I'M SO HUNGRY! What do I do?

Options
2»

Replies

• AMSull19
    AMSull19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water, eat lean protein with your three major meals, eat slow. You'll really notice a difference just by doing that. Make sure that when you are doing carbs that they're complex (whole wheat, grains etc.). Also, make sure your getting enough fiber.

certain foods like salty or sugary foods are actually hunger drivers.

Hunger surpressors: lean meat, fresh fruits & veggies, beans, whole grains, healthy oils (olive, canola), nuts (whole unsalted).
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    Before you eat anything, make sure you're actually hungry. So, drink at least one glass of water before hand. Everytime I'm hungry, I eat something. But I make sure that whatever I eat, it fits in my calorie intake for the day.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. drinking ice cold water will boost your metabolism. Also, try to eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day. Eat more protein and fiber....that'll help you fill up more.

good luck!

Agreed
  • lolblondie
    Options
    I wouldn't fill to much on fruit because of the added sugars, but drink lots of water and and protiens. I like to bring 2 hard boiled eggs for snacks and that seems to help.
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    I love those 100 calorie packs of Emerald cocoa almonds! A good protein boost, and if you eat them slowly, one at a time, it's a lot of crunching so you feel as though you've really had something substantial.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    drink hot tea or broth,coffee or a nonfat latte, also apples with peanut butter, oatmeal, bananas,hard boiled eggs, popcorn(no butter, light salt , air popped) all of these seem to help fill me up between meals. for meals make sure you are making good choices eating lots of fiber and protein , If you need ideas look at peoples food diaries that have them open to the public.. I hope this helps
  • treeniemarie
    treeniemarie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have recently learned that items such as Bacon can increase a persons hunger. There is something in it that affects a person that way. While food such as fish decreases it. Just an interesting fact.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I start my day off with an egg or two (whole), I have a fruit or two with it and either a yogurt or babybel light cheese, then I handle the hunger a lot easier. If I skip the egg, then I feel hungry all day. I think protein is very filling for me. But also fruit and vegies is too. So I make sure to get them in for breakfast.