When people say "You don't need to lose that much."

2»

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    I am exactly the same, I am 5ft 5 and currently weigh 153, I would like to lose another 30lb and people seem gob smacked when I tell them this, It would put me just about right BMI wise and if I start to look too thin before obviously I would reconsider. I think may people dont really know what sort of weight is what and what makes a difference.
  • I think that's a major part of it -- people just aren't USED to it. They put you in the "fat girl" box so when you become a "thin girl", it confuses them ;)

YESSS!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    I'm also 5'5" and my goal is also 140...but I get the opposite people tell me I should aim for 123-130lbs....
    Dont listen to anyone else...Do You!!!!...when you get to 140 then you and only you will decide if its for you...:flowerforyou:

by the way as a teen I was120lbs and still didnt fit into a size 6 blame the booty LOL
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    I'm getting some of those comments, too, but try to take it as a compliment, since these people have seen me lose 30 pounds already and how I look SO different.... They've still got the "old me" in their heads. Oh, and also, they don't see me without my clothes on! ;o)
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    I think that's a major part of it -- people just aren't USED to it. They put you in the "fat girl" box so when you become a "thin girl", it confuses them ;)

My daughter just pointed out that at least she has far more space in her box now. :D
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    I'm getting some of those comments, too, but try to take it as a compliment, since these people have seen me lose 30 pounds already and how I look SO different.... They've still got the "old me" in their heads. Oh, and also, they don't see me without my clothes on! ;o)

Haha, I think you hit the nail on the head. Its a clothes thing, I look alright now IN CLOTHES. When the clothes are off though, crikey, I need some work lol
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    While I was losing weight at 10 lbs per month, I had a lot of people tell me I was "too skinny" "going to waste away to nothing", "haven't you lost enough?", etc... These people had one thing in common. They were ALL uncomfortable with their own body image or fitness level.

My doctor thinks I am doing great and so do i and all the supportive people in my life.
  • BLOCK IT OUT BLOCK IT OUT! LOL!

Don't give up until YOU'RE happy with your weight. At the end of the day it's you looking in the mirror back at yourself. Those are the same people that allow you to gain 20 pounds and say "No, you haven't gained weight, shut up, you look fine!" That's how I got this way, I got too comfortable with my friends. The scale and the image you have are the real deciding factors.
  • jesshasredhair
    jesshasredhair Posts: 46 Member
    Great support, all! Thanks.
    This is why MFP is quickly becoming my new bf :)
This discussion has been closed.