with what cards you are dealt.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Definitely not the 1st place for me, but they are getting smaller.
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    So funny, I just made a comment this morning that I was terrified of the girls sagging, but they seem to be doing the opposite. I think you just need to incorporate strength training in with the cardio to keep them perky.

As far as losing too much, unfortunately theres not much to help with that. My mom swares that tennis made hers bigger and her waist smaller, but other than that, I'm clueless!
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    unfortantly you can't target weight loss. You lose the weight where you last gained the weight. so if your boobs just recently got bigger than they might smaller quicker...
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Somewhat true for me. I went from a D to a C i'd say. I still have fairly decent sized boobs & i'm only 10lbs from goal.
    Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce. You'll lose from where you lose :(
    Just remember, you're ridding yourself of fat, if you lose some boobs, you essentially lost fat pockets from your boobs & now your boobs will probably look more firm & round & proportionate to your body. That's a postive right :)
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I haven't really lost any in my breasts. I am 34 lbs down and I see the inches come off but not much from the chest area.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    I have lost 20lbs, and have lost nothing from my boobs (I was actually hoping to lose a little). Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to prevent it from happening, if it is going to. But I think if you don't have a whole lot of weight to lose you should be fine!

Strength training is always good to keep them perky though!
  • nikkionamission
    Options
    I lost it off my boobs pretty quick, only been on here for 4 weeks and I would say it's the most noticeable place I've lost it :sad:

Unfortunately when I'm slimmer I do tend to be pretty flat chested anyway... :ohwell:
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    It happened to me! Mine just deflated....so I got a DR to pump them back up! :bigsmile:
  • JenniferTasso
    JenniferTasso Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Not for me...I had breast reduction 2 years ago...went from a 38DD, to a 34C....Surgeon said that, I had more breast tissue than fat, and exercise would have never gotten rid of the tissue.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50lbs before, and nothing came off my boobs, not one cup size. So I got surgery to reduce them and that was the only way!
  • dawn454
    dawn454 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Definately noticing some loss! :sad: So not fair!! After all the work to lose weight we should be able to keep the bigger boobs!!!:laugh:
  • sgbq624
    sgbq624 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've heard that is true but starting out this diet and I hope I don't lose that much either. :blushing:
    For the gut maybe you should try some sit-ups, squats, and lounges.
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    The more noticeable spot for me was my face....my boobs haven't shrunk too much.... Then again, maybe this means I was never meant to have large boobs...
  • UmbraForzare
    Options
    I WISH I was loosing weight from my boobs :laugh:

Anyone want a little extra - I've got some spare!!!

I usually loose from my face and neck first, then ankles (nice and random), then waist.
  • kriswigg
    kriswigg Posts: 95
    Options
    Yep, you'll lose where ever your body is genetically programmed to lose first. Since breasts are mostly fat, that's one place you'll notice first. Why couldn't it be from the behind first, huh? Doing weight training (chest/bench presses are great) for those muscles underneath will maximize the look of what is still there. They sit up higher and look better, too.
  • lovenk
    lovenk Posts: 19
    Options
    Yes, you will loose boobage, but fortunately the smaller your body gets the larger the boobs will look!!:happy:
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Well, it's true for me...mine are petering away!!! I will have to work on my Hubby for some implants!!! HEE HEE 8)

See my motivation on my page! LOL! I want to lose it all first then I will $ get them back in shape. :love: