Bleeding nipples!!!

Options
Now that I have your attention.... lol

I'm looking for shirts to wear while running long distances that wont rub my nipples raw. Any suggestions???? I was thinking Under Armor but wasn't sure if there was something better out there.

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    lol omggg
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    bump (for my hubby :) )
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    I've heard that some would use deoderant for the inner thigh that chafs...so maybe use that?
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Bleeding? Boy, you've got a high pain tollerance. :laugh:

I've had the sore nips before from running and a real runner told me they sometimes tape them. :noway: Yeah, thats what he said. Tape.
  • GinoATC
    GinoATC Posts: 60
    Options
    band aids
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I'm petrified of nipple chafing. Once it starts it is a vicious circle. If you have sensitive nipples, they chafe, so they become more sensitive, so they chafe more. So... I take precautions.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok but for serious...I have no good answers, sports bras have always done the trick- sorry. (maybe they make a sports bro?)
  • zeemaid
    zeemaid Posts: 1
    Options
    vaseline
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    band aids or body glide or a purpose made product called nips ... yes really
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    try body glide anti chafing stick

http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=bodyglide+anti-chafing+stick&form=QBRE&qs=CO&sk=CO3&pq=body+glide+&sp=4&sc=8-11

hope this helps. i've heard abt the tape thing as well. sorry, i'm not EVER doin that.... lol
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have to imagine bleeding nipples is as uncomfortable as the wire from ones bra stabbing their breast all day. Having experienced the latter, I feel for you. Maybe try some waterproof Band Aids?
  • ftt_nyeh
    ftt_nyeh Posts: 17
    Options
    Just go skins. Show off your work
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    wow LMAO... i would say band aids should help
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    .....Ok but for serious...I have no good answers, sports bras have always done the trick- sorry. (maybe they make a sports bro?)

sports bro laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    form fitting tank top with a looser shirt over top.
  • EJPDavenport
    Options
    put vaseline on them before you run
  • sdan
    sdan Posts: 2
    Options
    Ive had this problem too while using the elliptical. I have solved my problem by wearing a t shirt and then a sweatshirt. I think the extra weight keeps the motion down. I know how painful and stressful it can be. Good luck!
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I'm petrified of nipple chafing. Once it starts it is a vicious circle. If you have sensitive nipples, they chafe, so they become more sensitive, so they chafe more. So... I take precautions.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok but for serious...I have no good answers, sports bras have always done the trick- sorry. (maybe they make a sports bro?)

"I don't care who you are right there. That theres funny!" :laugh:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Medical tape! Or maybe they make mens pasties some where, lol. Same concept...but a bit flashier.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Had to open this thread! What a gyp!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Get some pasties!! :laugh: No....for real, Summer's Eve or Massengil makes this product called "chafing gel" and it is a gel-like powder that dries clear. It forms a protective barrier to friction and moisture.It comes in a purple tube and is found by the tampons:blushing: ..LOL!! Its made for areas like under the breasts and for when thighs rub together:noway: ....ewww...LOL! Anyhow...I bet that would protect your nipples from being rubbed raw! I hope you don't mind shopping in the feminine isle!!