My progress since Dec 6th 2010

Options
frostiegurl
frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
Throughout my life, my weight has fluctuated quite a bit and I have no one to blame for that other than myself. At my heaviest I was nearly 280lbs and extremely unhappy. Pictures of me were few and far between as I dreaded having any images of me on record. I came across a picture of myself when I was in Russia back in 2004 and I cringe when looking at it and wonder how the hell I ever let myself get to that point.

I lost about 70lbs a couple of years after that and was fairly comfortable with where I was but wanted to lose about 20-30 more so I could continue on my path of being healthy. Sadly, I kept putting it off and putting it off, so much so that I ended up gaining over 50lbs in the process. On December 5th of 2010 I decided enough was enough and I needed to take control of my life and my health once and for all. So, on December 6th I began my journey by using some old WW materials a friend of mine had given me after they switched to the new Points Plus program. I used those books and logs religiously and then stumbled upon MFP about 2 weeks into my new life. After logging everything on MFP and counting points for WW, I finally set aside the WW stuff and forged ahead with logging all of my calories through MFP exclusively.

It's been slightly over 3 months since I took control of my life and I've lost 50.2 lbs so far. In the process I've gone from having stage 1 hypertension to being within a normal blood pressure range, I've lost 9 inches from my waist, 8 inches from my hips and I've lost my double chin. I'm not done yet, either. I'd like to lose another 30-35 lbs and then reevaluate my goals at that point.

So now for the moment you've all been weighting (get it) for.... pictures.

This is me in the Summer of 2004 and at my heaviest.

199189_10150103438230178_631335177_6769973_4409819_n.jpg

This is me and my tattoo artist shortly before I began my journey

180556_490903845177_631335177_6488657_6156286_n.jpg

This is me on our cruise in the middle of January at about 25lbs lost
166649_485238640177_631335177_6413487_5303501_n.jpg

And this is me today, holding up one of my "fat" skirts
183276_10150103426190178_631335177_6769854_55215_n.jpg

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    uve done really well, keep it up:smile:
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's hard to believe those pics are of the same person even - well done! you look absolutely amazing, and far happier.
  • DanaC43
    DanaC43 Posts: 6
    Options
    Look at you!!! You don't even look like the same person!! You look awesome!!! Way to go....keep it up!!
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Sweet! You look totally different, congrats!
  • frostiegurl
    Options
    Thank you so much.

Posting that first picture was one of the hardest things I've ever done. At the same time, I realize that it's important to haveat least one reminder of where I don't ever want to be again.
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! your progress is amazing, you should be super proud. :)
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!!! Great job! :bigsmile:
  • Amber_2005
    Amber_2005 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You should be very proud!
  • claudia7777
    claudia7777 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and know you must be proud of yourself. Even though I am much older then you, I can identify with the difficult of looking at photos of myself. You give me motivation to keep it up. Thank you.
  • spoiledwifenikki
    Options
    Those pics you put up gave me such inspiration. I am 237lbs I have been on mfp for a week now.I have never been this heavy and I had alot of doubts about if I could even loose the weight but you have laid alot of my doubt to rest thank you so very much BY the way you look amazing.
  • paulamantia
    Options
    You look amazing. Way to go!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    That's AMAZING! You look great (and happy!)
    What kind of exercise do you do?
  • frostiegurl
    Options
    If my success thus far can inspire even one person then that makes me happier than I can say. I remember when I first started this thing back in December and I would look at the success stories in constant admiration and amazement at the accomplishments of so many people.

As for exercise, I alternate several different things. Some days I do one of the Biggest Loser DVD's, some days I just go for a 3 mile walk, sometimes I do anywhere from 30-60 minutes of Just Dance 2... Really just depends on my frame of mind on that day.
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love it when people post their progress pics! You are amazing, inspirational, and motivational!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!! You should be sooooooooo proud!!!!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    You were so right....that WAS worth the "weight"!!! What a beautiful job you've done. You look so beautiful in your pictures!
  • frostiegurl
    Options
    All of your wonderful feedback is like the icing on the cake. Hmm, cake and icing ...okay, not my best analogy to date.

Thank you everyone for the kind comments. I look forward to posting my "after" results when I reach goal.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Fab-u-lous! You and your weight loss. :flowerforyou:
  • Arielnesika
    Arielnesika Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Look at you! These kind of progression pics just make me happy. Thank you for posting them!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!