Fellow Canadians

carvan
carvan Posts: 377 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi peeps:

i just joined up, I am so excited, this site is so easy! A little about myself: I am a 52 year old mom of three grown (supposedly) boys. I have been at my current weight for 3 years, but because of maybe age or menopause, I can't seem to get lower. I even went to a nutritionist and she cautioned that I would maybe have a hard time, as I am muscular and considered to be at a healthy weight (138). I work out daily, doing either weight resistance or cardio (running or cycling), but the memory foam won't go away!

Just came back from vacation and put on 7 lbs but 4 are already gone, so hopefully the extra 3 will disappear. Have already started tracking my food input, a little nervouse as the calories are low for me as I do burn between 400-600 cals a day with exercise. But I am willing to give it a try. I do eat healthy, my only downfall is a glass or two of white wine, but even when I gave it up for 2 weeks, while doing a detox, I only lost about 3 lbs (people are supposed to lose 7-10 lbs per week.) So here goes another phase!BBcode:
(For forum signatures on most message boards)

76525.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter HTML:

Replies

• carvan
    Hi peeps:

i just joined up, I am so excited, this site is so easy! A little about myself: I am a 52 year old mom of three grown (supposedly) boys. I have been at my current weight for 3 years, but because of maybe age or menopause, I can't seem to get lower. I even went to a nutritionist and she cautioned that I would maybe have a hard time, as I am muscular and considered to be at a healthy weight (138). I work out daily, doing either weight resistance or cardio (running or cycling), but the memory foam won't go away!

Just came back from vacation and put on 7 lbs but 4 are already gone, so hopefully the extra 3 will disappear. Have already started tracking my food input, a little nervouse as the calories are low for me as I do burn between 400-600 cals a day with exercise. But I am willing to give it a try. I do eat healthy, my only downfall is a glass or two of white wine, but even when I gave it up for 2 weeks, while doing a detox, I only lost about 3 lbs (people are supposed to lose 7-10 lbs per week.) So here goes another phase!BBcode:
    (For forum signatures on most message boards)

76525.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter HTML:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    shout out from Vancouver Island!
  • king4ar
    king4ar Posts: 25
    Be careful! Most experts say to only lose 1-2 pounds a week!
    Be sure to log in the exercise that you do because you earn more calories to consume. Have fun with the site and good luck!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    toronto area here!

welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • carvan
    Oh wow, such quick replies. Thanx a lot!!
    I know i should only lose 1-2 lbs per week, and I am entering my workouts, so will just have to wait for results. I know, patience is a virtue, but not one of mine!
  • polargirl5
    polargirl5 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello from from Ontario, Canada!!!! I joined recently as well and am amazed at this site and how easy everything seems to be. Love it!!!!

TTFN
    xo
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    I just left Vancouver, BC to go to grad school. I've been gone two months and I miss it so badly already! So I'm going to pretend I'm still there by replying to this post! :laugh:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    I was born in London, Ontario. But I now live in Iowa. Still go back to visit all the time and must say I LOVE Canada!!!! Too bad I met and married my hubby here in the states and he won't move. :grumble:

~Kristin
  • carvan
    Lol"Kitty: where are you now?

Kistin: Iowa is land of the corn isn't it? If you love your hubby, it is all worth it, right?
  • kistinbee
    Ha Ha! Yeah...lots of corn! In fact, I work in a corn food and feed research lab! (Science geek here). And yes...I suppose the hubby is worth it! :wink:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Ha Ha! Yeah...lots of corn! In fact, I work in a corn food and feed research lab! (Science geek here). And yes...I suppose the hubby is worth it! :wink:

Ha! I'm from London too. I've been on the West coast for 5 years now but born and raised in crazy little UWO, Victoria Park, Ceeps, and Sunfest land.
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Lol"Kitty: where are you now?

I'm in France. My family's from there, so I'm used to it. I did really love Canada, though. I'm counting the days until I can go back!
  • busymoma
    busymoma Posts: 4 Member
    Hey just started a couple days ago. From the East Kootenays BC
  • carvan
    Hey there fellow canucks!

how's it going? Just getting ready to go for my run. Need to have my protein shake and ice my foot first. The ball of my foot is sore and swollen, the result of my shoes, so I have since bought new ones. Hope they solve the problem.

Down another 1/2 lb from vaca and on my way to getting to my goal weight. Can't figure out the ticker tape part, will have to work on it.

Kitty: Where in France are you? Such a beautiful country. Lucky because the rest of Europe is so accessible to you. I just got back from Israel and italy and I am still amazed how easy it is for Europeans to travel.

BusyMoma: Welcome. What are your goals?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Hi from Mississauga :flowerforyou: where I am currently visiting the in-laws.
  • kistinbee

My grandma, aunts, and uncles live in Mississauga! We visit them all the time! Love it!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Anyone from the Barrie, Ontario area?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member

My grandma, aunts, and uncles live in Mississauga! We visit them all the time! Love it!

Yes it is so great! Tons of stuff to do around here! I am originally from a small town near Ottawa, but my fiance and I currently work and live in a TINY community in Northern Manitoba. We are quite enjoying our time here for the summer before we have to get back to boredom! :laugh:
  • carvan
    LOL: Just realized that I started this thread and never mentionned where I am from! I hail from "La Belle Province", Montreal to be exact, political hotbed of Canada. I do live in an anglo section of town known as the West Island. Hope everyone is having a great day, it is Friday after all. Need to figure out what to have for lunch. Just got in from a run and I am icing my very sore foot, but need to feed the burn!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Bonjour...... Im from Ottawa :)

Jackie
This discussion has been closed.