Gone in 60 days!

Options
damonmath
damonmath Posts: 359 Member
I dramatically lost 30 pounds in about 60 days. I followed a very strict low calories, high protein diet, and used fat burning CLA, flax oil and crushed flax seeds daily. I'll let the results speak for themselves.

Friend me if you have any questions. I am happy to share my weight loss tips.

Before (Oct. 2010)
368256_2864.jpg

After (March 2011)
368256_1051.jpg

368256_7262.jpg

368256_6673.jpg

Replies

• jscimeca
    jscimeca Posts: 66
    Options
    Wow! You look great! I did have a few questions about what type of things you ate and what you did for exercise?
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job...This is an amazing transformation...Congrats!!!
  • lleber38
    lleber38 Posts: 2
    Options
    Excellent! I too would like to know how to do this. I have a similar plan to do for 1mth. Please share sample menu and exercise plan.
  • xLaurenex
    xLaurenex Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly!
    What a transformation. How?
  • damonmath
    Options
    Exercise(s):

In order to get my metabolism going quickly everyday I would do a small light workout (20 minutes or less) every M-H. This includes light weight lifting. My morning sessions look like this:

Monday & Wednesday Chest

- Bench press (push up ladies)
    - Dumbell flies
    - Shoulder press
    - Crunches
    - Tricep extensions

Tuesday & Thursday Back & Legs

- Lat pulldowns
    - Deadlifts
    - Cable Rows
    - Arm Curls
    - Seated Leg Press
    - Front Squats
    - Calf Raises

The key to this starter workout is to hit all your muscles for a given group of muscles enough to break a sweat and then stop. I also try to mix things up, so that my Monday workout is different than my Wednesday. I may do bench press first on Monday, and dumbbell flies on Wednesday. This small change is enough to keep your muscles confused.

In the afternoons, I walk for my lunch. Usually a 2 mile walk to continue my metabolism from the morning workout. Some days I will increase this to 4 miles for days I can not do cardio.

In the evenings, I will run on the treadmill enough to burn 450-600 calories. Immediately following this run is the other half of the weight lifting workout. This time I repeat the morning workout, but add the heavier weights and increase the time in the gym to 40 minutes from 20.

Food:

For me this was difficult to start, but once I got going I was fine. The key to losing weight quickly is by cutting calories PERIOD. This is accomplished by eating. It can be accomplished faster by eating properly. This is where the app helps so much... When you input your goal, the app will tell you how many calories you have left for a given day. If you exercise you can eat more that day. The key is to trick your body into using stored fat to replace the calories you are lacking.

Since this is a low calorie diet you will need to supplement nutrients lost in food with multi-vitamins, and supplemental amino acids. I take a sports drink call Xtend daily to replenish and supply my body with aminos. It aids in recovery so you can exercise everyday.

So my food looks like this:

Daily Juice:

- 3-4 scoops extend powder in 16-24 oz water... sip this slowly throughout the enire day

Wake-up / Breakfast - It's important to get your metabolism going as early as possible. So eat breakfast as early in the day s possible.
    - 1 cup black coffee (no sugar no creamer - this is hardcore, if you use creamer log it in your calorie counter... it all adds up.
    - 1 TBS crushed flax seeds (I take them as a shot in water)
    - 4oz V8 Vegetable Juice (this will satisfy half your vegetables for the entire day)
    - 1-2 scoops EAS Whey Protein
    - 1 pack instant oatmeal with 9 raisins (you can add I can't believe it's not butter spray)
    - PILLS: 2 CLA, 1 L Carnatine, 1 Multi-vitamin

Snack #1: Immediately following workout #1 I drink 1/2 of a Myoplex 42g or eat an apple and drink a scoop of protein. Always have a carb with your protein if possible.

Lunch: Prior to eating I made it a habit to walk 2 miles first in order to earn lunch. This is not neccessary but just another metabolism boaster in the middle of the day. I prepare my lunches in advance on Sunday evenings so that I can easily make it during the week.
    - 1 cup bell peppers mixed colors
    - 1/2 cup cottage cheese
    - 8oz skinless chicken breasts
    - 1 TBS greek yogurt (this can be increased to 1/2 cup... I just needed some flavor)

Snack #2: I usually take a second snack 2 hours after the end of lunch.
    - the other 1/2 myoplex 42g shake or an apple and a scoop of protein.

