July 8th MFP Runner's Club

ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
Good Morning!!!

well, got my java, looked outside and its gorgeous out, little humid but that's okay!!! lol

I'm heading out soon for my first run since Friday, alittle nervous lol, I'm hoping to do at least 3.5 miles but will be happy with 3, even though its been only 3 days away from running I think its going to be hard...oh well, running ain't for not babies......RIGHT?!:wink: lmbo....

hugs and hope you all have a great run, rest or other day!!! :drinker:
Ali

Replies

• ali106
    Good Morning!!!

well, got my java, looked outside and its gorgeous out, little humid but that's okay!!! lol

I'm heading out soon for my first run since Friday, alittle nervous lol, I'm hoping to do at least 3.5 miles but will be happy with 3, even though its been only 3 days away from running I think its going to be hard...oh well, running ain't for not babies......RIGHT?!:wink: lmbo....

hugs and hope you all have a great run, rest or other day!!! :drinker:
    Ali
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning!

I ran 3 miles this morning. 98% humidity today.

Enjoy your walk, run, or rest day everyone
    :heart: -Kechie.

Welcome to all of our new members!:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Morning kids!

Only had time for 3 miles, but I worked on my speed this morning. I'm feeling great! :drinker:

Enjoy your runs/rest & day! :smooched:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Way to go on your runs!!
    I got out for 4.45 miles this morning. I feel so good cuz I haven't run since Friday!!! I love the feeling you get after your run, especially after you've showered. I'm so ready for they day.

It was really humid out there this morning and I was sweating a lot more than normal. I have kind of an embarrassing question. Since it was so hot, things were rubbing that normally don't like my underwear. I hear a lot of people run commando but I don't think I can do it. What do you guys and gals do to avoid the unwanted rub burns?
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Good morning ladies.

I did 3.06 miles this morning the park with a friend. It was kinda humid but with all the trees around the trail it wasn't too bad. It was also nice because we weren't the only runners in the park. I get paranoid about things like that. My friend is trying to talk me into a 1/2 marathon in September but I have only run 1 5k so I may try to do their practice schedule and see what happens from there.

Mireille, I wear the tight spandexy shorts. I guess you would almost call them biking shorts. I find that if I wear those nothing rubs together. Especially my thighs. :laugh:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Good morning.

I did 1 hour of Kenpo karate this morning. The exercises are done at an intensity that gets my heart rate into the lower portion of my target heart rate. I always feel guilty when I do some other form of cardio and do not run, so I may try to get in a short run later today.

Mireille - There are products that look like stick deodorants, Body Glide etc. that help prevent those problems.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    I got 5 miles in this morning. I was upset, I was tired and was suppose to run 9
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Way to go on your runs!!
    I got out for 4.45 miles this morning. I feel so good cuz I haven't run since Friday!!! I love the feeling you get after your run, especially after you've showered. I'm so ready for they day.

It was really humid out there this morning and I was sweating a lot more than normal. I have kind of an embarrassing question. Since it was so hot, things were rubbing that normally don't like my underwear. I hear a lot of people run commando but I don't think I can do it. What do you guys and gals do to avoid the unwanted rub burns?

I don't personally experience things rubbing. However, a friend of mine LOVES Body Glide.
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Hello all! I've never posted in here before cause I haven't run in AGES, but I thought I'd give it a shot again as my workplace is participating in the city-wide Corporate Cup and they needed more runners!

I hopped on the treadmill at the gym tonight (it's a cold winter's night here in Australia, no running outside for me!) and did 3.8 miles. I was hardly winded after which was very exciting! I can't wait to get back into this with you all!
  • Shannon023
    Hello all! I've never posted in here before cause I haven't run in AGES, but I thought I'd give it a shot again as my workplace is participating in the city-wide Corporate Cup and they needed more runners!

I hopped on the treadmill at the gym tonight (it's a cold winter's night here in Australia, no running outside for me!) and did 3.8 miles. I was hardly winded after which was very exciting! I can't wait to get back into this with you all!

Nice going!

Welcome to the group! :flowerforyou:
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Morning all!

I'm doing 2.5 miles tonight, possibly at the indoor track. (Yuck! I hate running inside!!!) My alarm clock just wasn't convincing enough this morning to get me out of bed when I heard the thunder outside. :)
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Hey y'all! I got out this morning and ran 6 miles. Now I'm sitting here eating my oatmeal mixed with chocolate whey powder..mmm mmm. Nothing beats having a runner's high + this yummy bowl! Haaha..have an amazing day!
  • ali106
    4.5 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg and its hot and sunny I thought I was going to die at the end of that big hill....but omg it was awesome....5 miles here I come!!

hugs all!
    later gotta go my son is doing cannon balls in the pool LOL
    Ali :drinker:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    I'm back. I was on vacation all last week and was VERY lazy. I only made it out to run 1 day last week. Ran 5 miles though, so I guess the week wasn't a total waste. Today I did a practice 1.5 mile run timing myself since I have my PT test next month. I did it is 14:37 which is the fastest I have ever done it in! I am hoping for a 14 flat on my test. Went and did 30 minutes of hill workouts on the stationary bike afterwards since it wasn't as long of a run as usual.
  • ali106
    I'm back. I was on vacation all last week and was VERY lazy. I only made it out to run 1 day last week. Ran 5 miles though, so I guess the week wasn't a total waste. Today I did a practice 1.5 mile run timing myself since I have my PT test next month. I did it is 14:37 which is the fastest I have ever done it in! I am hoping for a 14 flat on my test. Went and did 30 minutes of hill workouts on the stationary bike afterwards since it wasn't as long of a run as usual.

w/b!!! I think your time is pretty darn good! lol

hugs and best of luck girl!
    Ali
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    My goal for today is 3 miles. Maybe I'll even get an extra wind and finish the loop for 3.35. I don't run until late in the evening though, so hopefully I can get through it. Yesterday was 2.72, I'm sure I can push out another 1/4 mile!
  • Shannon023
    My goal for today is 3 miles. Maybe I'll even get an extra wind and finish the loop for 3.35. I don't run until late in the evening though, so hopefully I can get through it. Yesterday was 2.72, I'm sure I can push out another 1/4 mile!

You can do it!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Hello fellow runners!

Today I did a speed workout that was a little over 4 miles total. I had to run fast two minutes and then jog two minutes over and over. It was hard because my legs still felt a little dead from the long run on Sunday, but I feel great now. The speed workout was great because it took less than an hour and burned 500 calories!

I've used the body glide too and it works great!

Have a nice day everyone and good job getting out there and pushing yourselves to new distances!:glasses:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Way to go on your runs!!

I go commando!! try it! - it is very free-ing! just wear the right running gear!! I also use bodyglide on my inner thighs (sorry for the TMI JD! girl talk here!) when wearing my running shorts...
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    I got 5 miles in this morning. I was upset, I was tired and was suppose to run 9

As quoted by Tom Hanks in 'A League of their Own' "there's no crying in running"!! okay, slightly modified!!

girl give yourself credit for 5! If I was tired and upset i would not even made it out of bed!!

Have a good rest of your day!! Hope you are feeling better!!