Pizza for under 200 Calories!!!

Options

Replies

• jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I've been using those 100 calories Natures Own flatbreads...wonder if they would be good for a crust? And Olivia gave me a good idea in our challenge thread about tortilla pizzas!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Jessica, yeah I've heard that tortilla pizzas were really good. I'll try that soon.
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    try the light flatout flat bread it has good fiber (9grams) and only 90 calories. I have made pizza and quesadillas with them.

I just bought some of those flatout breads and didn't know what exactly I wanted to do with them. Now I can't wait for lunch tomorrow!! Thanks for these suggestions.
  • ksnowras
    ksnowras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :wink: Thank you
  • jisabelle
    jisabelle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That sounds so yummy!
    I will have to try! but I think mine will have more calories since my pita bread is 130 calories.
    Thanks for sharing you've given me a great idea.
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Love all the ideas!
  • TanyaLee122175
    TanyaLee122175 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Foxworth81
    Foxworth81 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I made my own version of pizza last weekend but instead of pita bread, I used Joseph's Lavash. It's very thin but it's great if you like thin crust pizza because it's super low in calories. One large piece of lavash is 100 calories but it's HUGE so I cut it in half for my pizza. I made one similar to the recipe above with all natural pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, and mozzarella pearls. Just a tip, you should bake the lavash for a few minutes on each side to crisp up before putting a "wet" sauce on it or it will get soggy. The other pizza I made was DELICIOUS and even healthier. i used about 1-2 Tablespoons of hummus, thinly sliced mushrooms, red onions, and feta cheese. Would be great with olives too but I was out. It was a little mediterranean pizza. YUMMY.
  • madaughters
    Options
    we make this same pizza about once or twice a month using the Greek Pita bread, whole wheat, as the crust. Very delicious!
  • magenta4c
    magenta4c Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hmm Magneta that pizza sounds interesting too. I have never had a tuna pizza. What type of crust do you use?

i use the Pita Alwatan - 100% Whole Wheat.
    one pita is 190 cal. not sure if i would get your type of pita at walmart canada. ill have a look next time.

tuna pizza is an italian/european thing. unfortunately they don't offer that in northamerican pizza shops.
    tuna pizza tastes best with onions and corn!!! my favorite pizza on earth :-D

Dr Oetker Ristorante Pizza Tonno:
    http://www.e-commerce.pl/zdjecia/Dania-do-podgrzania/Ristorante-Pizza-Tonno-41668-big.jpg
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    bump for a great lunch idea!
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just bought the pita bread yesterday! It is soooooo soft! Cant wait to try this out Thanks for again for sharing :)
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Glad you were able to find the pita bread......just can't beat it for 60 calories and it's really good too. Now we can all enjoy a healthy pizza that isn't packed with calories and we don't have to feel guilty about it. Enjoy:)
  • MidwestJudy
    Options
    To Kylakesgal... sounds great... will try this weekend!!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    OMG! I have been craving pizza but don't want to eat that frozen stuff or delivery. This will be awesome for dinner one of these nights. I actually have to go to target tonight so I will see if they have the pita bread (or something similar) you are talking about.
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks :tongue:
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    The flat out healthy grain flatbread is also really good. It makes an even bigger pizza for just 40 calories more if you can't find the pita bread.
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Sounds Great..