July 8th MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I've never posted in here before cause I haven't run in AGES, but I thought I'd give it a shot again as my workplace is participating in the city-wide Corporate Cup and they needed more runners!

I hopped on the treadmill at the gym tonight (it's a cold winter's night here in Australia, no running outside for me!) and did 3.8 miles. I was hardly winded after which was very exciting! I can't wait to get back into this with you all!

Great job!!! Nice start!! Welcome and keep checking in with your progress!!

I forgot it is winter over there! meanwhile we are melting here in the states!!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    4.5 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg and its hot and sunny I thought I was going to die at the end of that big hill....but omg it was awesome....5 miles here I come!!

hugs all!
    later gotta go my son is doing cannon balls in the pool LOL
    Ali :drinker:

YEA ALI!!! WAY TO GO!!!!

19.gif19.gif19.gif19.gif
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    My goal for today is 3 miles. Maybe I'll even get an extra wind and finish the loop for 3.35. I don't run until late in the evening though, so hopefully I can get through it. Yesterday was 2.72, I'm sure I can push out another 1/4 mile!

You can do it - just keep running!!! sprint if you have to!! Let us know how it goes!!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    It was really humid out there this morning and I was sweating a lot more than normal. I have kind of an embarrassing question. Since it was so hot, things were rubbing that normally don't like my underwear. I hear a lot of people run commando but I don't think I can do it. What do you guys and gals do to avoid the unwanted rub burns?

I go commando!! try it! - it is very free-ing! just wear the right running gear!! I also use bodyglide on my inner thighs (sorry for the TMI JD! girl talk here!) when wearing my running shorts...

I hear once you do it once, you never go back to wearing underwear (while running that is) . I guess it's because I only have 1 good pair of dry fit running pants and I don't want to do laundry everyday. lol
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Oh! BTW! I got my 3.5 in this am - and as you may or may not know - I am NOT a morning runner so this was a big deal for me!

Got strength training and 4 miles tonight.
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    It was really humid out there this morning and I was sweating a lot more than normal. I have kind of an embarrassing question. Since it was so hot, things were rubbing that normally don't like my underwear. I hear a lot of people run commando but I don't think I can do it. What do you guys and gals do to avoid the unwanted rub burns?

I go commando!! try it! - it is very free-ing! just wear the right running gear!! I also use bodyglide on my inner thighs (sorry for the TMI JD! girl talk here!) when wearing my running shorts...

I hear once you do it once, you never go back to wearing underwear (while running that is) . I guess it's because I only have 1 good pair of dry fit running pants and I don't want to do laundry everyday. lol

Yea, it helps to have a couple of pairs of good shorts/capris ( I way prefer the capris!) during the summer....I also have three of four pairs of cheap bike shorts that I wear under my running shorts and that helps too. I am too self conscious to wear just the bike shorts even tho I see lots of women in them....just not ready yet!
  • Mireille
    Options
    Oh! BTW! I got my 3.5 in this am - and as you may or may not know - I am NOT a morning runner so this was a big deal for me!

You are running twice today?
    I gotta go back and check the posts from the weekend to find out how your first 8 miles went!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I hate when I go running in my big-girl panties. Gotta hitch them up the entire way. :laugh:

Wonder if there's a market for panties w/suspenders???? y_thinking.gif
  • Mireille
    Options

I hate when I go running in my big-girl panties. Gotta hitch them up the entire way. :laugh:

OMG!!! Again, we are truly sisters!! All my undies are way to big for me and they are definitely the reason for all the "burns". lol (I really laughed out loud!!)
    I couldn't open the picture but wouldn't the suspenders and big panties be a cute way to seduce your hubby? :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options

OMG!!! Again, we are truly sisters!! All my undies are way to big for me and they are definitely the reason for all the "burns". lol (I really laughed out loud!!)
    I couldn't open the picture but wouldn't the suspenders and big panties be a cute way to seduce your hubby? :laugh:

Yeah, until he snaps one of them! :laugh:

YEOUCH!!! :laugh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

um...Trish....you are the best girl!!!!
    Always sooooo motivating.....just love ya!!!:flowerforyou:

Nice job, I know how hard it is to run when its not your regular time LOL.....if I run at night or even afternoon I feel soooo tired and leg heavy and am muttering the whole way...:grumble: lol

nice job lady!!!...

and HUGS from one of your biggest fans!:smooched:

Ali
  • kasch
    kasch Posts: 35
    Options
    the best running shorts with a liner (and zippered pocket) are from rei. they don't chafe and are incredible. i have tried many pairs over the years and i think these are the bomb! also like someone mentioned the body glide is a must...............inner thighs and especially around the bra line! i did 8 sunday and an easy 3 this morning.
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did three miles today
  • kc_lea
    kc_lea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yeow! I miss the interweb :tongue: I've been computer-less for the past few days because of moving. But i have not been running-less!

I have a running partner! One of my friends agreed to start running with me in the mornings! We've done this for the past 2 days and it's been awesome to have someone around to pep things up. We're doing a 5 k route for now and then we're going to go from there.

Today I was leading and set a fairly fast pace for the first 4 k, but then started to fade in the last k. Suddenly she like BOLTED and i had to catch up :sad: ! It was actually really amazing though - running partners are the world's best kept secret.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Way to go on your runs!!
    I got out for 4.45 miles this morning. I feel so good cuz I haven't run since Friday!!! I love the feeling you get after your run, especially after you've showered. I'm so ready for they day.

Me too Tricia! Wouldn't have it any other way. I am SO comfortable. I would recommend at least trying it b/c I ended up trying it by accident (a great story I'll have to share over a glass of wine someday) :embarassed: and have been hooked ever since.

-Kechie.
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Way to go on your runs!!
    I got out for 4.45 miles this morning. I feel so good cuz I haven't run since Friday!!! I love the feeling you get after your run, especially after you've showered. I'm so ready for they day.

Me too Tricia! Wouldn't have it any other way. I am SO comfortable. I would recommend at least trying it b/c I ended up trying it by accident (a great story I'll have to share over a glass of wine someday) :embarassed: and have been hooked ever since.

-Kechie.

This is a great conversation - something all of us runners have to deal with yet nobody ever brings it up. :) I always wear spandex shorts when I run to avoid my inner thighs rubbing. Under Armour makes great spandex that does NOT make it's way up the crotch (like more shorts too). I will have to try body gilde, though, because spandex isn't always the coolest thing to run in!

As for running commando ... do y'all wear the little running shorts with the liners in it????
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    :embarassed:
    I wear the girl's basketball shorts. They are really long in the inseam. They hang down to my knees.

Thanks for the REI suggestion. I will have to check those out!
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    I wear the girl's basketball shorts. They are really long in the inseam. They hang down to my knees.

Sounds like those are the shorts I would need if I was to go commando...the ones down to my knees:laugh: :laugh: Okay...stop laughing...it wasn't that funny!
  • Shannon023
    Options

Sounds like those are the shorts I would need if I was to go commando...the ones down to my knees:laugh: :laugh: Okay...stop laughing...it wasn't that funny!

:laugh:

I'm laughing with you, not at you! :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

um...Trish....you are the best girl!!!!
    Always sooooo motivating.....just love ya!!!:flowerforyou:

Nice job, I know how hard it is to run when its not your regular time LOL.....if I run at night or even afternoon I feel soooo tired and leg heavy and am muttering the whole way...:grumble: lol

nice job lady!!!...

and HUGS from one of your biggest fans!:smooched:

Ali

loveshower.gifloveshower.gifloveshower.gif