*Snowflakes to Sunshine Challenge* Week #10 Discussion 3.11.

Options

Replies

• mommy2two07
    mommy2two07 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    weight: 176.6
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Ok so I wrote a blog last week about creating a calorie deficit in order to lose weight. I would really like everyone to check it out because it actually made a lot of sense. Sometimes we will say..."Well I was under my calories all week and didn't lose anything" but we haven't look to see if we are creating at least a 3500 calorie deficit between total calories burned (including rest) and calories consumed. It gives you an idea a formula you can use to figure this out. I have noticed by reading, the more intense your workouts are (in regards to calorie burns) the more you have to it.

So please subscribe to the blog, if you can. I am actually wanting to write a book in the next couple of years and would love feedback and support. Thanks guys!

www.krystlesweightloss.blogspot.com
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry for not writing sooner but I'm in a similar predicament as Eyesee. This past week has been extremely stressful at work. I'm also dealing with my mother-in-laws illnesses. I was at the hospital yesterday with her as she had water on her lungs. She is a dialysis patient plus is going through radiation treatment for her cervical cancer. Too add more to the pot, my middle son has cyst under his left arm pit which will need surgery. So needles to say I've not had much time or the motivation to take care of me. The one thing that I am thankful for is that I have not had the urge to have any sugar. I'm still being careful as to what I'm eating but not exercising as much as I should.

I would like to thank you Krystle for your motivation as well as all of you. I've not loss nor gained this week. I stayed the same. I will be dedicating to doing my treadmill five times this week and also getting back at doing my weight training. Well sorry for ranting but it feels good to get this off my chest. Once again, thanks for the support.

Liliane
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Ok so I wrote a blog last week about creating a calorie deficit in order to lose weight. I would really like everyone to check it out because it actually made a lot of sense. Sometimes we will say..."Well I was under my calories all week and didn't lose anything" but we haven't look to see if we are creating at least a 3500 calorie deficit between total calories burned (including rest) and calories consumed. It gives you an idea a formula you can use to figure this out. I have noticed by reading, the more intense your workouts are (in regards to calorie burns) the more you have to it.

So please subscribe to the blog, if you can. I am actually wanting to write a book in the next couple of years and would love feedback and support. Thanks guys!

www.krystlesweightloss.blogspot.com

Already started following you my dear!!!

And yes a new challenge come June would be awesome (especially since i won't be any where near the 40lbs or goal weight mark by then!) Plus i love the support from everyoen and making awesome MFP friends to hold me accountable

xoxo-S
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Plus I am thinking about another challenge we can do after this one ;)
    I love it!! Just please don't call it Sunshine to Snowflakes. :laugh: I really hope you do, because I will miss everyone here too much after June!
    I love every single one of you and know that you can give even more...this is your 2nd wind, so give it your all. I am so proud of you!
    Aww... We love you too Krystle!! :smooched:

rjlam... Best wishes to you and your family.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry for not writing sooner but I'm in a similar predicament as Eyesee. This past week has been extremely stressful at work. I'm also dealing with my mother-in-laws illnesses. I was at the hospital yesterday with her as she had water on her lungs. She is a dialysis patient plus is going through radiation treatment for her cervical cancer. Too add more to the pot, my middle son has cyst under his left arm pit which will need surgery. So needles to say I've not had much time or the motivation to take care of me. The one thing that I am thankful for is that I have not had the urge to have any sugar. I'm still being careful as to what I'm eating but not exercising as much as I should.

I would like to thank you Krystle for your motivation as well as all of you. I've not loss nor gained this week. I stayed the same. I will be dedicating to doing my treadmill five times this week and also getting back at doing my weight training. Well sorry for ranting but it feels good to get this off my chest. Once again, thanks for the support.

Liliane

Totally understand! Take care of your family, they need you and as soon as that is squared away you can get back to working off those pounds! :)
  • Krys_T
    Options

I love it!! Just please don't call it Sunshine to Snowflakes.  I really hope you do, because I will miss everyone here too much after June!

I was actually thinking "Sunshine Kisses to Winter Wishes". It actually just popped in my head 10 seconds ago lol
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    A few days ago I had a low(er) carb day, thanks to another challenge. It was really hard for me to eat less carbs, but I would like to try it a couple days again this week, because it made me eat more veggies.

I anyone else doing low-carb? I would love if you would share your food diary with me, or to hear your suggestions/advice!
    [/quote]

I've done low carb in the past (Protein Power by the Drs. Eades). It worked wonders for me in the past, and although I'm not going at it as hard as I did (limited to 30 gr of carbs per day), I am really trying to cut back drastically. Feel free to friend me and you can see my diary. This week wasn't maybe the best example (had 2 chocolate chip cookies last night!), but I am trying to keep it to around 45 g carbs/day. Just cutting out all the breads, potatoes, rice, chips (the yummy stuff!) makes a big difference. I'm hoping it will make a bigger difference for me now, too.
  • Suzeesmu
    Options
    Well, it was only a .5 lb loss for me this week. Again, I'll take it. I have been much higher on the sodium than I like to be due to a recipe that I made (very yummy), will DEFINITELY use low sodium soups next time (just had the regular in the pantry).

I am making a concerted effort to do "real" exercise (gym, workout dvds) as opposed to the extra cleaning and food prep I do above and beyond what happens in a regular day. New HRM is helping me there - yea! Can track how many calories I'm burning if I'm not in front of a machine at the gym. I realize I really need to exercise so I'm hoping that will get my metabolism going.

I know there are lots of discussions out there about eating back your at least some of your exercise calories, but I really haven't done that. I see with some people's diarys they don't eat them, and some do (and both sides are losing). I really haven't been eating them, and my daily net calories are ranging from 650 - 1000, averaging around 800, but I am very slowly dropping. Am I putting myself in a stall? I hate the idea of eating more calories, and sometimes I honestly really don't feel like eating anything more.

