Recovering Weight Watchers

Options
I tried weight watchers several times before finding MFP. I love MFP but I'm so used to watching calories and fat. MFP does not seem to emphasize the fat. How worried should I be about watching the fat grams in food?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    funny thing, because I'm previous WW, I never log raw vegetables... :-)

Welcome!!

Just log as and MFP-er... don't worry about fat right now, just worry about learning to log and getting the hang of eating workout calories.... inasmuch as you want to....
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I tried weight watchers several times before finding MFP. I love MFP but I'm so used to watching calories and fat. MFP does not seem to emphasize the fat. How worried should I be about watching the fat grams in food?

My trainer told me fat should be no more than 30% of total calories..I strive for 25-35 grams..good luck!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I log everything that goes in my mouth! And I just go on the 'sat fat' that MFP suggests at the moment. I've changed my calories, sodium, carbs and protein though...
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    There are good fats and bad fats. Good fats you can find in peanuts, eggs, olive oil, fish and other good foods for ya and bad unhealthy fats in a bunch of unhealthy foods. Your body needs good fats. They are good for your heart and can even help curb your hunger. But even healthy fats need to be taken in moderation. Try not to over do them but should also keep an eye on sugar and sodium. Keep up the good work ;)
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Low fat foods tend to also be low in calories, so if you're counting calories, you'll probably do okay on fat.

Our bodies do need fat, but probably not as much as we get.

I try to watch my sodium, fat, and sugar, but if you look at my diary, you'll see how much I fail at this. :)
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am liking counting my calories verses points and its free so I can stick with it for ever.
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    if you have the mobile app for android it actually breaks down your fat into poly, mono, trans (should be 0) and sat fat. Don't know why it doesn't do this on the website