Options
    Good morning,

Ran a lovely 5 miles this morning.

How's is everyone?
    Mireille
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Came home tonight and went to the gym for a Body Pump class. Turns out it wasn't on after all, so I thought I'd do a little walk on the treadmill instead. Before I knew it, the walk turned into a run, and I ended up walking .6 miles and then running 3.4 after that!

I feel so good! Someone remind me why I ever stopped running?! :happy: Now I just need to get up to the impressive distances that ya'll seem to handle with ease! What an inspiration this group is!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Morning All! :flowerforyou:

Rest day for me today. Gonna have to get a 2nd Mortgage on the house because I need new running shoes. Mine are starting to rub blisters. :sick:

Glad you got out, Mireille. Maybe it'll cleanse that potty-mind of yours! :laugh:

Nice going on yours too, barefoot!! You'll work up to those long distances before you know it!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Morning All! :flowerforyou:

Rest day for me today. Gonna have to get a 2nd Mortgage on the house because I need new running shoes. Mine are starting to rub blisters. :sick:

Glad you got out, Mireille. Maybe it'll cleanse that potty-mind of yours! :laugh:

Nice going on yours too, barefoot!! You'll work up to those long distances before you know it!! :flowerforyou:

I think it's gonna take more than 5 miles to cleans me. I had very interesting dreams last night. :devil:

I know what you mean about getting new shoes. That's exactly what my old shoes were doing and as soon as I bought new ones, the blisters went away! :flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

Today was "speedwork".:laugh: I jogged a mile to warm up. Then, I ran a 9 minute mile pace twice with half mile jogs after each. Then I jogged a mile to cool down.

This workout is about 5 miles total and it is recommended that you do it on a track. Instead I do it in my neighborhood. It is a perfect one mile run from my house to a nice flat street that is exactly a half mile long.

So I run up and down the half mile stretch to do one mile. At the end of the half mile stretch, I can turn left or right and run 1/4 mile to an intersecting street and turn around to get my half mile jogs in between.

Enjoy the day:drinker:
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Good morning,

Ran a lovely 5 miles this morning.

How's is everyone?
    Mireille

I'm fat and sassy.:laugh: Thanks for asking! So glad you got out today.

Have a good one
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Came home tonight and went to the gym for a Body Pump class. Turns out it wasn't on after all, so I thought I'd do a little walk on the treadmill instead. Before I knew it, the walk turned into a run, and I ended up walking .6 miles and then running 3.4 after that!

I feel so good! Someone remind me why I ever stopped running?! :happy: Now I just need to get up to the impressive distances that ya'll seem to handle with ease! What an inspiration this group is!

Way to go!:drinker:
  • kechiemc
    Options

:laugh: "2nd Mortgage" - Shannon you crack me up. Blisters are no joke. Go get yourself some new shoes. I too am dreading buying new shoes but my plantar fascitis (sp?) is starting to rear it's ugly head again. I had pf until I got my new shoes. Then it completely disappeared.

Take care
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    I, unfortunately, have to take a day off today. I have all the kids home and my husband announced to them that he had water park tickets for all of us today!! UGH!!! Sabatoge!!! So, guess where I will be hanging out today? I get to go the dentist this morning to have a cavity filled then come home grab all the kids and go to the water park, then race home by 5 PM to have my youngest at his baseball game by 6:00 PM. I just don't think I am going to have the energy to go for a run this evening around 8:00 PM.
    That means tomorrow morning will be a super long run before I have my sons friends come over. Yes, they each have 2 friends coming over...Thank God my daughter has to babysit or she would want the same thing!! WHEN DOES SCHOOL START BACK UP?!
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Good morning!

Working out after work tonight ... combo of xtrain and strength!!!

I'll be out of town w/o access to internet all weekend (starting tonight) so have a fabulous weekend everyone!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I, unfortunately, have to take a day off today. I have all the kids home and my husband announced to them that he had water park tickets for all of us today!! UGH!!! Sabatoge!!! So, guess where I will be hanging out today? I get to go the dentist this morning to have a cavity filled then come home grab all the kids and go to the water park, then race home by 5 PM to have my youngest at his baseball game by 6:00 PM. I just don't think I am going to have the energy to go for a run this evening around 8:00 PM.
    That means tomorrow morning will be a super long run before I have my sons friends come over. Yes, they each have 2 friends coming over...Thank God my daughter has to babysit or she would want the same thing!! WHEN DOES SCHOOL START BACK UP?!

Busy day, but sounds like fun. :smile:

Slender, you going anywhere fun for the weekend? :drinker:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Nice job today Mireille and Kechie. Kechie, it sounds like our workouts are somewhat similar. We do speed workouts one day a week, tempo workouts the second day, and a long run the third day each week. Then we fit in weight/core workouts and cross training on the other days. How do you like the speed workouts? My husband and I were just saying it's kind of fun and more interesting to have different types of workouts to do each time instead of the same old thing every day.

Today is weight training for me.

Have a beautiful day everybody.:happy:

Terry
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Good morning all!

Nice job today Mireille and Kechie. Kechie, it sounds like our workouts are somewhat similar. We do speed workouts one day a week, tempo workouts the second day, and a long run the third day each week. Then we fit in weight/core workouts and cross training on the other days. How do you like the speed workouts? My husband and I were just saying it's kind of fun and more interesting to have different types of workouts to do each time instead of the same old thing every day.

Terry

How's that new grandbaby of yours doing, Terry?? :love:
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options

Busy day, but sounds like fun. :smile:

Slender, you going anywhere fun for the weekend? :drinker:

South Carolina for a business conference. It will be fun but busy!!! I'm relying on the hotel gym to get me through. :)
  • skinnydreamer
    Options
    Running is great i am currently training for a half marathon, however I wish is wasn't so darn hot.
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Hey lovelies! Fortunately, it didn't rain this morning like it was supposed to so I got to enjoy my jog outside! It was a nice 74 degrees this morning with no sun and a light breeze. I ended up running 7.5 miles. Hope everyone has a marvelous day!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Hey lovelies! Fortunately, it didn't rain this morning like it was supposed to so I got to enjoy my jog outside! It was a nice 74 degrees this morning with no sun and a light breeze. I ended up running 7.5 miles. Hope everyone has a marvelous day!

Sends perfect {{happy sigh}} Nice going! :drinker:

SkinnyDreams - when's your 1/2?
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    morning...well late morning here...everyone!

I got out for a run this morning...only 3 miles but it felt good! those hills I run are killer....woosh!

on a good note because I did the turbo jam yesterday and was working all day and not lifting my son up all day in the pool and everything....I woke up w/ little back pain...yay!!! so I'm gonna try every other day running for awhile...if I can stay away...and doing the tae bo or turbo jam on the off days....and of course a day of rest...or two LMBO..we'll see!

anyway...working now, but wanted to chime in and say hey!!

I'll be back to comment later...i read a bit and you all are doing so great!
    a few quickies...
    lol Kechie...fat and sassy LMBO...try HAWT and SASSY girlie! :wink:

Shannon you deserve the rest sista...you're doing killer runs!

...oh and please take me w/ you to the water park!!!! sabotage nothing...you deserve a nice fun day! hugs everyone!
    Ali :drinker:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Good morning all!

Terry

Hi there Terry

I don't like the speed workouts. They bring out the hypochondriac in me. When I first started running, I always feared running hard would kill me at my age.:laugh: This year, I have learned to love the speed workouts for the results. I've seen a ton of improvement in my running since I started to do some speed workouts and tempo runs consistently.

Here is my schedule:
    Sunday Long Run
    Monday rest/xt
    Tuesday Easy Run
    Wednesday rest/xt
    Thursday Tempo Run OR Speedwork (I alternate these weekly)
    Friday Easy Run
    Saturday rest/xt

Have a good one!:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    lol Kechie...fat and sassy LMBO...try HAWT and SASSY girlie! :wink:

hugs everyone!
    Ali :drinker:

Thanks Ali!

In this heat, I always say "I'm SO HOT. But not in a good way.":laugh: