Over 150 lbs to lose....

Options

Replies

• Dottie27
    Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me, too! I'm in the same boat. One thing we have going for us is this great site.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have 109 to loose.... lost 60 of that over and over... this time it's FOREVER!!!!
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Overall I have 182lbs to lose. I've lost 13lbs since I started MFP mid-january. I lost 110lbs about 4 years ago and then put it and 50 more pounds back on. This time will be the last time, I WILL do it! Feel free to friend me!!
  • malias
    malias Posts: 82
    Options
    Wow! It's so great to meet everyone! Thank you for joining this thread! You are all inspiring and motivating and I hope that through this thread, we can inspire and motivate each other! Again, I will post something every day. Even if it is just a hello. I hope you do too! Lets share our successes and "misses" and help to get each other where we all want to be...Healthy and Happy!

Well, I made it through my first Friday evening! Weekends are always the most difficult for me so getting through the first one successfully is going to be my first victory! I stayed under my allowances and even got a little exercise in! All I can say is, weigh in day (Monday) better bring a lower number! LOL! How about you?
  • acmcoc
    acmcoc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I really have done bad this week! I had such a headache yesterday I didn't even exercise! Oh well, todays another day. I'm going to exercise tonight for sure. Even if its not until midnight! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • chrystal86
    Options
    hi and welcome i also have alot of weight to lose to date i lost almost 14lbs since i started weight watchers. i dont go to the meetings or do the online thing i do it by eatting smaller portions and exercising alot. i also joined a gym i joined bally total fitness. in total i got 117 more to go to reach my goal. my mini is i want to lose 20lbs by my 25th birthday. feel free to add me.
  • 1aggie
    1aggie Posts: 7
    Options
    hi
    i know how you feel. istarted losing weight last August.at the time i weighed over 430lbs, but didn't know exactly how much as i didn't weigh myself. i now weigh 360lbs. as much as i want to be happy about how far i've come, i can't stop thinking about the fact that i still have just over 200lbs to lose, and whether i have enough motivation in me to keep going. for me it's about making lifestyle changes and sticking to them, but sometimes it feels like the journey i'm on is like bieng a hamster in a wheel-i kkep on going but i'm not getting to where i want to be.
    having said that i know that i will keep going because i'm in a better place than i was a year ago, and although it will take me aroung another two years i will get there as the way i will feel then will be ten times better than the way i feel now.
    just focus on one day at a time don't put things off because of your weight. you need to enjoy your life just as you are now. and celebrate your sucesses however small they may be, as it will get easier
    if you want to please add me
    x
  • malias
    Options
    acmcoc - hang in there! I hope you feel better today. Headaches suck! You are doing great.

1aggie - You've come a LONG way baby!!!!!! You are doing fabulous and your story is an inspiration! We CAN do this. Please focus on the future and put the past where it belongs....in the past!! Learn from it and KEEP GOING!!! You ARE awesome. Don't forget that.

chrystal86 - you too are doing GREAT! Glad to meet you and happy to be fighting the good fight with you!
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have 100 more to lose for the LAST time. I am sick of the "diet" roller coaster and I'm determined to be rid of it once and for all! My last big weight loss (80 lbs about 5 years ago) was due to lap band surgery - it had to be removed 5 months after I got it due to slippage. I gained back the 80 quickly and packed on an additional 60. :sad:

I've finally come to terms with the fact that I'm going to have to do this a little at a time and I'm ready now (whew...THAT took long enough).

Let's do this thing!

~Shanna
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Anyone is more than welcome to friend request me. I started wanting to lose 50 pounds. I lost 30 of that. Then gained it and 40 pounds back. I'm currently getting back of track I have lost 30 of the at least 105 I want to lose. So the more support the better!!!! This time I am determined to lose and KEEP it off!!!! :)
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    210 to lose here, add me iffin ya like.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Glad to see so many of us that can encourage and motivate each other. I have my weigh ins on fridays. This week I only lost 0.8 lbs but at least it is in the right direction. I hope next week to lose more. One thing that has really helped me is to just concentrate on the next 10 lbs at a time, because looking at the whole picture can be overwhelming or feel impossible.

