MFP Runner's Club July 11

Options
I did one hour of plyometric exercises this morning. It hurts so good!!:tongue:

I hope everyone has a great day and an even better workout!

JD

Replies

• jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    I did one hour of plyometric exercises this morning. It hurts so good!!:tongue:

I hope everyone has a great day and an even better workout!

JD
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running. Just another bootcamp class. Well in between our torture, I mean core exercises, we had to do sprints. Now my knee hurts!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Pouring rain here (again).
    I plan on getting on the elliptical or doing a DVD later after my daughter's doctor appointment. We find out today if her adenoids (not Altoids, thanks Tricia lol) are enlarged.

Wish us luck!

Mireille
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning :flowerforyou:

I ran 3 miles this morning in my new shorts. The same new shorts I am debating throwing in the trash after one wear. They weren't perfectly comfortable. I looked akward running and tugging at my inseam every 10 minutes!:grumble:

Enjoy your walks, rests, and runs today.

Take care of you knee Sherry!

Glad you're enjoying the torture...um - plyometrics JD!
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Good morning,

Pouring rain here (again).
    I plan on getting on the elliptical or doing a DVD later after my daughter's doctor appointment. We find out today if her adenoids (not Altoids, thanks Tricia lol) are enlarged.

Wish us luck!

Mireille

Good luck today Mireille!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I am going to come right back after I figure out my totals. I kicked serious Butt today and to start my morning I had a wonderful thing happen!!!:happy:
    When I did my pre run stretching and I bent over to touch my toes, I totally did it easily! :tongue:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    No runs today, but planning for a long one tomorrow morning. Temps are supposed to drop tomorrow so should be nice running weather! :drinker:

Mireille - good luck w/your daughters "altoids". :laugh:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    OK, I figured it out. I started with a quearter mile walk to warm up. Then I rean to the one mile mark (including the 1st quarter mile) and walked for about 5 houses then I ran the last 3.5 Miles without stopping!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :happy: :happy: :laugh: :laugh:
    I did all of that in 55 minutes!!!
    And before that I was touching my toes easily. This is a great Day!!!
    I hope you all have as wonderful day as I started mine out at and it isn't even 7AM yet!
    SM
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Kechiemc... Are those the shorts that look like a skirt? I have some of those but can't fit into them right now. Got them 40 pounds ago (thinner).
    SM
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Got in about 5.5 miles today. It was a great run. I have my race next week, so I'm starting to cut back a little before the big race!!!:bigsmile:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Kechiemc... Are those the shorts that look like a skirt? I have some of those but can't fit into them right now. Got them 40 pounds ago (thinner).
    SM

Great job on your run today!

Nah. They are pretty short shorts to me. Probably 5 inch inseam... :embarassed: Another reason I felt uncomfortable. I usually wear the girls basketball shorts that come all the way down to my knees. I have hips so I find the skorts make me look wider in that area.:grumble: I wish I had the courage to wear a skort though b/c they look so much cooler (temp wise) than shorts.

I overheard one of the women telling her husband that I looked "incredible".:blushing: I felt sorry for her husband b/c in my house "she's cute. isn't she?" is my way of saying "stop staring at her!":laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Got in about 5.5 miles today. It was a great run. I have my race next week, so I'm starting to cut back a little before the big race!!!:bigsmile:

How far is your race next week?
  • rdhsm
    rdhsm Posts: 16
    Options
    Good Morning.
    Did 3.38 miles today. It was a bit cooler and windy so that was nice. I felt this run a bit though... it has been a week since I ran last. I need to develop more of a routine and not just run on my days off from work. Will try better this coming week. Now I am off to do yard work!
    -S
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    We were just having a discussion yesterday with the girls at bootcamp about running in skorts. Apparently, according to running world (I think), it is the current trend. Running for me isn't pretty so I don't want to do it in a skirt.:laugh:
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Hellooooo!

I got out and ran 4.5 miles today and then went to a strength training class that whooped my butt..in a good way of course haha! Hope everyone enjoys their runs today!
  • meemi42
    meemi42 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OOPS! I just posted this in the MFP Fitness Challenge section, it was meant for this group:

I'm going to run on the treadmill after work today, it's just too hot and humid here to do it outside. I have discovered the drawback to joining the gym at the local community college-- the smell! Oh my word!! See it is in the basement of an older auditorium and it doesn't have air conditioning-- just three strategically placed industrial-type fans.

The stink in there after the football team works out is indescribable! Makes that whole argument about proper breathing technique fly right out the window. I'm breathing through my mouth so I don't puke.

Maybe since it's Friday the team will have worked out during the day and the funk will have dissipated.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    We were just having a discussion yesterday with the girls at bootcamp about running in skorts. Apparently, according to running world (I think), it is the current trend. Running for me isn't pretty so I don't want to do it in a skirt.:laugh:

I need that little bit of material for thigh separation. Running's painful enough without the inner-thigh rash. :noway:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Happy Friday!!!

Mireille - good luck with the 'altoids' today - let us know the outcome!!

Skorts - not ready yet for the tennis look - but I am keeping an open mind!

Rest day today - 6 miles tomorrow am in the gross heat and humidity - Shannon, I am so jealous of your temps!!

Great runs everyone!!! Did we ever get an answer on who is running races this weekend? so far we have two for next weekend - Angie (99k!)and Emily (5K)....anyone else...I think Ann said she was running in one too, think it was this weekend.

Shannon - decide on new shoes yet?
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

I need that little bit of material for thigh separation. Running's painful enough without the inner-thigh rash. :noway:

amen! lol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ahhhh...sigh...:ohwell:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    well today is my day off from work...so have not yet set out for my run....BUT I did finally break out my free weights and did upper body and lunges and squats....and now...I'm feeling it LOL....but it feels great!

you all are doing sooo great I'll be back soon...child just went back in pool!!! time for lifeguard duty:wink:

hugs!
    Ali