How do you doctor up your omelets/eggs?

Options
ladyjh578
ladyjh578 Posts: 207
I love an omelet and am just wondering how you guys eat yours. Most of the time I don't feel like I have enought points left for dinner so I always think of an egg white omelet. Now I just need some new ideas/ingredients to try.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Replies

• khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Turkey sausage, mushrooms, low fat feta.....those are usually my staples for my egg whites.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I love omelettes.

you could add salsa.
    I keep a bag of frozen pepper and onion mix in the freeze and add those to omlettes.
    Add veggie bacon or Ham,
    Feta cheese.
    Taco seasoning instead of salt and pepper.
  • 1111renee
    1111renee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love mine with imitaion crab and laughing cow swiss chees for creaminess :) then top with fresh salsa
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    With salsa!

It's tastey and adds zing and it's low cal too !
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love mine with onions/peppers and topped with a little cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes and taco sauce! If I have enough calories to spare a little light sourcream.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Mine depend on what I have in the house, but if I have it I have added: shredded carrot, cubed celery, peppers, cooked spinach a crumbled slice of turkey bacon or a little cubed ham, tofu or TVP, melt some laughing cow cheese on the top, also experiment with different spice combinations.

If you have a slice of bread left you can also make egg white french toast, put egg and cinnamon in the batter and then dip your bread, I like to add a bit of yogurt on the top sometimes...but stay away from the syrup:sad:
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Smoked Gouda, tastes like bacon!!!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    3 egg whites
    1 egg yolk
    fat free half and half
    salt/pepper

Make omelette
    for me:
    add Turkey (or regular) microwave bacon
    1/4 cup of Kraft 2% shredded cheese

for DW:
    Onions/tomatos/spinich (cooked down in pan)
    feta cheese

Yum :heart:
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I use a Morning Star Breakfast sausage, low fat provolone, mushrooms, onion, peppers, and a little bit of salsa!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Turkey sausage, spinach and a smidge of shredded cheese. Yummm. Now I'm hungry.
  • VictoriaMilanowski
    Options
    Paprika! I love paprika on any kind of egg!!
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    Spinach, onion, tomato and sometimes shredded carrots if I'm feeling like a sweet thang :-)
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms are great because they add a lot of flavor, they are high in fiber and they are bulky! I like a little low fat goat cheese and thinly sliced green olives for some zing, top with salsa! So filling and under 300!
  • Aintplayin
    Aintplayin Posts: 102
    Options
    I see a lot of people say salsa... well, salsa is what makes the omelet to me!!

I know you said you really don't have many points left for dinner but if you put on a TBS of sour cream.. that just makes me happy. Also, I like to saute up a pinch of spinach too. If I have baked chicken left over form dinner, I'll throw that in too.

With an omelet, there are no rules :smile:
  • nanmosta1
    nanmosta1 Posts: 55
    Options
    My favorites are a fajati omelettte, I buy the frozen chicken mix, use 3 oz of chicken with peppers and onions, top with 1/8 cup Mexican cheese,serve with salsa and a slice of avacado. Second place is an Italian omelette, Italian turkey sausage with peppers and onions, top with 1 slcie of provolone. An omelette my husband created is really good, mix tuna in with the eggs, make omelette as usual put teo slices of turkey bacon in it, then top with montery jack cheese. Finally just a veggie omeltte with mushrooms, spinach, onions, peppers
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I usually add onions, spinach, cherry tomatoes and some chopped up bell peppers if I have them. My favorite thing to add is Chipotle Tabasco sauce, gives it a great spicy and smokey flavor.
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    broccoli and parmesan cheese
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I saute mushrooms, green onions, red and green peppers in olive oil and add to my omelette along with some swiss cheese.

Sometimes I make them with kidney beans and salsa or fresh diced tomatos.

Karen
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I don't eat egg omelets but my husband does and I prepare them for him. Sometimes I chop up some dark leafy greens like kale, spinach, collards, romaine into julienne-type strips, saute some mushrooms, onion, tomato and diced carrots. I might even throw in some finely sliced leeks. I season with Italian herbs (basil, oregano, thyme and rosemary) along with a pinch of original Herbamare or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. To make it cheesy, I either add 1-2 tbsp of nutritional yeast or add a couple ounces of skim-milk mozzarella or crumbled feta. Sometimes when I'm feeling really creative I'll throw in a quarter cup of red or black french lentils.

When I eat omelets I make them out of tofu, which I almost always season with my own South Indian Curry blend (I love curries!). I add pretty much all the same veggies and herbs that I add to my husband's omelet and use nutritional yeast as cheese. Delicious!

By the way, you just gave me an idea for lunch today - curried tofu scramble in a wrap with lots of fresh greens - thanks!
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    I have been on a HUGE omelette kick lately. Egg Whites, sauted Mushrooms, Sauteed Red and orange peppers, Spinach, a bit of garlic, and low fat cheese. YUM!

I must agree with a previous post that smoked gouda takes like bacon. SOOOO GOOOD!!!!!