breakfast ideas

Options
1113cw
1113cw Posts: 830 Member
Just wondering what everyone does for breakfast to try to get some new ideas.

Oatmeal, yogurt and the like are getting monotonous :indifferent:

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• MarieAnneN
    MarieAnneN Posts: 205
    Options
    1/2 cup of dry oatmeal
    1 tbsp flax seed
    1 tbsp brown sugar
    1/4 cup milk

all cooked together and then 1/2 grapfruit

it just kicks my day!
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Lender's 100% Whole Wheat Bagels with a fat free philly spread :) I prefer the fat free strawberry myself.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    eggs!!! I have never been a big fan, but I started this diet with eggs for breakfast, salad for lunch, protein and veggies for dinner. Also, the protein will carry you through til lunch easy. Now that I'm into the diet, I allow myself a little more, but I had plenty of eggs plenty different kinds of ways in the beginning. Omelet, egg white omelet, fried eggs, fried egg on a piece of whole grain toast. And, add some fruit here and there. I've also done 1tblspn pnut butter on whole grain toast, turkey sausage links and turkey bacon are great. Hope this helps and am hoping other people jump in so I can get some new ideas!!
  • kmunis
    kmunis Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Egg whites with Parm cheese and fresh herbs, yummy and low in fat, calories, etc.
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I havent made them in a while...but fava beans and eggs. Awesome!!!!

However you spell it, it is pronounced 'fool.' It is middle eastern in origin. You rock out with some fava beans, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, tomatoes, and onions. You cook it down according to the recipe and you pack it away in the fridge. It will last for a couple of days. In the morning, you can take a small bowl of it, heat it up, and then top it with eggs or egg whiles, scrambled or fried. Filling, full of energy, and super delicious.

Also check out Jillian Michaels recipe for breakfast in a bowl. It is also really good and filling.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology w/ fat free milk, and 1 tbsp peanut butter...so so yummy! I have it at 6:30am, and I am satisfied until 10 - 10:30. (though, it does take me about a half hour to drink it all)
  • Pandagail32
    Options
    I'm currently on a fresh fruit kick, but knowing me that will be over by next week and I'll move on. Also love toast with peanut butter, yummy and makes me feel full longer.
  • smithsara7272
    smithsara7272 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am not big on breakfast. I really dont even like breakfast food healthy or not. I try to eat a banana since it will help me feel full longer then most fruit. I also eat South Beach protein bars. They are full of protein and only around 180 calories. I am also guilty of eating my home made chicken salad for breakfast. I just cannot seem to eat eggs or oatmeal.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to numerous breakfast sandwiches. Those sandwich rounds are the best things since, well, sliced bread! Sometimes just use as toast, with a big side of fruit. Sometimes have them with LC cheese and some sliced ham.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Boiled Eggs.
    I also like spinach wraps--although that's more of a brunch/lunch.
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just started eating the Jimmy Dean's Breakfast Griddlers. Two pices of french toast, glazed with cinnamon, with a turkey sausage patty in the middle. Very tastey and filling, but it doesn't weigh you down. Best of all, it is only 210 calories!! I love it!!!
  • OmelissaO
    OmelissaO Posts: 42
    Options
    Egg white omelet (3 egg whites) with fat free turkey, and shredded cheese.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    And your post just reminded me of something I used to make alot. It's a Southbeach diet recipe. Great for breakfast, b/c you can make on the weekend, and have ready at any time through the week. Can mix up veggies or add some ham as you like.

Veggie Mini Quiche

•3/4 cup liquid egg substitute or 3 large eggs or 3 /4 cup egg whites
    •1 package frozen chopped spinach (10 oz.) or one large bunch fresh spinach
    •3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
    •1/4 cup diced red or green peppers or mixture of both
    •1/4 cup diced onions
    •Dash of hot pepper sauce
    •Salt to taste - I like it salty and used a half teaspoon.

Preparation:
    Makes 12 mini-quiches
    Need: muffin tin, cooking spray, oven
    1. Heat oven to 350F

2. Spray the muffin tin cups with the cooking spray. Be sure not to omit this step, or the quiches will stick badly to the baking cups. Another option is to use silicone muffin pans.

3. Thaw and drain spinach - I wring it out well in my hand, which eliminates a lot of the "spinachy" taste for those who hate boiled spinach. If using fresh spinach, steam it in the microwave, press out all juice, then chop.

4. Mix the spinach, eggs or egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, hot pepper sauce, salt in a bowl.

5. Fill the muffin tin cups with the mixture.

6. Bake at 350F or 20 minutes. You will know they are done when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.

7. Remove from cups to serve.

Fajita spice variation: Add fajita spice to taste at step 4 (a dash to 1/8 teaspoon). If you like it spicy, you may even want to add a bit of chopped jalapeno.
  • choley222
    choley222 Posts: 57
    Options
    I make a breakfast sandwich with egg whites, 1 slice of canadian bacone, light english muffin and low fat swiss cheese it comes in at about 200 calories depending on your cheese.
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i had a thomas bagel thin plain (110 cals each) with 2 tbspn peanut butter
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    bran flakes and raisins. in australia it is sultana bran in america i think it is raisin bran. anyway the suggested serving size of that with 1/2 cup low fat milk is a great low cal high energy start to the day as well as the fibre really working WITH all the other healthy foods you're probably (hopefully!) eating.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I love my egg beaters omlet, to which I add a few veggies I keep in the frig pre-chopped and one slice of cheese. I love to top mine with salsa. I usually eat it with a small bowl of berries and/or a slice of whole wheat toast.

Rather traditional, but it sticks with me all morning and I don't feel the sugar rush I usually experience with cereals.

As for my oatmeal.....I mix in a half scoop of vanilla whey powder, a couple of tablespoons of raw canned pumpkin, cinnamon, walnuts and honey.
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    Oatmeal
    Vitatops or Van's Muffin Crowns (100 cal)
    Waffles with almond butter & honey
    sandwich thins with egg whites & smart bacon
    egg white fritattas (my favorite with any veggies I have)
    hard boiled egg whites
    KIND fruit and nut bars
  • Wnthreets
    Wnthreets Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have turkey bacon and egg substitute its low in fat and cholestrol and its yummy :D
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I go between slim fast with a banana in it, and oatmeal I know you said you were tired of oatmeal but I add nuts, walnuts or pecans and also different trail mixes very good makes it different and crunchy I also found at Costco a cereal called natures path organic pumpkin flax plus granola. Haven't used it for cereal yet but i have put 1/4 cup in my yogurt with fruit or nuts very good.