Replies

• tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Why cut out black pepper?
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing weight loss! Just wondering why you aren't allowed black pepper?
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Black pepper affects cellular pH, causing fatigue and drowsiness. It will slow your metabolism at first. Once you are a lean calorie burning machine you can add it back in... But in the beginning you need all the help you can get, anything negative will only be counter productive. If everything that goes in helps, then what you get out is amazing.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hummm, who woulda thunk it! lol. Seriously though. That is disturbing... Just cant get a break no how. :grumble: Salt is bad, pepper is bad... :noway:
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Is it me or does he look like Topher Grace?

Great job dude! I'm doing most of what you're doing, although not lifting daily. Working my way up to that. I just started lowering my carbs and saw a major difference though. Trying to keep that at around 100 a day.
  • kerenvaknin
    kerenvaknin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing!!!! Congrats!!

I have only one question: I've seen your eating menu but I didn't understand how many calories you ate every day.

i'm also having a low calorie diet, I eat 1000 calories per day, and when I workout I eat the calories I burned, so the net will remain 1000.
    I saw you were talking about fat storage.. I understood that if I eat less than 1200 a day I will store fat in my body, and obviously this is not the result I want to get.. But for the last 2 weeks I've been doing that and everything is fine.
    what do you think?

Thanks!
    Keren
  • damonmath
    Options
    Here's the deal on calorie intake... and this is SUPER important!

You must consume 1200 calories a day to live. This is the minimum your body needs to maintain itself. If you go below this number your body will go into starvation mode.... This means it will begin to slow your metabolism to a crawl and store everything as fat. Even your healthy foods will get turned into stored fat. Fat takes longer to metabolize, so your body will store it up to prolong your life in order to out live what it thinks is starvation.

SUGAR will also send your metabolism into starvation mode. Avoid it in all forms including certain fruits like pineapple and watermelon.

To calculate the total number of calories a day you need to consume, just use this website and set a goal for yourself of 1 or 2 pounds a week. I went as aggressive as possible and opted for a 2 pound per week diet. This put me at 1200 calories a day min. I exercise daily, and on cardio days (everyday) those calories burned got added right back onto my original 1200. I eat as much of those calories as possible while still maintaining 3 meals and 3 snacks evenly spaced out. On average I consumed around 1450 calories per day for the first 6 weeks. Currently I consume around 1850 per day. This is still well below the 2200 I need to maintain 170 lbs at my workout level. I am still burning because I want to finish out my 6 pack abs and this requires a very low BMI to achieve.

The reason you want o consume the extra calories is so that your body knows that when it needs food you will provide it. If you don't it will freak out and store it. So by giving your body what it wants in the form of good everything, it will repay you by replacing the crap in your body with all this new goodness. :)

I have watched my body shrink right before my eyes... it was not easy at times, I went through many days of food envy... After 9 weeks, honestly I am super stoked I went this route. Things are way ahead of schedule and now I can move on to the next phase.

Good luck to everyone!!!

EDIT: If you stay around 1000 calories a day, your body will use your own muscle as fuel. You will literally shrink away. This is why anorexic people look bony and not muscular. I kept all my muscles by keeping my protein intake to 170 grams or higher even on a low calorie diet. It's just simple math really.
  • damonmath
    Options
    bump*
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Hummm, who woulda thunk it! lol. Seriously though. That is disturbing... Just cant get a break no how. :grumble: Salt is bad, pepper is bad... :noway:

:laugh:
  • jacksonde24
    jacksonde24 Posts: 103
    Options
    Congrats, that's awesome!!!!
  • kerenvaknin
    kerenvaknin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Damon,

Thank you very much for answering my question about your food intake.

You helped me a lot!

Keep on the good work, you look awesome ;)

Keren
  • damonmath
    Options
    I laughed when I started this little experiment in extreme weight loss. I asked myself several questions about it before I even started. I made up my mind that this was going to work and I was going to do my best to get from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time possible without jeopardizing my health. After 2 months went by and I was looking awesome I just had to share. I'm no extreme person, but I feel I have done something extraordinary.

It occurred to me that I had choices in life. I can choose to eat good or bad. I can choose to cheat or stay the course. I'm not saying it was easy... I felt like giving up at first, but only at first. Now I'm so stoked, I can't wait til the photos come out in April. I mean wow!!! What's that gonna look like???

I'm glad I can give back and share in the success. I figure I have about 5 more weeks of intense training and I will look like one of these muscle and fitness covers without all the bulkiness, lol

You're very welcome!
    ~Damon
  • damonmath
    Options
    Friend me to see my food diary :)
  • ttabangel
    ttabangel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    you look awesome.. Thanks for sharing you routine and your diet was very helpful
  • damonmath
    Options
    Keep sending the friend requests, I'll keep spreading the motivation :)
  • horsehelpnow
    horsehelpnow Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • mvisscher
    mvisscher Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow that's inspiring. I'm on day 2 of the 17 Day Diet. Eating low cal/high protein and drinking (8) 8oz glasses of lemon water a day. I feel full all the time. This is the first time I have been able twolast two whole days ona virtually no carb diet without wanting to gobble a whole loaf of bread!! I'm feeling excited. Not sure if it's possible but weighted myself last night and again this morning 4lb difference???????? Hoping to lose 50lbs. Any tips?
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing~ i'm doin whatever you say!...lol
  • skai0518
    skai0518 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!Congrats
  • damonmath
    Options
    Updated pics - 3/11/11

368256_7954.jpg

368256_6603.jpg

368256_8351.jpg

mvisscher,

1) Make sure that you are taking enough protein in per day. Try to take in at least 1gram of protein for every pound of weight in your goal. So if you want to be 125 lbs., then eat at least 125 grams of protein per day.

2) Make sure your calories for the day total at least 1200, any less is bad news.

3) You do need carbs. So using the tools on this site, calculate you goal # of calories for one day, subtract from it the total number of protein calories you will need to meet your minimum requirement. Also subtract your mandatory fats (if you are that strict)... for me that is a tbs. of flax seed oil per day (120 cal). Whatever # of calories are left, this should be filled with your carbs for the day. If you don't have any left over, or your minimum is over your goal, then you will need to exercise to gain those calories back.

4) EAT YOUR LEFT OVER CALORIES. Fill them with lean protein and a light simple carb. This will replenish your body and give you a toned look when you drop weight as opposed to just being smaller.

That is a simple enough formula... the choices are now yours to make healthy ones to fill all the calories. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!