A question for all the MFP ladies.

Options

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have read that it depends if your breast have more tissue than fat....
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40D and have always wanted to lose some in that area just because of the sheer difficulty of shopping sometimes, but I don't want them to go away all the way! I haven't noticed them getting bigger recently though so hopefully that'll be ok. Thanks for the comments!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I think it's down to individual differences....I always had a great chest when I was larger but they have seriously disapeared! :grumble:

I spoke to my fiance a few days ago and mentioned a boob job when I get to goal and he was very supportive :happy: He hates women with huge plastic boobs, but he said that if it would make me happy....he would have no problem at all! :flowerforyou:
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Yep, thankfully! I'm down to 36E!! :)
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Yup, went from a Full C to a deflated ZD..recently saw a umm...plastic surgeon for help in that dept :)
  • LazyMogg
    LazyMogg Posts: 162
    Options
    I usually see it go from my ankles first and then my belly but I wouldn't mind the booby-shrink at all. :laugh:
  • Mary830
    Mary830 Posts: 64
    Options
    It varies from person to person but in my case I did see a very significant decrease (thank goodness!) As my weight went up and then back down again I went from a 34B to a 36E and finally back down to a 36C.
  • Neach
    Neach Posts: 13
    Options
    Oh please God I can lose some weight there. I have what i consider huge boobs for my body type - I have skinny legs and arms so I look like I am going to topple over. i did blog about the fact that my bra fits but it (bra) is what I consider to be too big. I would love to be a C cup and I would hope my belly would shrink at the same time. I guess I really will have to start exercising.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Yep...I lost mine.

Oh well. I'm married... :wink:
  • jdrop
    jdrop Posts: 24
    Options
    I've been 95 lbs, I've been 130 lbs, and I'm currently holding steady at around 114. I have always been a D cup. Sure, the 36 went to a 34, but they never actually got smaller. Only band size.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Have you found this true in your experience?
    Yes!
    Any tips for making sure the weight loss distributes more evenly or to keep from losing my boobs?
    Nope! You can't pick and choose where you lose weight. Just gotta go with what cards you are dealt.

Yep boobage is looking quite pathetic and as stated above you can't dictate where the fat is shed. You just have to go with the flow.
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Well first, I'm surprised and saddened at how many people on here are so eager to go get plastic surgery to "fix" themselves. Whatever happened to loving yourself the way you are? Its one of the most important things I've learned on my weight-loss journey. I'm not blasting anyone, just saying its kind of sad to read.

Aside from that, I've nearly lost 100 pounds, and I'm at 179. 44DD to 38DD. I the girls did shrink a little but they're still proportionally the same to my body. This really all depends on genetics and the way your body is structured. I carried alot of my weight in my hips and thighs, so my breasts weren't as affected by it I guess.
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    I was wearing a 42C when I started. After the first 10lbs lost, none of my underwire bras fit anymore, not even when I tried stuffing the cups with socks - both the cups and band width were just too big. I haven't been remeasured (because I have soooo much more weight to lose) so I've just been wearing supportive sports bras since then.

And no, there isn't anything we can do to keep the tatas.
  • jipper44
    jipper44 Posts: 111
    Options
    Well first, I'm surprised and saddened at how many people on here are so eager to go get plastic surgery to "fix" themselves. Whatever happened to loving yourself the way you are? Its one of the most important things I've learned on my weight-loss journey. I'm not blasting anyone, just saying its kind of sad to read.

Agreed! At first, it's a little disappointing to see some "deflating" in the beginning, I will admit. However, I fully support the love yourself as you are comment :) We're all beautiful! Love yourself, ladies!
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's true! The weight loss will distribute all over your body. Look at Jennifer Hudson. Big difference!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options

Some of us did it for the health benefit, and not purely physical appearance. My chest was causing me pain in more than one way, and the only way they would ever decrease was if they were to be surgically reduced, and that's what I did.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've definitely noticed. I've been a G cup for as long as I can remember but my breast are literally loose in my bras now. Yikes, I need to get re-measured again!

I don't mind at all, a G was way too big and hard on my back anyway.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this will upset others, but I have only lost band size, not cup size. I'm still a D. Was a 42, now almost a 38. Not to say that I won't lose some later on though - it may happen.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My shoulders and stomach were the first places I started losing from, then the boobs.... I've went down from a good 36C to a 34B, but in some brands a B is even a bit big! When I was at my slimmest, I was a 34A...
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Some of us did it for the health benefit, and not purely physical appearance. My chest was causing me pain in more than one way, and the only way they would ever decrease was if they were to be surgically reduced, and that's what I did.

I seriously considered breast reduction surgery a couple of years ago. I think the above poster was speaking to "enhancements" that aren't really for health reasons so much as aesthetic. Personally, I don't care what someone else chooses to do with their body. To each her own! :)