Finally crossed that BMI line

Options
Evarell
Evarell Posts: 143 Member
I'm happy to say that I have officially become "overweight"- as opposed to "obese." Yea <doing happy dance> :bigsmile:

Replies

• SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is so great!!! Congrats!!! I can't wait until I get there! It'll be a while, LOL!
  • crysmiss86
    crysmiss86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Nice, I can't wait until that happens to me. I have a while to go. I can feel your happiness.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Same for me this week - it is a good feeling, especially because the next range is "healthy" and very attainable.
  • eandrus
    eandrus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's awesome for you and an inspiration for me! That's a benchmark I'm hoping to reach this summer. Keep up the good work.
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yay, well done, must be a great feeling. I've got about 1lb to go until i get there - can't wait to just be overweight! :laugh:
  • tappytaptap
    Options
    awesome!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm about 6lbs or so away as well. can't wait!
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Great Job. That was one of my Happy Moments also. :smile:
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!

....3 pounds and I am there, too!!!
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    CONGRADULATIONS!!! Huge accomplishment.

Celebrate by buying yourself something nice to wear.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Wohow, congratulations!
  • jyt2573
    jyt2573 Posts: 80
    Options
    Apparently, my body is deciding to do a Tango back and forth across this line. I'm obese-I'm overweight-I'm obese, cha-cha-cha. Grats on crossing the line and I can't wait to join you (in a more permanent fashion) over there!!

Jennifer
  • kensch
    kensch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you all... I crossed over into healthy a few weeks ago.

Am now 10lb from my goal...
  • sdhorne
    sdhorne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have read a lot of places about BMI it doesn't take in account for your body type or physical make up. Bodybuilders all fall in the obese range. Concentrate more on your body fat %. For me to be "healthy" at 6'3" I am supposed to weigh no more than 200 lbs. I remember 200 and I was nothing but skin and bones.
  • Evarell
    Options
    I have read a lot of places about BMI it doesn't take in account for your body type or physical make up. [. . .]

Oh, I know, but it's still nice to see the little arrow move left over the line.
  • Evarell
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for the support.
    Apparently, my body is deciding to do a Tango back and forth across this line. I'm obese-I'm overweight-I'm obese, cha-cha-cha. Grats on crossing the line and I can't wait to join you (in a more permanent fashion) over there!!

Jennifer

I'm hoping that posting will help motivate me to *not* do that tango. It would be pretty embarassing after bragging about it. :tongue:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that is awesome. I crossed over yesterday. It feels great!!! Congrats.
  • ColinJStewart
    Options
    Well done! That's my first goal too. :-)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have read a lot of places about BMI it doesn't take in account for your body type or physical make up. [. . .]

Oh, I know, but it's still nice to see the little arrow move left over the line.

Yeah I don't think I'm obese but according to the chart I am...4 lbs to go till I see a BMI of 29.8 :)

Congrats to everyone and the OP!!
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    That is great, congratulations. I have 13.5 pounds to lose until I get out of "overweight" Can't wait. Keep up the good work everyone!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!