Over 150 lbs to lose....

Options

Replies

• Punky85
    Punky85 Posts: 5
    Options
    Girl I'm here to lose 200!!! Lets do this *kitten*!!! lol =)
  • malias
    malias Posts: 82
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everybody! It's a dreary day here in T.O. weather-wise, but I am trying to keep a sunny outlook! How is everyone doing? Anybody have any issues, questions or successes they would like to share? Hope you all keep checking in daily and post as often as you would like! We are here to get and receive support and encouragement so don't be shy! Have a GREAT day all.
  • msmiriam
    msmiriam Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh man! I know the feeling! I have over 150 lbs to lose too! That's why I joined MFP--I need accountability. Feel free to add me!
  • BrownSuccess
    BrownSuccess Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I hear you. I have 140 pounds to lose. I just started MFP 3 days ago. I am wondering if anyone knows how to start a new group for all of us who have replied and need to lose (or have lost already) 100 pounds or more. It would be great to have a forum for us to all chat and encourage each other.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone.
    My daughters have gymnastics on tuesdays and behind their gymnastics studio is a big track so every tuesday while they are doing their stretches I go and walk the track then come in and watch them do their gymnastics. Today I walked around it 6xs so that is 1 1/2 miles. I started out only doing 3 and every 3 or 4 weeks I try to up it. What did everyone else do exercise wise today?
  • malias
    Options
    Hi there,
    I hear you. I have 140 pounds to lose. I just started MFP 3 days ago. I am wondering if anyone knows how to start a new group for all of us who have replied and need to lose (or have lost already) 100 pounds or more. It would be great to have a forum for us to all chat and encourage each other.

Why not use this thread? We all have over 100 lbs to lose and we support and encourage each other! Please feel free to post here!
  • malias
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone.
    My daughters have gymnastics on tuesdays and behind their gymnastics studio is a big track so every tuesday while they are doing their stretches I go and walk the track then come in and watch them do their gymnastics. Today I walked around it 6xs so that is 1 1/2 miles. I started out only doing 3 and every 3 or 4 weeks I try to up it. What did everyone else do exercise wise today?

Hi there! Tuesday, I went for a walk for 30 minutes, (a feat for me!). Then I went to the mall and bought some workout DVD's I can do at home. A wallking one, a dancing one and Richard Simmons (he has helped me before!) I hope to put them to good use!
  • UncensoredMomma
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been on here about 2 months now. Starting to use it more and more every day. Basically my story is I've always been pretty big for my age. Then I had my first child at 16. Gained 100lbs. Lost most of it for gallbladder issues, had that removed, gained weight again. But not all of it. Then I moved to Mexico for about 6 months when my fiancé/baby daddy was deported. Lost weight there because we didn't have money for real food. Just eggs, beans, tortillas, salsa... Everything from our own land... lol Then when the abuse got worse, I came home with my baby, and gained weight back... Allot of years running the streets, stress, unhealthy situations, and about 4 years later, I had baby #2. Gained about 100 again... I didn't lose much of this weight, maybe half... More running streets etc, maybe about 2 years’ worth........ Then I pulled my head outa you-know-where and found my soul mate (who rescued me btw) and eventually had baby #3 a little over 3 years from the last. This weight STAYED. Boo. Lol Then the SUPRISE pregnancy happened 7 months later! It was TWINS! Woo-hoo! Lol Well, I don't remember how much I'd gained between those last 2, but it was enough to give me nerve damage. I'd gotten sooooo big, then a sedentary life recently because of a move/downgrade to a 2nd floor crappy apartment in some semi-ghetto area made me get up to 389. I finally got tired of whining, and slowly but surely took my life into my own hands. It's been a fight I tell ya! It almost feels as tho there are unforeseen forces that want to knock me down EVERY time I get back up... As people say, "at some point you WILL hit a "wall"".... Yeah, I've hit like 20! WTH! Lol NO FAIR I SAY! lol Yeah, my 1 year anniversary with my local Curves Gym (who I love almost more than my first born...jp) I've slowly lost 39 lbs as of today.... Hoping to make 50 by my 1 year... Maybe I'll get close... I've just recently really started looking at my food etc. That's an ongoing process. Especially to incorporate it into family life, because as most moms know, making your own meal don't usually fly. Kids try to take it away bc it looks better, or there's just NO time... No money even... That's been our biggest hassle... Having 4 of my kids living with us, we've been REALLY struggling with this economy, job loss, the welfare system etc. Really, how does one feed 6 people healthy food on $400 per month??? That breaks down to $0.74 cents per meal, per person. Ouch. No bueno. Lol Anyway, I aint here to whine. I'm just here to tell my story, because I will make it. I want to get down to 175 from 389. I've lost 39 lbs and 37 inches so far. NICE TO MEET YOU! Lol
  • acmcoc
    acmcoc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ugggggggg.........I have heard stories from others saying ea active workouts were getting rough. Well, let me tell you something......today was day 5 from the 9 week challenge and I think I had to run more today then I ever have. I'm sorry but some of us don't or can't run. But I will stick with it even knowing I will not be able to walk tomorrow. I'm not even discussing the squats I had to do! LOL!
  • malias
    Options
    ugggggggg.........I have heard stories from others saying ea active workouts were getting rough. Well, let me tell you something......today was day 5 from the 9 week challenge and I think I had to run more today then I ever have. I'm sorry but some of us don't or can't run. But I will stick with it even knowing I will not be able to walk tomorrow. I'm not even discussing the squats I had to do! LOL!

