UK Northern Numpties vs Southern Softies Spring Challenge

Options
Hi All!

I'm starting a new challenge following the first North vs South UK biggest loser challenge which ended on Saturday, with a resounding victory for the Southern Softies :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

It will last from this week (starting weights will be on your normal weigh day between Sunday 13th March and Saturday 19th March) for 6 weeks, which will take us up to the end of April...just in time for the good weather :tongue:

If you want to join, post your starting weight in lbs on this thread on whatever your normal weighing day is this week, with your height, location and chosen team. If we do heights as well, we can celebrate people crossing important BMI targets.

If you have a strong emotional attachment to either the North or the South, your choice of team is easy. If you're not sure, have a look on google maps and see if you are north or south of a horizontal line through Watford Gap service station on the M1 (the postcode is NN6 7UZ).

Every weekend, I will publish the results table with everyone who has posted on the thread, and calculate which team has had the greatest percentage weightloss as well as giving individual awards. And this time, I'm going to keep a record of every pound lost for each team over the 6 weeks, so we can do an overall result at the end. Please think carefully, as it works much better if people stay the course for the whole 6 weeks. And this time, I'm going to do it so that you have to join in the first week, because it make the calculations much easier!

So let the contest begin. And Numpties, remember we have the honour of the North to uphold....We can't let those Southern Softies beat us again! (If you weren't involved, the score for the last 8 week challenge was Numpties 3, Softies 5)

Best of British!

Ros x

Replies

• Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Oh and btw, my weigh in day is Saturday, so I'll post my starting weight then. But I'm 1.69m high, live near Sheffield and I'm a Northern Numpty!

Ros x
  • willowglimmer
    Options
    Will give you weight sat I'm 5ft9 (don't do metric lol) live in derby and a NN!!
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    Sunday is my weigh day, weight yesterday was :ohwell: 275.5lbs and i'm 5ft8

I live in Nottingham, and come from way south, and now find myself with an identity crisis! :laugh:

ok i'm a NN!
  • Mark_99
    Mark_99 Posts: 39
    Options
    looks like we need a southern softy in this race to show how it is done lol, im from cambridge and i am 5ft 11in starting weight is 90.5kg (weigh in day yesterday)

Have fun peeps.

Take care train hard and live healthy :drinker:
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a new challenge following the first North vs South UK biggest loser challenge which ended on Saturday, with a resounding victory for the Southern Softies :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

WHOOP WHOOP!!! :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:

My weigh in day is Sunday morning.

Last Sunday (i.e. yesterday) I was spot on 143lb.

I'm 5'6" and my current BMI is 22.96 (down from BMI 26).
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    come on bring it on you numpties!!
    a southerner through and through me an my traaator!! lol

i'm 5 ft 8 in starting at 236lbs (16st 12),weigh day this morning!(and hopefully i'm off my plataux)! oops

post code sn25
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    hi everyone I wasnt in the last one - signed up too late, but am all in for joining this new challenge :)

Im 5ft 6 (think thats 1.64m) starting at 138lbs and Im a southern softy :)
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    One more for the Southern Softies - I'm 5'5 and will post a weight on Saturday
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'll join the Numpties! I live near Blackpool.

Starting weight = 188lbs, as of this morning. I'm 5' 5". My BMI is 31.29 (puts me at obese) but I need to lose around 7lbs to be overweight!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • bluehooked
    bluehooked Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    224lb today. Scotland here. Awe 5'8 , Northern
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I loved that last challenge :smile: Can I join in in a cheerleading capacity for the numpties please?

I'm concentrating on my fitness at the moment rather than my weightloss, but I'm still weighing.... However, I'm not expecting much in the way of weightloss!

Current weight is 148lbs, and I'm 5'5" :smile: In NI and I weigh (well pretty much every day, but officially) on Saturday!
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi all and thanks again to Rosy for organising the rest of us!! I'm Anne, 5'7 and weigh-in day is Thurs. As of last Thurs I was 175.6.

Not sure you'll want me on your team for the first week or so, as I'm heading away for a long w'end this Thurs to Budapest, and that's bound to be not great for weight loss. But I'll give it a go anyway.

And I'm in NI, so definite Northerner.
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Excellent news Ros!

I'm in for the NN's again. Home location - Liverpool.

Height - 5'6'' (sorry no idea on metric) and my weigh in was this am - I'm in at 183lbs.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'll put myself in this one. Only got 3.5 weeks until my trip away so that's only a small amount of the challenge. I'll monitor it though. Come on the Southern Softies.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi Ros, I'm in.again!.weighed in today at 243 ( weigh days are Monday) and I am a Southern softie (a Northern born & bred traitor LOL)
    Height 5' 3". Location Liskeard Cornwall.
  • James_H
    James_H Posts: 48
    Options
    Alright then, I'll join up for the Southern Softies (despite dropping out halfway through the last one!)

I'm 5'9" and currently at 169 lbs which puts me just on the boundary of 'normal' and 'overweight' but I want to lose at least another 9lbs, let's see how we go!

My weigh in day will be Friday.
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    Hi Ros, I'm in.again!.weighed in today at 243 ( weigh days are Monday) and I am a Southern softie (a Northern born & bred traitor LOL)
    Height 5' 3". Location Liskeard Cornwall.

I'm a southern bread northern numpty, so also a traitor :smile:
  • chrismisterx
    Options
    I would love to take part, live near newcastle so a numptie and I weigh in on a Tuesday.

My height is 5"9
  • lorijupiter3
    lorijupiter3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'd like to join! I'm Lori. I'm currently 180lbs and 5'9. I weigh in on Saturday/Sunday. I'm from Manchester so Northern team please! :)
  • vladikavkaz
    vladikavkaz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

back in for this one, and in pre-empting that there would be another challenge I've been fattening myself up over the last week...I have, but I've been piling the carbs in as I'm running in a race on Saturday. don't want the muscles to give way (though at the moment it may be the knees)

Weigh in is on Wednesday so will update then, but my starting height is 5'11. Hoping that I will stay the same but you never know...

Just wanted to say thanks for running the last one, Rosy.

I have a feeling, though, that the softies are going to walk it again...

Cheers
    Russell