Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at an adult bookstore in Las Vegas
  • GameOn2011
    GameOn2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    At the detist. He opened to the door for me and told me to have a nice visit. My comment in return was "Yeah right, I'm at the dentist" It was true love, and 13 years of marriage later, my sarcasim is still running strong!
  • Salamanda25
    Salamanda25 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on MySpace. Funny thing was, we only lived 2 miles apart and had never met each other!!!
  • iamabusymom
    iamabusymom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby at a fraternity toga party 23 years ago while we were both college freshman. We will be married 20 years this June!! It's seems odd to have met my soul mate in such a cliche way, but it worked for us!!
  • kld1624
    kld1624 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend online. I never thought that'd be the place I'd meet the love of my life, but hey, i'm not complaining. :-P It's been just about 3 years, and I love him more than ever. :smile:
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    I met him at the bowling ally I worked at he came in with a few of his friends they did all the talking for him he was to shy to talk he said it was because he did not want to look like all the other jerks that come in and try and pick up the bartender
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I met my ex-husband on the bus! I knew when I saw him that he'd be my husband. I didn't know his name or anything about him, but I just had this feeling. But now he's my ex....LOL

8 years later...

I met my sweety of 2.5 yrs on www.blackplanet.com. He chatted me up for months! I wouldn't go out with him cuz he was quite older than me, but I finally gave in and I'm so glad I did. Our first date was playing pool and he hasn't taken me there since! Sucker! LOL
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend of 4 years at the local bar. I had been waiting on my divorce papers, and was not looking to find ANYONE., I went in to have a birthday drink and stayed up with him all night. We talked for a few days and have been together practically every day since.
  • bfrederick3015
    bfrederick3015 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I met my husband 15 years ago at a friend's house... after meeting and comparing notes we found that we had many friends and experiences in common but had never met before... I guess the timing was finally right! We'll have been married for 13 years this June. Best choice of my life!
  • megan4465
    megan4465 Posts: 17
    Options
    I met my husband playing basketball in elementary school =) We were friends all through high school and started dating in college =)
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance in a local bar. I was a heavy drinker and was drunk! I was a photographer for a local band and he (being a single, church going guy- never went out) was dragged out of the house kicking and screaming by a mutual friend I went to high school with. He didn't drink at all! I was the outgoing one, he was the quiet one. We met that night.. He contacted me on Facebook the next day and I am now drink free for on-going two years at this time! I don't go out to local bars anymore and I find other things to do with my time such as spend more quality time with my family that I neglected to do so before, work out, and indulge myself in bible study. I became a member of our Wesleyan church and know that God in a way that I never knew Him before. I can honestly say I was never a church "go-er" and KNEW God before my fiance took me to church.. I was nervous the first time I ever stepped foot inside the doors.. Would the judge me? I am a recovering "party girl." Will the roof cave in!? LOL.. You know all the typical feelings you have, their church accepted me FOR me. They understood that a sinner can be redeemed and be loved and come to accept the Lord as an almighty saving God. I'm forever grateful for my fiance, his family, my family, OUR church, and our church family. I've been baptized and saved. I'm now fully devoted to my church and I love sharing my testimony with others. :happy:

Sorry for the ramble! Hope you enjoyed reading!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Grade 9 keyboarding class (computers), I looked up at him and smiled out of instinct (its high school, #1 priority is make new friends right so be nice to everyone – that’s not a nerd of course, ha ha kidding!) when he walked in the door late b/c he went to the wrong homeroom. We became casual friends, in grade 11 (5 days before my 16th b-day) he asked me out and we've been together every day since. Celebrating 13 year dating anniversary December 2011 and 2 years of marriage August 2011.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    i LOVE these stories ;)
    Keep 'em coming!!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    In an grade school parking lot :) I was a nanny picking up the girls I watched and he was picking up his nephew for his sister. Two days later his sister came and asked me for my number for him. Our first date was 12 years ago yesterday....we have been married for 7 years.
  • Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    Options
    I met my husband in my house when I was 17. He worked with my brother and my mom at McDonalds and became my brother's best friend and then my boyfriend we have been married for 10 years now and I am 33.
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    Bowling on New Years Eve 15 years ago. Just celebrated are 12 anniversary!!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I met my husband my first day of freshman year of high school. He sat behind me in band and hit my in the back of the head with his trombone slide. We were friends all through high school. A few years after college my mom ran into him at the grocery store in our home town and got his number for me. She told me he looked like he was in need of a good friend to talk to. We started hanging out; a month later we were dating. We have been together for almost 10 years.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at an adult bookstore in Las Vegas

:bigsmile:

A beach side bar in Hawaii. When he found out how old I was (18) he wouldn't talk to me the rest of the night. Guess he changed his mind by the end of the evening.
  • appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    Options
    I met my husband on myspace. LOL

We "officially" met a few weeks later at Steak and Shake at 4 in the morning.
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I met my bf of 3 years through our sisters...our sisters played matchmaker and it worked out wonderfully!