acmcoc -What are ea active workouts?

jigamomma - welcome to our thread. I hope we can help each other along the way.......
  • tashalennon
    tashalennon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well Hello :) I am 27, 288 pounds and fine as ever i love who i have become and who i will become and who i am today :) But there is always a but lol I have been (PHAT) Pretty Hot And Thick all my life and i liked to blame it on my Club feet why im so big but what i realize now is that Hello i need to lose my weight to have my feet feel better :) And I have finnaly begain my path to weight loss. May 2010 since then to now i have lost 60 pounds yay for me and i do have a Gastric Bypass surgery booked for March 2013 so im hoping that by that time i will be down to my goal weight with help encouragement and motivation from everyone i can now.........so i wont have to go in for this scary surgery I know my Angels are watchin over me and encouraging me to succed and one more thing i Realy want to have a baby with my loving, awsome husband and have been trying for over a year now with no luck ;( so i hope this weight will be off so we can have our babys.....Any who God Bless and this is me Tasha Lennon :)
  • tashalennon
    tashalennon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well Hello :) I am 27, 288 pounds and fine as ever i love who i have become and who i will become and who i am today :) But there is always a but lol I have been (PHAT) Pretty Hot And Thick all my life and i liked to blame it on my Club feet why im so big but what i realize now is that Hello i need to lose my weight to have my feet feel better :) And I have finnaly begain my path to weight loss. May 2010 since then to now i have lost 60 pounds yay for me and i do have a Gastric Bypass surgery booked for March 2013 so im hoping that by that time i will be down to my goal weight with help encouragement and motivation from everyone i can now.........so i wont have to go in for this scary surgery I know my Angels are watchin over me and encouraging me to succed and one more thing i Realy want to have a baby with my loving, awsome husband and have been trying for over a year now with no luck ;( so i hope this weight will be off so we can have our babys.....Any who God Bless and this is me Tasha Lennon :):happy:
  • acmcoc
    Options
    @malias

