SMELL BLEACH?!?!!? Ammonia???

Options
2»

Replies

• MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    After reading the articles in this thread try

1) increasing your water intake to stay hydrated and to help flush out your system.
    2) Increase your good (complex) carb intake, you don't want to be burning muscle.
    3) if all else fails throttle back on your workouts.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I must say that this thread is one of the reasons I love, love love this site. My brain just exploded with new information that I never would have learned anywhere else. And some of you are just tooo funny.
  • trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i just had the smelly ammonia smell thing happen to me on saturday and i wasnt sure if it was me or someone else
    when i got back from the gym i asked my boyfriend to tell me if i was stinky and if so .. of what
    he said kinda like ammonia...i was mortified

glad to see it happens to others
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    lmao smelly cat

ahahaha! smelly cat...
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    What you can smell is your body breaking down protein.

You're burning muscle not fat. Look at your training.

http://www.bodybuildingtoday.com/bodybuilding/that-ammonia-smell-after-training/
  • backinthenines
    Options
    Increase your carb intake. Basically, when you don't have enough glycogen (carbs) stored in the muscle and liver or enough carb intake to fuel the activity, then the body has to breakdown protein to convert it to carbs for fuel.

+1
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    This is very eyeopening for me, I experience this alot, I had chalked it up to the dandruff shampoo I use.
  • backinthenines
    Options
    This is one of the best written articles I know of on the subject.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=326
  • spiritualdancing
    Options
    I smell a bleach smell more than ammonia...I think the answer related to fat burning through the KREBs cycle makes the most sense. When I have this odor, I have used all my water up and have exercised very strenuously! The answer is more water intake and the smell goes away...then take in some fruit and vegetables to balance the body and then guess what....no smell! YAY!
  • spiritualdancing
    Options
    I smell a bleach smell more than ammonia...I think the answer related to fat burning through the KREBs cycle makes the most sense. When I have this odor, I have used all my water up and have exercised very strenuously! The answer is more water intake and the smell goes away...then take in some fruit and vegetables to balance the body and then guess what....no smell! YAY!
    :heart: Happy Valentines Day!!!