Alcohol challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• Lizzgeorge77
    Lizzgeorge77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Okay....I read this and was debating...but I think it would be good to do...my last alcoholic drink was on Monday, March 7th. I had 3 Smirnoff Ice (I know, packed with calories). It's weird though...every time I drink, I'm lighter the next day. Tuesday, I was 3 pounds lighter than the day before! I'm sure that's just dehydration though. Anyway....I think I need to do this.

The reason you are lighter the morning after drinking is that your body is dehydrated. It looks good but will inevitably bounce back up the day after that!
  • Lizzgeorge77
    Lizzgeorge77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that it's been one week since I had my last drink, and I feel GREAT! I have been sleeping like a rock and I feel like my workouts are suddenly making a huge difference (my muscles seem to really be hardening even though I'm not doing much more than usual). Also this might be TMI but my BMs are suddenly like clockwork and...much more substantial. The only thing I've changed is my alcohol consumption, so I'm attributing all this to my now alcohol-free system.

I was really tempted for the first time last night, when I went to a nice dinner with two girlfriends. But afterwards I was in such a good mood - the check was lighter, I came in under my calories for the day, and I was honestly surprised that I had just as much fun as I always do! Plus I didn't have to worry about drinking and driving home. I really think I might drink less in general after this challenge if these positive results keep up. Hopefully I'll see it on the scale soon!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that it's been one week since I had my last drink, and I feel GREAT! I have been sleeping like a rock and I feel like my workouts are suddenly making a huge difference (my muscles seem to really be hardening even though I'm not doing much more than usual). Also this might be TMI but my BMs are suddenly like clockwork and...much more substantial. The only thing I've changed is my alcohol consumption, so I'm attributing all this to my now alcohol-free system.

I was really tempted for the first time last night, when I went to a nice dinner with two girlfriends. But afterwards I was in such a good mood - the check was lighter, I came in under my calories for the day, and I was honestly surprised that I had just as much fun as I always do! Plus I didn't have to worry about drinking and driving home. I really think I might drink less in general after this challenge if these positive results keep up. Hopefully I'll see it on the scale soon!

That's great that you withstood the temptation! I have noticed that I feel better as well when I don't drink. And, I have noticed the same with BMs. I have also noticed that the less I drink, the less I feel the temptation. You just don't care after a while. Keep up the great work and hopefully it does make a significant difference for your diet.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    So, again it's Monday. How did everyone do this weekend?

I did slip a little and have a beer when we went out to eat before the hockey game this Saturday. I payed for it the next day though. My stomach was upset all day Sunday and I didn't have anything irregular other than the beer. It wasn't worth it and I don't plan to do it again.