Friend Betrayal

Options
13»

Replies

• Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This is an odd thing to post on a forum for a fitness website, but...
    People who post that sort of stuff on public networking sites are generally begging for the person they're aimed at to read it (although subconsciously). It was a stupid, selfish thing for her to do and a further violation of your trust to not talk to you first about whatever issues she had with you before broadcasting it to the world.
    It would make the most sense to just tell her that you'd seen the post, express that it genuinely hurt your feelings. I would seriously consider not bringing up the lies--if there's anything that will make someone exceedingly reactive, it's calling them a liar. Don't become confrontational--she'll get defensive. Just state the facts and leave before an argument starts.

Hi Dragon

Your advice is excellent but I just wanted to comment on your first line.

The reason this is thread is posted here is my friend is upset about her friend's comments and along with many of us, being upset can cause a lot of eating habits to reappear or raise their ugly heads. This site is not a fitness site it is a Life Change site where we strive to change all the things in our lives that have caused us to have weight problems. People causing us unwanted upsets have no idea how much this can cause us to have a downwards spiral.

Your advice was excellent and much appreciated. I just wanted to make clear that this site is not just for fitness or weight loss it is for support, motivation and encouragement.

No harm, no foul lol xxx Wendy