Singles thread top 10

Options

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    so, as I don't "Love God" would I be discounted right away? I'm very curious.

I don't want to get into a faith based arguement. We all have our preferences when dating. My bets friend is muslim. His wife is catholic. They class alot over faith. So if I date someone seriosuly I would want us to both have the same core beliefs. Now would I causually date a non christian? Maybe. If I liked her personality and she loved kids, yes. Would i marry a non christian? No. Thats just my preference.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Great thread...sorry I missed it last night so I'm jumping on the bandwagon a little late... :wink:

Ok, my list... didn't think I would get 10 but it was easier than I thought! Not necessarily in order of importance....

1. Must accept me exactly the way I am
    2. Must love kids (I have 1)
    3. Must be reliable & dependable
    4. Must be honest and forthcoming
    5. Must be stable and grounded
    6. Must have a sense of humor & get sarcasm
    7. Must have an interest in maintaining a healthy lifestyle
    8. Must be independent & financially responsible
    9. Must be caring & loving
    10. Must not cheat
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    well I totally failed your list Ed. I think I passed 2 of the 10. The worse one, the one I could never live with is #7. Hate hate hate the robots from the evil empire.

I can't help it that the Yankees OWN the twins! hehehe

At least we get owned by someone like the Yankees while you guys have a tough time beating the Angels and the Royals.

27 world titles baby. Thats all i got to say!
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    Great thread...sorry I missed it last night so I'm jumping on the bandwagon a little late... :wink:

Ok, my list... didn't think I would get 10 but it was easier than I thought! Not necessarily in order of importance....

10. Must not cheat

Very nice list. :-)
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options

10. Must not cheat

Thank you :blushing:
    Liked your list as well although I don't know if I would pass with flying colors either, LOL.
  • bahrainbel
    bahrainbel Posts: 194
    Options

I don't want to get into a faith based arguement. We all have our preferences when dating. My bets friend is muslim. His wife is catholic. They class alot over faith. So if I date someone seriosuly I would want us to both have the same core beliefs. Now would I causually date a non christian? Maybe. If I liked her personality and she loved kids, yes. Would i marry a non christian? No. Thats just my preference.

Interesting, I suppose it's the same, I wouldn't seriously date a Christian, or casually for that matter. Preference.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My top ten requirements would be:
    1. won’t push his religion on me
    2. is self-confident,
    3. has a career
    4. can take my good-humoured teasing,
    5. does not need me to be his taxi driver, personal chef, maid or mother,
    6. is supportive,
    7. kind,
    8. loves animals,
    9. travels well,
    10. can fight without name-calling.

It's ok in my mind if a potential BF would not want to date me because I do not believe in a creator-god, simply because if he is that dedicated to his religion, then we probably aren't on the same wavelength anyway.

If his religion is a big part of his life, then most likely I wouldn't want to date him anyway.
  • SoldierDad
    Options

Interesting, I suppose it's the same, I wouldn't seriously date a Christian, or casually for that matter. Preference.

See its all good. We are all different and that makes us all beautiful.
  • sweetsarahj
    Options

Understandable. I have to say, I am a Buddhist and my ex-husband is Muslim. Our different religions were not an issue for us-- although he took his religion pretty lightly. Actually if he had been a more devout Muslim, we might have worked out. That being said, having had the experience of dating someone whose background is outside the scope of my understanding, I would not do it again.
  • SoldierDad
    Options

10. Must not cheat

Thank you :blushing:
    Liked your list as well although I don't know if I would pass with flying colors either, LOL.

Lol my list came about because of something that happened the other day/ A woman (knowing I have kdis) asked me out. And then went on to tell me she doesn't like kids that much. Lol, made no sense. Btw, my list is just a guideline.
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    Just a note because I see a lot of questions/comments about the religious dating non-religious and I just wanted to say that from a Christian perspective, because of our beliefs, the Bible actually tells us that we shouldn't marry non-Christians. Aside from it causing a lot of chaos within the marriage, Christians are supposed to marry other Christians to make them stronger Christians and to support their beliefs. I have a friend who is an atheist and she married a Christian and they were divorced 3 months later and anytime anyone asks her about it, that is her answer as to why it didn't work "religion".

I pray every day, go to church every sunday, teach sunday school and am involved in the women's ministry. I not only want to find someone who will support me with that but that will be there with me so we can grow together.

I don't want you to think I'm close minded, because I'm not. I have friends who are Budhist, Catholics, Atheists and Mormon, I just wouldn't date them.

And again... just my perspective.

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXOX
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    Just a note because I see a lot of questions/comments about the religious dating non-religious and I just wanted to say that from a Christian perspective, because of our beliefs, the Bible actually tells us that we shouldn't marry non-Christians. Aside from it causing a lot of chaos within the marriage, Christians are supposed to marry other Christians to make them stronger Christians and to support their beliefs. I have a friend who is an atheist and she married a Christian and they were divorced 3 months later and anytime anyone asks her about it, that is her answer as to why it didn't work "religion".

I pray every day, go to church every sunday, teach sunday school and am involved in the women's ministry. I not only want to find someone who will support me with that but that will be there with me so we can grow together.

I don't want you to think I'm close minded, because I'm not. I have friends who are Budhist, Catholics, Atheists and Mormon, I just wouldn't date them.

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXOX

Well, he wouldn't need to be involved in the women's ministry.... lol
  • SoldierDad
    Options

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXOX

I am so proud of you!
  • SoldierDad
    Options

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXOX

Well, he wouldn't need to be involved in the women's ministry.... lol

:-)
  • SoldierDad
    Options

Understandable. I have to say, I am a Buddhist and my ex-husband is Muslim. Our different religions were not an issue for us-- although he took his religion pretty lightly. Actually if he had been a more devout Muslim, we might have worked out. That being said, having had the experience of dating someone whose background is outside the scope of my understanding, I would not do it again.

I can totally understand that.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    8. be able to make decisions.. I am a Libra so I am passive enough for both of us :laugh:
    10. Must trust me to make my own decisions, and not try to tell me what I can and can't do.

Even you women's lists of what you want are confusing. :huh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: Shall I explain??
    8 = Be willing to make choices on places to go, things to do etc, and
    10 = for example don't try to tell me I can't have coffee or a glass of wine... (believe it or not my ex didn't like me to make and have coffee ever... very frustrating)
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    8. be able to make decisions.. I am a Libra so I am passive enough for both of us :laugh:
    10. Must trust me to make my own decisions, and not try to tell me what I can and can't do.

10 = for example don't try to tell me I can't have coffee or a glass of wine... (believe it or not my ex didn't like me to make and have coffee ever... very frustrating)

UGH.. you're not the only one. My ex was always bugging me to give up coffee, he thought it was a bad addiction. LOL, honestly now if I meet a guy who doesn't drink coffee I'm instantly suspicious of him!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options

UGH.. you're not the only one. My ex was always bugging me to give up coffee, he thought it was a bad addiction. LOL, honestly now if I meet a guy who doesn't drink coffee I'm instantly suspicious of him!
    Mine didn't like the smell... :noway:
  • SoldierDad
    Options

Mine didn't like the smell... :noway:

How odd? But if he didn't like the smell why didn't he just go to the other room? I didn't like that my ex smoked. But I respected that ti was her choice and I would tolerated it without brow beating her about it. A relationship is about give and take.
  • SoldierDad
    Options

I have a coffee creamer addiction so i stay away from coffee 99% of the time. BUT I FREAKING LOVE IT! lol :-)