An overheard comment

Options
aflane
aflane Posts: 625 Member
Today was a strange day at the gym, workout wise. I was late getting to the gym, cause I had to run home for my gym bag (forgot it this morning). So I hit the bike for a quick 25 min ride before my training session. Then got through training, doing more reps than I thought I had in me. And thoroughly attacked that danged medicine ball -- I have to slam it on the floor, over and over and over again. Then after training, got back on the bike for the remaining 20 mins of my 45 daily cardio.

By the time I finished up, I was dripping sweat, and was generally a limp noodle. On the treadmill behind me were 2 women, running effortlessly (or so it seemed), and one of them was one of the gym trainers. I heard the non-trainer say to the trainer, 'Boy! she really works up a sweat!!", the trainer replied "She's here every day.... I heard she's lost over 40 lbs already!" Non-trainer replied, "Wow!!"

I called up to them, "See you on Saturday, taking tomorrow off... BTW, I just broke the 50 lb mark." Boy that felt GOOD!

Replies

• Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! That must have felt awesome :)
  • MsPitt
    MsPitt Posts: 78
    Options
    Fantastic! What a great thing to overhear!!
  • TheNewDanielle
    Options
    Congrats! Sounds like a great end to a great workout :)
  • Lacole216
    Lacole216 Posts: 97
    Options
    awesome! You go girl! :drinker:
  • kgarza810
    kgarza810 Posts: 37
    Options
    wow! that is awesome! congrats
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Seriously, congratulations!
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Those are the comments that make a killer workout all worthwhile! You are doing great and anytime you want, consider someone in MFP land saying, "WOW, look at her, she's a success!"
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! That's awesome and such a great feeling! Congrats to you!!!!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Wow, you go girl!
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    thats so cool that just made me smile.. as I was reading i was like they better not of said nothing ugly!!!!!! so glad that they are talking about you in a good way!!!You go gurl!!!
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It's nice to hear, huh???? Great job!!!!
  • rebrafe
    rebrafe Posts: 64
    Options
    Keep it going! You are doing an amazing job - thanks for the inspiration!
  • kvr414
    kvr414 Posts: 111
    Options
    :heart: it! keep up the good work!! you should be so proud of yourself!!
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You know one day you'll hear someone say "I keep coming back to the gym because she inspires me to do it." I know if I went to your gym I'd tap you on the shoulder and tell you myself. Congradulations on having adoring fans!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! It feels really good to hear things like that as you are working so hard, doesn't it? Keep it up!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You're a WINNER and you're very dedicated and faithful to becoming a drop-dead gorgeous, very healthy woman. You are and you will be even more SUCCESSFUL. Ignore all the ones who appear to be scoffing with their non-verbal behavior. You're going to leave 'em all in your dust as those excess pounds keep falling off your gorgeous framework. You ROCK! Tami Jones Shumate did it....187 lbs. OFF. And, as of this morning, she's been on MFP, recording her daily food and exercise diary for one full year to maintain her good health she worked so hard to achieve over a two year, 7/7 days, period.

Big hugs to you :). Add me to your friends list if you would like. (retired cardiac RN)

Claire
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Must have felt so great! Keep it up :)
  • Starburst13
    Options
    Such a terrific way to finish your workout!
    Keep up the hard work - you are an inspiration.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Refreshing to hear something NICE said under-the-breath at the gym. And by a gym worker, too. I was convinced they were of lower intelligence than male models. This based purely on real experiences, not cynicism. =o]
  • twilla367
    twilla367 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow that must of you feel amazing! Keep up the good work.