Scared to Eat After Workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    You should definitely eat after your workouts! I always think of it as a "window of opportunity". This is a time when your body is burning calories most efficiently, so what you eat will be used pretty fast! I usually reach for a treat (like my b-day cake from the other day), but a protein shake is also a great idea!! So delicious!! And remember that working out hard allows you to eat more calories (reasonably) without a negative reaction. Even if you are going to the gym late, I would still recommend something small after your workout. (I love bananas cause they are healthy and filling, or even some cold turkey). Even in the evening, after your workout you will still be burning calories at a faster pace. A great idea would be to bring the post-workout snack with you to the gym, and eat it before you get home (preferably NOT in the car though), so you will be digesting it for that much longer. You're doing fantastic!! :flowerforyou:
  • Dustybenbear
    Options
    Don't feel down on yourself about feeling this way -- it's normal to have anxiety around something you're working this hard on!
    BUT, it's important to think about WHY you're doing this -- it isn't the number on the scale, or even the number on the tag in the dress -- its to be HEALTHY, and learn how to live a healthy life style. That includes supporting your body to exercise regularly.

Don't beat yourself up over the anxiety you have, but try to talk yourself out of it -- say, "I'm eating after my work out to support my healthy body, and healthy lifestyle." Focus on complimenting yourself for making a healthy choice when you get home -- saying "this protein will help heal my muscles," and make eating a positive as possible.

You can do it!!