Dinner: This is usually right after workout #2 in order to maximize the efforts made.
    - 8oz chicken, or a can or tuna, or lean hamburger meat
    - 1 cup pasta, or brown rice
    - 1/2 cup beans (lima, kidney, etc...)
    - Your favorite veggie (Since I get som much in the V8 and at lunch, I generally skip this one)
    - PILLS: 2 CLA, 1 L Carnatine, 1 Multi-vitamin

Snack #3: This is the last thing you do before bed
    - 1 TBS Flax Seed Oil
    - 4oz V8 Vegetable Juice

That's it... for food. You are gonna want to drink plenty of water thoughout the day, get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.... wake up and do it all over again.
  • robinmath
    robinmath Posts: 59
    Options
    You really do look amazing :tongue: Keep it up.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    ,mrnfndigfhneigeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Oops, sorry, that was my jaw hitting the keyboard.
    Wow, now that is a dramatic transformation. You look fantastic!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to write your exercise/workouts and food. Really helpful.

great job!!
  • FormerJerseygirl
    FormerJerseygirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You.......look........so........good! Great job!
  • CameraShy
    CameraShy Posts: 34
    Options
    WOW!!! Really amazing results!!!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Good job im gonna print this when I get home
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    bump for later....

Oh and sorry!! Great results....
  • carmelasergi
    carmelasergi Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look GREAT! Bump for later...
  • gloria84
    gloria84 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! you look amazing!!!! Congrats!!!
    Thanks for sharing your meals/exercise routine.. Im so printing it tomorrow at work!!! hopefully I can incorporate some of your tips into my routine...

Thanks!!!!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    omg it took me 4 months to lose 20!!! How in the heck did you do that when I've barely lost anything??? Congrats!!!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • 2BFitnFab
    2BFitnFab Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look great. What an inspiration!
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!!
  • cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bump

Great job!
  • damonmath
    Options
    Here are some rules of thumb I use:

- When cutting calories to lose weight remember to eat 1 gram of protein for every pound you want to be

ie. If I want to be 145 lbs. regardless of how much I weigh now (220 lbs. for example) I need to eat 145 grams of protein every day
    145 lbs = 145 grams of protein

- Always eat a carb with a protein. This will help it do its job.

Note: I count up all my calories of protein, fat, and supplements for the day, then add carbs to fill in what's left. This is key to optimal weight loss.

- There are levels of protein that you can choose from that may be higher for less calories. Below is a list of these:

*) Albacore tuna or salmon, 1 can or fillet (26g protein/ 120 cal)
    *) Medium butterfly shrimp, 12 (18g protein / 120 cal)
    *) Greek yogurt, 1 cup plain non-fat (24g protein / 130 cal)
    *) Whey protein, 1 scoop (23g protein / 130 cal)
    *) Chicken breast, 4oz (18g protein / 120 cal)
    *) Myoplex shake, half carton (21g protein / 150 cal)

- There are good carbs and bad carbs. These are the carbs I eat:

*) Brown rice
    *) Barilla Omega 3 Pasta
    *) Whole Potatoes
    *) Yams
    *) Beans

- Snacks I eat:

*) Myoplex 42g dark chocolate protein shake
    *) EAS Vanilla Whey Protein 23g
    *) EAS Myoplex Snack Bar 15g
    *) Greek Yogurt 22g / with fresh blueberries
    *) Granny Smith Apple, Strawberries, blueberries
    *) Triscuits
    *) Prezel Sticks

- When cooking meat use extra virgin olive oil whenever possible.

- Spread your meals out over 3 hour time periods. I try to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks everyday.

- Eat as early in the morning as you can.

- Cut these things completely out of your diet: coffee creamer, butter, sugar, black pepper, bread

- V8 Juice will satisfy your vegetable requirements, however, the fiber is not as high. You can eat as much vegetables as you want.

That should be enough to get you thinking about things the next time you reach for this or that in the kitchen or plan your next set of meals ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!