• sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You've lost over a stone in weight!! Maybe he needs glasses?????:noway:

You keep going girl!! :flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'd want t rip his cohonies off! I'm glad I got divorced...my ex was so negative about my body and weight. It's why I love MFP...everyone is so supportive of each other. *hugs*
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    So glad my hubby can tell a difference (even if I barely can) and tells me that.

Not cool....
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm sorry he had such a stupid face moment. He probably didn't mean to hurt your feelings or pissy you off but it still sucks. *SQUISHES*
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    16 pounds in 6 weeks is AMAZING! I'd be annoyed too! (If it helps, I've lost over 35 pounds. Guess whose husband has not said ONE word? I think I'd prefer that to what yours said though! I am mad at him right along with you!)
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    men are dumb - he was trying to be constructive & helpful and .... FAIL!!!

just chalk it up to a Y chromosome issue and move on.

Ummm yes we are... He's probably thinking, **** that didn't come out right....oh well, what's for dinner?

Oh my gosh, that is so not right. True, but so not right!!1

Hang in there....

PS...when are the funeral arrangements?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

"Wow, um, Shan, what have you been doing cause you really can not tell, you need to try something else if you want to be ready for a bikini."
    :

next time you guys are having couples time just tell him "is it in yet,I really cant tell mabey you need to do something else"
  • lalexanderfamily
    Options
    MEN ARE STUPID!

the end
  • urpsgirlfriend
    Options
    My ex-boyfriend told me onetime to not stand on the step to get into the bathtub b/c I was "bigger" girl and the step would break. I nearly died from humilation and wanted to kill him at the sametime. So glad he is my ex now. Honestly my current guy could care less if I were 400lbs or 120lbs as long as at the end of each day we are together. Its so nice to have support no matter what.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    No sex for a week!!

I'd be so livid... not supportive at all. You worked really hard to lose that weight!
    a week? **** my man wouldn't get it for a month if he said that lol
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i would disown him as a "husband" you should take all of his favorite clothes to the cleaners and have them taken in so they are all suuuuper tight... then you can be like... uh dude.. whatever the hell YOU'RE doing... AIN'T workin...
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    Fail.
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    17 pounds in 6 weeks.....DAMN im jealous.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    You should talk to him about it. Let him know how that made you feel. I have offended many people in my life without knowing it.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    that's whey you have that out of body experience and you see yourself going for his neck like a lion in the wild!!
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    OH! he needs to me smacked up side the head! KARMA!!!!!

You are on the right track! you are doing this for yourself! I would NOT let him know I was still working out or even trying to lose weight. I would not even speak of it. And girlie when you go on vacation this summer you get the most revieling suit you can get, something even too hot for beyonce' and when he notices heads are turning just wait for him to say, WOW all these men are looking at you, that when you speak up and say "OH i thought you could not notice? well, I guess they do!"
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Bad bad hubby!!!

Mine said to me last night when he grazed my bum as I was making dinner - "Damn, you're getting a little jiggly". I turned around, spatula in hand, ready to strike and said "WHAT did you just say??!?" He said (fear in his eyes) "That's a good thing!" I proceeded to ask him, still armed with my spatula, "In what world is "jiggly" a good word used to describe your wife's *kitten* when she's been busting it to lose weight!?" He explained to me that what he meant was, I had lost some weight in that area and it seemed to move differently when being touched.

Although his words were incredibly mean, you also have to remember that husbands, well, men of any sort, are completely dumb when it comes to expressing themselves. I hope for his sake that what yours meant at that time was "You look great, keep up the good work".
  • djnelson1024
    Options
    Yeah he definately did not think before he spoke about it. Oooppppsss u are doing amazing and sometimes we say the wrong things, we are men after all. No but in all seriousness, I think you are doing amazing and ur hard work you are seeing it who cares what he thinks, you are indeed doing it for you congrats so far and keep up the great work mmkay.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    That's just rude.
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    OMG....I can be pretty cluless at times but that? Never!