How many cups/cup is 2 oz of pasta?

Options
2»

Replies

• detarrevo
    detarrevo Posts: 45
    Options
    Thank you! I just started counting calories today and my mom planned on spaghetti tonight for dinner. This really helps me out.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    2oz of pasta is also so many grams. (maybe 100 but not sure- its on the food label of the pasta) I think its best that you weigh it out in grams on your scale. that is what I do so I don't over portion
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    2oz of pasta is also so many grams. (maybe 100 but not sure- its on the food label of the pasta) I think its best that you weigh it out in grams on your scale. that is what I do so I don't over portion

56 grams. 1 ounce is 28 grams, 2 ounces are 56 grams and so on :)
  • twilliams4821
    Options
    Me too, thanks!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    yep. I have a food scale and weigh most things now. Its totally worth it to buy one, help me measure chips and snacks. 2oz of pasta cooks up to about 1 cup, depending on the size and shape of your pasta.

QFT - yes you are right on your guessed measurememnts
    but invest in a digital scale , please...
    its the best 20-30 bucks you can spend on yourself this month!
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I bought a pasta spoon (looks like a huge white comb) at the store that has holes in the handle so I can measure out the dry spaghetti before I put it in the water. I grabbed a handful of dry noodles and filled up the circle for 2 people and that is what I put in the water. After it cooked I told my DH that was enough for 2 people and we each dished out our portion.

I also bought a digital scale - best investment ever! I have a book that goes with it and there is a code for the food type (lets say apple) - I put one on the scale and it gave me the weight, macros & calories. I put a smaller one on the scale and it showed me the correct numbers for that size apple. And it was only about $30 with shipping (Amazon.com)
  • reginasue4
    reginasue4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was surprised to see that brown rice spaghetti, one cup, was 800 calories. Fortunately it fit my requirements for the day.
  • karenshaye
    karenshaye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Everywhere I look online 1 serving of cooked whole wheat spaghetti = 140grams = 4.9 ounces = 1 cup = 170 calories. Is that what others are getting as well? So, yeah, that's a lot of calories.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I was surprised to see that brown rice spaghetti, one cup, was 800 calories. Fortunately it fit my requirements for the day.

That would be for 1 cup UNCOOKED - pasta (even brown rice pasta) is generally right around 200 calories per serving. If you logged your 1 cup of cooked spaghetti as 800 calories you seriously ripped yourself off that day.
  • elbenoit
    elbenoit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    jenboomer wrote: »
    Thank you for this post. This helped me to much. I thought that I ate over 1400 calories in 1 cup of spaghetti noodles and then I read this and noticed that dry and wet are different sizes. Thanks again

I just did the same thing! Haha. Thanks so much for this information!!

• astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    get a food scale.. pasta is all different shapes
  • jeeperzcrow
    jeeperzcrow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I get that generally 1 cooked serving of pasta is 1 cup. I measure everything on my food scale so my question is: how many ounces is that cooked 1 cup? Is it 8 as in 8 ounces in a cup?
  • MAB0218
    MAB0218 Posts: 39 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I usually eat that healthy harvest one..i eat 1/2 cup..mix it with alot of veggies and chicken..its great that way. 90 cal for the pasta.
  • TamzFit777
    TamzFit777 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've been having 1/2 cup servings. I usually eat a lot of veggies first before eating pasta so that after I eat the pasta im satisfied even though its so little.
  • ljwhiting
    ljwhiting Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've switched to (Aldi's) Chickpea pasta. It's pretty good. Barilla Protein+ might be similar, I'm not sure.