you met WHERE?

Options

Replies

• UmbraForzare
    Options
    In a library.
    The library that he worked in, to be exact.

An old friend of mine had a little coffee place in the library and I used to go up and hang out with her while she worked (she got bored being on her own!).
    Hubby would stop by, buy a coffee and stay to chat to us both (I thought he was into my friend, lol) and eventually he asked where I was reading next (I used to do poetry readings on an acoustic night), gave me his number (which I did NOT realize was his way of telling me he liked me....)
    After a while of chatting on the phone, by text (with a little bit of flirting....!) he asked me to dinner, I ended up backing out because I wasn't sure I wanted to date and finally I got my act together :laugh: and our first saw him cooking dinner for me, we watched movies together and now we're married :happy: :heart:
  • ally1385
    ally1385 Posts: 14
    Options
    We met in HS, in my 10th grade study hall. The room was divided in half, boys on one side, girls on the other (not sure why) and I got in trouble for talking to my friend and was moved to the boy's side, behind my now hubby. I was determined to show the teacher no matter where I sat I would talk, so I tapped my hubby on the shoulder and introduced myself. The next day I went back to my original seat, hoping the teacher wouldn't remember, but my hubby called me out on it and the teacher made me move back. We started passing notes back and forth and have been inseparable since. We've been together 11 years and married for 4 1/2!
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My bf of 2 1/2 yrs and I met through a mutual friend. Actually I was dating his friend at the time and the 3 of us hung out all summer together. I broke up with the guy but continued to hang out with him for a few months. I knew he had a big crush on me but I wasn't exactly feeling it. We stopped hanging out and went our own ways for about 2 years til one day he randomly called me and asked if I wanted to go to this car show with him (he loves cars). I said yes and we have been dating ever since. He confessed to me that he always wanted to ask me out but was too afraid, even when he was dating another girl during the 2 yrs we didn't see each other he said he was always thinking about me in the back of his mind. :love: I'm so glad I finally came to my senses and fell for him.
  • fatguitarist
    fatguitarist Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    rehab. how romantic, huh?
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I met my honey long before I 'met' him. I played World of Warcraft since 2004? whenever it came out I don't even remember. Anyhow, I played the game and often spoke with him and did game stuff with him for the span of about 3 years. Then in 2007, I was single and wondering, why try to date some random person, when I can try to date this great guy that I've 'known' for years?

And so I flew out to visit, went home for a month before I couldn't stand it any longer, and now, since April 2008, been happily living with him far from my home. Yay video games!
  • rdaraz
    rdaraz Posts: 103
    Options
    still havent met mine! i hope i meet him one day though! :/
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    We met through Match.com. Talked for about a month before meeting in person, dated about 2 years before getting engaged. We're getting married in 3 months. He winked at me on the site hehehe
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    We rode the bus together every morning & night for almost 3 months before he really noticed me. But I knew from the first time that I saw him that we would be together one day. He was always either buried in a good book or talking about football with one of my friends, two of my favorite hobbies. The whole bus was involved in hooking us up, from the busdriver to all the other regulars (thank you NJTransit 455 for our happiness). I took the same bus to meet him for our first date & you could hear the "awwwww" from the bus as it pulled away. It was such a fast paced romance, we were living together by the end of the first month, engaged after 6 months (on Christmas morning), & married the day before the 1 year anniversay of our first date. Just for poetic justice we even took the bus part of the way home from our honeymoon. We will be married for 2 years in June, together for 3, and I know it will be forever since that is what we vowed, "til death do we part".
  • wiglitt
    wiglitt Posts: 22
    Options
    We were both stationed together in the Marine Corps....15 years married with two kids...Thank You, Uncle SAM!
  • luv2paddle
    Options
    I took my wife best friend to the prom when I was in High School. We knew each other but we didn’t really except once or twice. Far form high school sweet hearts. We did go to the gym and did weight training from time to time during the summer though.
    We got interested in each other when I came back form 2 years in Portugal. Even they I had to do some persuading. We have been married 19 years now.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in highschool...his sister was my best friend. 10 years later, we started dating and we've now been married for 9 years. My best friend is now my sister in law. :)
  • Mary830
    Mary830 Posts: 64
    Options
    We met in high school about 12 years ago. We were friends for 2 years before we started dating, dated for a year and then got married. We've been married 8 1/2 years now.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I met my first husband at a ballroom dancing class, we ended up Professional dancers teaching and competing all over the country. 2 children 16 years and a divorce later ...

I met my second husband on lavalife.com, I had been on there for 3 months and had had enough, but I kept on trying to take my profile down but one day he sent me a message, and I took a chance. We got married 1 year after meeting, but he sadly died 4 years after that.

I think two marriages is enough, but would like to have a cycling buddy and someone to fix things around the house ;-)

GG
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    :heart: I met my hubby at work. I worked at a TDM restaurant and he was a customer. We have been together for 5 1/2 years and have two beautiful children. I have never been happier!! :love:
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at a mutual friend's house party my Freshmen year of college. The second time I saw him (again at the same house at a party) he told me he was going to marry me. Obviously I thought he was crazy! But he ended up being right :laugh: We dated for 6 years and have been married since 2008. :love:
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    The Crossroads in the Barrens, back in the vanilla days. He was sitting on his pony with his Krol blade and I just thought he was too cool for school. 3 years of online friendship before we met and things started heating up, Lol!!

If you guys don't know where I'm talking about... thats cool, there are some nerds out there who understand me =]
  • dancinblonde0099
    dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend of two years at a mud bog. He was covered in mud and for some reason I thought he was just the cutest dirty thing :) I pretty much wouldn't give up on him since he was shy and never had a girl friend at the age of 21! I finallly caught him and we are happy hopefullly he's a keeper :)
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I met in high school. He went to one school in town and I went to another. Our schools got together for a cultural trip to Europe once a year (along with the 3rd high school in town.) We were both in german classes so we went to Germany. We sort of met on a train on the way from Paris to Heidelberg, but we actually met and spoke in Heidelberg. We dated a bit when we got back home, but we were just friends. Fast forward 5 years or so and he had joined the Army and I was working a crappy job. We wrote (before email and all) for a while, I went to Italy to visit one summer when he was stationed there. He came home for the Christmas holidays that year and asked me to marry him. We were married the following summer. It will be 30 years ago this August. Our son was born in Pisa, Italy and he still tells everyone he's half Italian--not! We had a lot of fun traveling with the Army and seeing so many different places. He retired from the Army about 14 years ago so we've settled in to being civilians again.
  • 1d1w1y
    1d1w1y Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    He was on a date with Miss Pennsylvania and was evesdropping on a debate my group was having!!

Guess brains beat beauty !! :)
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    It sounds awful, but we met in a trailer park. During the summer his family and my friend's family would spend weekends at their trailer, and I was invited up one weekend. I was 14, he was 15.

We met one weekend, started dating the next. We dated for a couple months, and then broke up for a year. August 16, 2004 we started dating again, and just got engaged a couple weeks ago after 6 and a half years.

He's my highschool sweetheart and the love of my life. He honestly makes my life worth living, and I know how corny that sounds.
    <3