July 7th MFP runner's club

Options
2»

Replies

• julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had something called Harvey Wallbanger cake with strawberries. I'm not really that much of a cake person, and I usually can easily pass up any kind of cake, but it was great! It was really moist and dense (and fattening). Good thing I had some extra calories to eat! See that's the real reason I run!

Admittedly, that's the reason I run, too! :embarassed: I love any kind of cake, but that one sounds really good. I love strawberries! :heart:

I traded in my run again this morning to spend 45 min. walking on my treadmill to break in my hiking boots. I may even do it again tonight. I really don't want blisters when I go on my trek next week. :tongue:

Great to hear from y'all! :flowerforyou:

Julie
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Evening All!

Today was a rest day for me. I ran 6.5 miles yesterday. I am looking forward to my run in the morning. Rest days are tough for me... I want to run!

On breathing, I read a great article on Runner's World about breathing. I too breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth. However, as I inhale I push my belly out. Not your stomach (located under your boobs) lower - Your belly! The article recommended leaving your mouth slightly open. I had trouble with the leaving your mouth slightly open part. Just doesn't feel right to leave my mouth open.:laugh:

Like anything else it takes practice. It has taken me a while but now I can control my breathing. My running partner says she can't even hear me when I get tired. Before, I would scare people that I approached from behind with my heavy breathing.

-Kechie.
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Today is a rest from running day for me. It is a legs, back, and abs workout day for me. I better get started before I talk myself out of it.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll! Everyone is doing so well! HOORAY!!! So sorry for those who are sore and broken. Yuck! Feel better soon.

I am once again putting my last night travels here...so I did it!!! I had too many of each "group" so I had a bowl of light ice cream...and it was fantabulous. I had so much else left over, so I drank water and went to bed. Thanks for the push friends!

Nice going! :flowerforyou: How far did you go? :smile:

Awww man!!! I don't remember now!!! LOL I think I was at three, but today I took the kids biking for over 45 minutes and now I'm confuzzled on how far I did what when!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I think I should start making notes on the exercise page on how far I have gone. Does anyone else keep a daily log of calories burned, time, AND miles???
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm gradually getting into the running again. Almost 3 weeks of no running!:noway:

I did 3 miles on the Wii Fit today. My ankles were hurting a bit...?

Awesome job everyone!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I ran 2.72 miles (according to mapmyrun.com). That was the fartherest I've run before so I'm pretty stoked. Only 2 more weeks to train for my 5k and so far I haven't even run that far! I'm ok with going slow, I just want to run the whole thing- no walking. Think I can make that much progress in 2 weeks?
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I ran 2.72 miles (according to mapmyrun.com). That was the fartherest I've run before so I'm pretty stoked. Only 2 more weeks to train for my 5k and so far I haven't even run that far! I'm ok with going slow, I just want to run the whole thing- no walking. Think I can make that much progress in 2 weeks?
    That is awesome - if you can run 2.7 you will have no problem running 3.2!! You will be ready!! Just don't push yourself too hard between now and then - don't want to injure yourself. Remember your muscles need time to recover!!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options

You are SO ready. Be sure not to push hard these next 2 weeks. I agree with pmkelly409. You want to avoid injury. Enjoy your race and let us know how it went.

-Kechie.