Pizza for under 200 Calories!!!

Options
kylakesgal
kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
I have been working on a low cal pizza and found it much to my surprise when adding it to my food diary:) Using pita bread, it is the size of a personal pan pizza.

Ingredients
1 pita - I used Joseph's oat bran & stone ground whole wheat Pita bread (purchased at Wal-mart in the deli and just 60 calories)
3 Tbsp. of great value brand natural pizza sauce or brand of your choice
8 slices of hormel turkey pepperoni
3 sliced fresh sliced mushrooms
3 slices of sliced red onions
1/4 cup of sliced bell peppers Pile on the veggies....they are low in calories
1/4 cup of great value ripe black olives
1/8 cup of shredded mozarella cheese
Top with sauce and toppings and bake in oven at 425 until cheese is hot and bubbly. Of course, your toppings may be different so the calories may be more or less. Enjoy:)
Note: I added a serving size of pepperoni (17) and still was only 230 calories.

Replies

• monkeyboy881
    Options
    sounds way to good to be true unless i used the wrong pits i made the same pizza with less cheese and no meat and it was 324 cal .... i hope your right
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try it..
  • Tcasillas
    Tcasillas Posts: 30
    Options
    thanks for sharing :happy:
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hmm, let's see... BUMP!
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Well it should be accurate since I did add everything to my food diary. Of course, it all depends on the type of cheese you use too. Hopefully you can find the Jospeh's pitas or something similiar because 60 calories for a whole pita is awesome. Took care of my pizza craving!!
  • msl22
    msl22 Posts: 31
    Options
    try the light flatout flat bread it has good fiber (9grams) and only 90 calories. I have made pizza and quesadillas with them.
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    I love the flatbread too! The Joseph's oat bran pita has 0 trans fat, 0 cholesterol, 10 carbs, 5g fiber, 7g protein and 334 mg sodium.
  • magenta4c
    magenta4c Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    HA... Thats funny... Just finished eating my version
    with pesto instead of tomato sauce, feta, olives and tuna... More calories than that, but still same concept :)
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Hmm Magneta that pizza sounds interesting too. I have never had a tuna pizza. What type of crust do you use?
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I do not go to walmart much, but thank you thank you thank you for telling me where the pita bread is!!!!! I just thought they didnt sell it! Great recipe, thanks for sharing!
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    i would like to try the Flat Out flatbreads as a crust...these are 90 cals ...i keep forgeting about it thanks for this post...turkey pepperoni who knew they even made such a thing :noway:
  • JodiLouLou
    JodiLouLou Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    what does "BUMP" mean?
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Jodi, When someone types bump, this is their way of bookmarking so they can come back later on as it adds it to their list of topics.
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    thanks kyla for the heads up ill keep my eyes out
  • ITTYbitty04
    ITTYbitty04 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thanks for the recipe! i'll try it this weekend when the rest of the family has pizza! i've had turkey pepperoni but have't been able to find it lately, where did you get it walmart too?
  • ITTYbitty04
    ITTYbitty04 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info on BUMP I didnt know what it meant either!:laugh:
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good cuz...I'm gonna be on the lookout for that pita bread next time I'm in Walmart!
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    ITTYbitty04 Your welcome.....and yes found the turkey pepperoni at walmart too:)