I'm going back to limiting my carbs, but not as strictly as I have in the past, to see if that can help (was amazing before, but that was over 10 yrs ago).

Any ideas/input are very welcome!
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options

I love it!! Just please don't call it Sunshine to Snowflakes.  I really hope you do, because I will miss everyone here too much after June!

I was actually thinking "Sunshine Kisses to Winter Wishes". It actually just popped in my head 10 seconds ago lol

Krystle-- love Sunshine kisses to Winter Wishes.....That will keep us all together through the entire year. Am I a stalker much? I love this group so much and I will hug you and squeeze you and never let you go *cue scary music now*.

Ignore me, I'm in such a silly mood today...Happy Sunday
  • Suzeesmu
    Options

Plus I am thinking about another challenge we can do after this one ;)

I think I get that, Krystle, and If I figured correctly, I should be eating more calories than I have been.... I think.....

And it would be awesome to have another challenge! I was thinking how sad I'll be when this is over (and I'm not sure I'll make the goal - but won't be giving up!) Count me in - don't want to lose any of you guys!!
  • Suzeesmu
    Options

Krystle-- love Sunshine kisses to Winter Wishes.....That will keep us all together through the entire year. Am I a stalker much? I love this group so much and I will hug you and squeeze you and never let you go *cue scary music now*.

Ditto all the above and Leandread - you are a HOOT!
  • Suzeesmu
    Options
    Could someone recommend a scale that they absolutely love? I have a healthometer scale and I'm not sure if it's accurate enough (I hope so) this morning I was 198, 195, than 194. I weighed myself at least 15 times in different parts of my house until I kept getting the same number.

I have really found the Weight Watchers digital scale to be very (unfortunately sometimes) accurate no matter where I put it. I had the same problem as you and this is the first scale that stays the same. It also is the first scale that weighed me the same as the Dr.s office, which always weighed me heavier than my home scale. I guess that's a good thing (no cringing at the Dr).

I found it at Costco and I really like it. Measures to the .10 pound. No fancy bells and whistles (bmi, talking...), just accurate numbers. It's the second one I've owned only because the first one broke when someone accidentally dropped it (it's glass, didn't shatter into a million pieces, the digital part stopped working if I remember correctly).
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I lost .8 this week....and that is ok. I'm worried because I hurt my shoulder/back, so I can't really workout..... It even hurts when I breathe. I might try and walk on the treadmill later today. I don't want to have a set back....since I have taken it easy for the last couple of days.

I usually do the Shred in the morning, and the treadmill & Elliptical in the afternoon. I hope I have a weightloss next weigh in.
  • TATennis
    TATennis Posts: 49
    Options
    :bigsmile:

Krystle, I Love it! "Sunshine kisses to winter wishes" . Im so curious to know what the next challenge plan will be :wink: I don't think another 40 lbs LOL :laugh: , since you look pretty much at your goal now. YOUR Looking AWESOME!! I LOVE YOUR NEW PICTURE.

I love this Group and would hate to see it end.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I'm back from Mexico! Glad to be able to track my food again and prepare it myself! :smile:

I logged my weight for this week as maintaining 193; we'll see where I'm at on Friday when I've gotten back to normal.
  • whittrusty
    Options
    For lack of a better word, I've been pretty glum for the past two weeks. I'm having problems at work & with my relationship and I barely left the house or did much of anything. (Sorry if that's TMI, I just haven't really talked about it much.)
    I haven't been on the boards and I've been lax with spreadsheet updating, so I'm really sorry if I let anyone down.

I know I can work much harder than this, and, even though we're already almost half way there, I'm finally feeling about ready to step it up. Honestly you guys and this challenge only things that have kept me from crazy junk food binges.

Thank you guys for being random people in the world that can come on here and be so caring and motivating to people like me that you don't even know. I'm so impressed by so many of you-- the people that are dropping weight like water, and the people who are having a hard time and yet aren't giving up. I just wanted you guys to know that even if we don't always feel like we have much to say, there are people like me who read what you guys write and it means a lot-- even just the little things.

So thanks again, and I'm ready to get my butt into gear starting NOW! :drinker: (<~~ That's a water toast by the way... staying away from empty wine calories! lol)

Awww Aislin, you gotta tell us this stuff! But I'm glad that you are letting us know now. Sometimes life pulls away from this journey. But girl don't worry about the spreadsheet being delayed. You have done such a WONDERFUL job in just creating it that if it is delayed...so what! LOL! I hope everything turns around for you, be strong!

Ditto! Hope you start feeling better about stuff and take it one day at a time. You can do it! And we're all here to help!
  • whittrusty
    Options

LOL!!!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Phew! That's a great name!
    I've done low carb in the past (Protein Power by the Drs. Eades). It worked wonders for me in the past, and although I'm not going at it as hard as I did (limited to 30 gr of carbs per day), I am really trying to cut back drastically. Feel free to friend me and you can see my diary. This week wasn't maybe the best example (had 2 chocolate chip cookies last night!), but I am trying to keep it to around 45 g carbs/day. Just cutting out all the breads, potatoes, rice, chips (the yummy stuff!) makes a big difference. I'm hoping it will make a bigger difference for me now, too.
    Thanks for sharing! That IS low carb! I love carbs so much... :cry:
    I love this group so much and I will hug you and squeeze you and never let you go *cue scary music now*.
    :laugh: :huh:

Awesome plan Christine1110!!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Ok I have another exercise for us...

I know sometimes we get down on ourselves if we have a bad day or week...so in preparation for next week I want us to say 3 things we like about ourselves, it can physical or personality traits...whatever you want! So ready, set...GO!