Diaries and Unnecessary Comments - Rant

Options
1235»

Replies

• spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    This is crazy! Did you tell them maybe they would be in better mood if they ate some meat today? Funny thing is I am NOT catholic and just looked at my diary and I am NOT eating any meat today LOL.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Some people are just so rude, it amazes me.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    i was raised catholic, converted to islam and very much appreciate it when people don't get 'religiony' on me (and i promise to give you the same respect!) :flowerforyou:

I wonder what sorts of comments i will get come ramadan lol! (but as you can probably deduce from my profile pic, i am not very religious)
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I was raised catholic, but as an adult I choose to not have a label. I don't eat meat period, and I don't force that on anyone either. But I do still participate in Lent. It is part of a personal spiritual and physical challenge. It's like spring training for the mind, body and soul. I'm not Muslim, but I also fast at Rhamadan. I love religious and cultural celebrations.... as long as I'm not told I HAVE to do it.

Once a co-worker made an announcement that if she caught anyone eating meat on Fridays she would "personally slap the food out their mouth." So I walked to the pizza place around the corner and bought a meaty pizza and sat right next to her at the lunch table with a big smile and announced that I was no longer a vegetarian. She didn't slap me. But it became clear that she was just jealous because she had no self control. Long story short, it was all her problem. And she was told that her religion had no place in our lunchroom by people who were in the place to do so.

I hope you reported the message to Mike. That person needs to understand the purpose of this site. We're saving bodies here, not souls. Thats a whole nother kinda website.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    that's beyond rude. i'm glad i keep mine private even if i've been told that i'm not being accountable because of that. yeah okay *kitten*
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Well my 2 cents on this: I am a Catholic, I am a Minister of the Eucharist.

I don't care whether someone eats meat or doesn't eat meat. I don't force my religious views down anyone's throat and neither do I force my views on eating down anyone's throat.

That person was obviously just one of these completely over-the-top fundamentalists that you will find in any religion. Loonies like that are the ones that give every other Catholic a bad name.

Tell them that if you want to eat a tube of glue it's none of their business :smile:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    wanna know what I'm having for dinner tonight?

asparagus, a WHITE potatoe (and the skin thankyouverymuch), and 6 oz of steak tips.

lip smackin good!

Yum!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Send a note to MIke that should be someone who should be banned. Live and let live around here! And I have the utmost respect for Catholics but that was uncalled for! How DARE they!

And I challenge the PERSON THAT DID THAT to come to this thread and do an open apology - TO THE BOARD. That is beyond RUDE. Put on your BIG GIRL PANTIES and come to THIS THREAD & apologize to the OP and everyone on this board for being RUDE!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Unreal.

I have to wonder if it was the same person who (out of the blue), as a stranger, felt the need to send me an email a couple weeks ago telling me that the only way I would fix my issues (depression, insomnia, etc as described on my profile) was to give my life to Jesus and read the bible.

Btw - dying laughing over here at eat me, live kittens, big indians and religiony. Who would have ever thought those 4 phrases would ever be in the same thread............... :laugh:
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    Seriously?? That is bizarre. I didn't even know that was a rule! How completely inappropriate!! Is there are way to block certain people?
This discussion has been closed.