EA active is a video game for the xbox 360. It's a mix of exercise. Seems like a lot of lower body stuff lately but you can do full body exercises if you do the custom ones. It has lots of cardio stuff too. Fun fun!!:happy: Today I got to box and play dodgeball. Lots of squats but no running!! YAY!
  • JumpThenFall
    Options
    Oh I can so relate. I lost 105lbs about 12 yrs ago and kept it off for about 4 yrs and then got fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and hypothyroid. I gained alot of weight due to the meds and lack of exercise. I kind of gave up and started comfort eating. Well over the last 8 yrs I have gained it all back + a little more. So I started back on the weight loss journey in July and have lost 61 lbs, I have 39 more to lose until I reach 100 then I will evaluate where I am and see if I want to try to lose more. I would love to join you in supporting and motivating each other. We did it before , we can do it again this time for keeps
    That amount of weight loss is amazing! How did you manage to lose that much so quickly?
  • malias
    Options
    Hello everyone and Happy Thursday!
    Well, I tried my first DVD today...it was the Leslie Sandsone walking DVD. I am so much more OUT of shape than I even thought. I had to sit down every 5 minutes for a minute due to pain in my hips. I managed to get through the 1 mile walk though. I CANNOT believe that I have become so obese and unfit that I can't even walk for 1 mile without pain. I am disgusted at myself. I only hope that this realization helps motivate me to keep going. Please wish me luck. Have a great day all......
  • acmcoc
    Options
    :happy: I felt the same way when I started to exercise. But a week later I feel better about it. I can actually do some of the stuff I couldn't the first day. So I'm sure everything will work out for you! Wishing you lots of luck!!
  • themommie
    Options
    At least you got through the first mile. Keep doing it, if you have to stop to rest that is ok.Just dont give up and you will see that over time you will be able to do more. You are off to a great start. Keep up the good work
  • themommie
    Options
    Oh I can so relate. I lost 105lbs about 12 yrs ago and kept it off for about 4 yrs and then got fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and hypothyroid. I gained alot of weight due to the meds and lack of exercise. I kind of gave up and started comfort eating. Well over the last 8 yrs I have gained it all back + a little more. So I started back on the weight loss journey in July and have lost 61 lbs, I have 39 more to lose until I reach 100 then I will evaluate where I am and see if I want to try to lose more. I would love to join you in supporting and motivating each other. We did it before , we can do it again this time for keeps
    That amount of weight loss is amazing! How did you manage to lose that much so quickly?

No magic formula just tracking my calories and exercise on mfp. I eat 1200 cals a day, drink TONS of water, get in exercise mostly walking or bike riding, wii or leslie sansone dvds for 30-90 mins 6xs a week. The most important thing is not stick with it and dont give up. I love this site. If it wasnt for this site I would not have lost this weight and would still be so sick that I was in bed several days a week. this has really helped me to get part of my life back. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and hypothyroid.Thanks to all of you that have encouraged me
  • keljo05
    keljo05 Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi! Can I join you lovely ladies?

I started using MFP about 2 weeks ago, and then started reading some posts here and there. I feel like I get lost in the topics.. or I'm a natural born thread killer, lol.

I'm also looking for support and friends to keep me succesfully on my journey.

As of last August I weighed 307lbs. Then we moved to a new home where the kitchen wasn't a room you walked thru to get to every room.. which lead to snacking. I started to lose and decided to slowly continue it with smarter food choices. I even started making bento type meals and that's been so much fun. My husband had a massive heart attack in mid november and that changed my focus a bit but I still continued to lose a bit here and there.

My final push to get on the right track was getting over my severe self confidence and insecurities and joined a gym. I love it! I either go by myself or with my best friend and I feel great which keeps me going. I'm also seeing a personal trainer every 2-3weeks and am hoping to get a good, strong fitness plan thru that.

I'm pleased to say that as of this morning I have lost a total of 40lbs since August!!

I'm coming up on a challenge though as I always derail myself and never get over a 47lb loss... except for this time! I am determined to keep going. I've completely changed my mind set and while I set mini goals, I don't always achieve them... However the scale keeps going down so that is more important. I have another 117lbs to go to the weight I've always aimed for. I may go lower.. I may stay there... but it doesn't matter as long as I keep working towards that goal!

:)
  • acmcoc
    Options
    Of course you can join us! Everyone here is great! Welcome! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou: