Hello my Vain Friends

Options
Just curious - who here on MFP is trying to look good only because of their vain tendencies?
NOTHING WRONG WITH LIKING YOURSELF, WANTING TO BE ADMIRED AND STRIVING TO LOOK YOUR BEST :-)
Have the courage to admit? I salut you!

Replies

• UmbraForzare
    Options
    I don't think it's vanity to want to look good, feel good and be healthy.

Just my opinion.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Health longer life, and vitality are just the underpinnings of the altar to my god, Vanity.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Well, I want to be fast and able to lift heavy stuff, but I admit to wanting to look good in my skinny jeans.
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    I confess!
  • carlsonrobb
    carlsonrobb Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Ill fess up....I want to look better. Its not the whole reason I'm doing this, but I will confess it feels great to get the compliments!!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    thats me :laugh: and i want to be able :huh: to walk better
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    Guilty...
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    yea, total vanity weight loss for me ... :blushing:
  • CodyAnne
    CodyAnne Posts: 20
    Options
    Of course I want to be healthy and be able to do more things, and to cut back on my chances of disease but yes, I want to look amazing. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to love what you see in the mirror! I think that it is important though to recognize your beauty as you are, even if you don't like everything about what you see.
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    Thank you! Thank you! Thanks, I don't feel so lonely any more :-)
    You're all great :love:
  • LizGogol
    LizGogol Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Don't feel lonely!! The way I look right now is not bad but I wanna be smoking hot!! Especially I want to look good in my bikini this summer. I think whatever motivates you to be healthier is A-Ok!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    It's one of my main goals as well. I have been over weight my entire life until recently, so having a body the other body wants to look at versus look away would be a small boost to my non-existent ego.
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    Thanks Liz :-)
  • LazyMogg
    LazyMogg Posts: 162
    Options
    Just curious - who here on MFP is trying to look good only because of their vain tendencies?
    NOTHING WRONG WITH LIKING YOURSELF, WANTING TO BE ADMIRED AND STRIVING TO LOOK YOUR BEST :-)

You're looking at this wrong if you think people are doing this simply for vanity sake.

Ok, I have the courage to admit I'm doing it for the good of my health - does that make me vain in your eyes?
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Absolute vanity, its about being skinny and looking sexy for me. I confess!
    I tan, excercise, get my nails done, and get my hair done all in the same plaza in my town.
    But eating better and working out is better for you in the long run anyway, so at least I am improving myself for my health too.
  • BellySoonGone
    Options

You're looking at this wrong if you think people are doing this simply for vanity sake.

Ok, I have the courage to admit I'm doing it for the good of my health - does that make me vain in your eyes?

I never thought that people - as in all people, or people in general as you imply - "are doing this simply for vanity sake", I basically just asked "who is with me?" ;-) I admit, vanity - up there - on my reasons list.
    But whatever your reasons to get in shape are - by all means - go for it!
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    Absolute vanity, its about being skinny and looking sexy for me. I confess!
    I tan, excercise, get my nails done, and get my hair done all in the same plaza in my town.
    But eating better and working out is better for you in the long run anyway, so at least I am improving myself for my health too.

Right-on, that's how I see it too, you get the added benefits of a good diet and exercise and that's really good..
    I have to admit that I cut my nails myself though, but I am a guy - LOL.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I like to think of it as personal pride in my appearance...lol! I feel sexier and more confident when I'm slender & I like that feeling!
  • cab1204
    cab1204 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with you Sun... I like that feeling! It makes me see that I am worth it!!!
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    There is definately a big part of it thats vanity. But thats not my main motivation right now. I just desperately dont want to be in the overweight category. i want to be normal.