Please share something that has worked for you.......
  • malias
    Options
    Glad to see so many of us that can encourage and motivate each other. I have my weigh ins on fridays. This week I only lost 0.8 lbs but at least it is in the right direction. I hope next week to lose more. One thing that has really helped me is to just concentrate on the next 10 lbs at a time, because looking at the whole picture can be overwhelming or feel impossible.

Please share something that has worked for you.......

Something that works for me, when I am having a craving is to just wait! My strategy is this: I am craving, say, potato chips (my favorite junk food). I make myself wait for 20 minutes and do something else for those 20 minutes (go for a walk, do housework, play the piano, anything except watch TV). If, when those 20 minutes are up, I still really want the potato chips, I have some, but just a few. Usually though, after 20 minutes, the craving is gone (especially if I have done something physical)! This works for me most times , but of course, nothing is 100% right?

I think themommie has asked a great question! Maybe we can get ideas from each other that will work for us. Please share!

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you are all having a successful weekend!
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Most of my cravings occur in the afternoon when I get home from work and I've noticed that exercising curbs my appetite so instead of waking up early to do my exercise, I do it right when I get home. My cravings are close to nonexistent now! Good luck figuring out what works for you!

Oh, another things that really helps me is keeping my sodium in check. I try to keep it under 1700 for the day.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have been up and down with my weight between 249 to 200. I don't think I can remember a time I was less than 199. That is my goal. I would like to be less than 199. I have found that my lifestyle creates alot of opportunity to cheat, but it also gives me alot of opportunity to be healthy. I just have to remember and have something to keep me on track. So I am glad they have an app for Android. I think that will really HELP alot with being able to actually "see" how I am doing. I am pretty sedentary, so I am hoping I can get there through strict diet, and walking.

I hope we all can motivate each other.

5849205.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • gharley
    gharley Posts: 12
    Options
    I needs to lose over 150 pounds too, and I am having so much trouble in doing so. I just recently was told by my doctor that I am borderline Diabetic and that I needs to do a 1800 calories diet. I went and saw a Diabetic Educator and she put me on a 1800 calories and 180 grams of carbs a day. The problem I am running into is that I am barely eating 1000 calories and I may be only doing about 80 grams of carbs. So any tips would be great!
  • susancelli928
    Options
    Welcome and hello, I dont have quite 100lbs to lose, but I am super close to that. I want to lose 95 lbs, already down 95 and its been a lil over a year.. I get so frustrated,but I realized its no one's fault but my own, and have decided to stop being that "woe is me" type girl and work harder and stop making excuses for myself. I found this site to be a graet help and as long as I am honest to myself and log everything that goes in to my mouth, then I can do it. Everyone needs support to do this and I found it here. Good Luck and keep the faith.
  • malias
    Options
    Good Monday morning all! How was everyone's weekend? I had my first weigh in this morning and lost 9 lbs!!! I know that a lot comes off the first week but I am extremely happy with that. The first week is always the toughest for me and I made it through. Woo Hoo! One week at a time..... :bigsmile:

I have come to realize that it isn't a specific number on the scale I am trying to acheive, but a feeling of well being. I want to FEEL healthy and energetic. That's when I'll know I've reached my goal. :glasses:

susancelli - I know it can be very frustrating! You have done amazing! 95 down? OMG! That is such an accomplishment! Keep your positive attitude. It is definitely what will help you acheive your ultimate goal...:flowerforyou:
  • MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    9 lbs in a week!? Wow! That's awesome. I gained this weekend....one splurge led to another. Ugh.
  • Dove1216
    Dove1216 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 pounds to lose..Today was my first day on here. I had the Lap Band and I had to have it removed & I have gained all my weight back. I am in a rut. This place certianly seems to be the place I need to be. You can add me as a friend. We can help eachother:flowerforyou: