Does your spouse know how much you weigh??

Options
2»

Replies

• mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My husband knows and supports me, after my weight in last Sunday I said, "no loss today" he replied "why?" lol
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I was too embarrassed to tell my hubby how much I weighed after I gave birth but promised him that when I was more comfortable with my weight I would tell him. This week I got to 12 stone 12lbs (or 180lbs) which I am pleased with but still want to lose more. So I confessed to what I was before and how much I weighed now and he was so impressed that I had pulled my finger out and done something about it to improve my confidence.

I say tell him when you are more comfortable with the weight you are at.
  • marie111
    marie111 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Noooooooooooooooo they dont need to no what u weight, just tell him how much ur loseing thats all he needs to no. good luck with ur weight loss.
  • mainey65
    mainey65 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Marie!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    He doesn't know *exactly*. Even if I told him, he'd forget straight away....... If he tells me I'm fat (5'5 & 138lbs), I just tell him how much I've lost...but I don't think he takes much notice.

Good luck to everybody!
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    Me and the OH tell each other after every weigh in.

It's nice to be on this journey with him :)
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend measured my bodyfat with calipers once. It was embarrassing, but I just thought, well, he's not going to find me less attractive just because he knows the numbers.
  • fitness63
    fitness63 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My husband does not know how much I weigh. He never has, even when it was 115 pounds and I was 5'7". I met him around that weight. I was not eating because I was in college (18 years old) and disliked going to the dining hall. I married him around 130 (25 years) pounds and hit 160 (27 years). He once mentioned to his buddies, "I didn't mary that." Since then I haven't felt the need to tell him as he can clearly tell. He is very supportive..maybe over-supportive and I only feel comfortable telling him how much I lost.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    My husband does not know how much I weigh. He never has, even when it was 115 pounds and I was 5'7". I met him around that weight. I was not eating because I was in college (18 years old) and disliked going to the dining hall. I married him around 130 (25 years) pounds and hit 160 (27 years). He once mentioned to his buddies, "I didn't mary that." Since then I haven't felt the need to tell him as he can clearly tell. He is very supportive..maybe over-supportive and I only feel comfortable telling him how much I lost.

That had to hurt. I'm sorry you heard that from him.

Having read this whole thread, I have to say that your partner should know everything about you. How can he help you, understand you, encourage you, and support you if he has no clue what you weigh and what you think of your weight.

It's obvious your men know what you look like. Guess what, they're still here. Knowing the number isn't going to change that. Especially when they see your hard work and food choices and understand why.

At the end of the day it's your journey. I just can't see passing up on the person who should be / could be your biggest fan.

Be great, people. It's in you.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    yup, he helps me stay motivated...i tell him every pound i drop and what i weigh now.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has always know what I weighed, but I would have been more secretive with my mum, etc! It's only now that I've lost weight that I've started telling people what I used to weigh!

My boyfriend would be fairly heavy (6'5" and around 20st) and wouldn't care what I weighed :smile: He would always have lifted me up, but says it's a lot easier now :laugh:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My husband knows my weight,I just tell him.
    everytime I lose a pound or 2 he hears it lol
    but he new when i was 230
    he loves me no matter what ive got no problem telling him
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Nope! One time he guessed 175. HA, such a sweetie :laugh:
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    Mine knows how much I weigh. I really didn't want to say anything about it before because I weigh over 300 lbs right now and when I started on here and I'm only 5'3". He has a totally different body type than me, 6'2 and a little over 200 lbs. So it was embarrassing that I out way him by over 100 lbs and i'm about a foot shorter lol. However, I came to the realization that I didn't want to hide behind that number (because it isn't going to stay that) and so I just told him and each weigh in I write the new # on the calendar so it is visible for me or anyone that cares to see.

I think it is helpful because it gives him some sort of clue where I have been, what I am trying to do and he gets to see it happen.
  • chroi23
    chroi23 Posts: 27
    Options
    Yeah...my husband knows...he asked me repeatedly and i didn't want to tell him...but i finally gave in and instantly regretted it when he told me that was disgusting...so...i'll be doing this on my own...good thing i'm doing it for myself and not for him. It's great that you have such supportive husbands...mine tries in his own way i suppose...it's a little better since i've been diagnosed with diabetes