uncondtional support here, not from my narcasistic family

Options

Replies

• Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. There are a few members in my family who are quick to critizise. Isn't it funny how an un-healthy person said that to you? They are probably mad at themself for not comitting to a lifestyle change and feel better when they ridicule you. Keep on doing what your doing because it's paying off. wow 121 lbs lost. That is great and I bet you feel great. That in itself is the reward.
    One day he'll see the light and ask you for advise. And I honestly don't think that you've lost your life span from unhealthy habits before. Look at what your doing! I think you've added years on to your life be being healthy and having a positive prespective. Good for you.
    Cheers and hope all goes well. Your doing really well already.
    :drinker:
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    awesome job what determination you have great job
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Sometimes family can be the hardest people to deal with! I know mine are. Congratulations from all the awesome work!! Keep it up! =)
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    great job for losing the weight! It sucks that people can't just encourage you to enjoy the rewards of all your hard work.

like my mum always taught me "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job. Don't let anyone take that away from you. You just have to know these people have problems that you don't. You never would have accomplished all that you have if you had any of that poisoned attitude in you. Just keep going and be the best you can be. We're here for you!!!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    LET YOUR HATERS BE YOUR MOTIVATORS!!!!

Congrats on the huge weight loss! I am proud of you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Even if your family isn't proud of you WE all are!
  • mowrynation
    Options
    Lloyd

Congratulations on your journey so far! You are inspiring for sure!

Sounds like you have a Great Head on your shoulders and it is sad that your family can't be happy for you, but We are !
    I am fairly new, but I know that by staying connected to this community, I will reach my goals too!

All the Best!
    Gail
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Family can definitely be horrible! Congratulations to you! You have achieved quite an accomplishment!!! I am glad to hear people on MFP were there for you. I am new to the site but am loving it and the people I have found with the same goals as me! It definitely helps!!!!!!!
    Congratulations to you!!
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Lloyd,

You know I love you.

I'm sorry that you had to go through that ... but I consider their loss our gain.

You are one of the most consistent, determined and supportive people I know.

You are a true inspiration and I wish you nothing but health and happiness.

You're a hero!
  • mrjason
    mrjason Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    F that dude. You're better than that and you know it. We all have issues and it sounds like your brother enjoys getting a reaction from you. Don't give in, living right is the revenge. You're a role model to so many people on this website. It's not quite as tangible as you may want it to be, but its true nonetheless. Here I am, a total stranger, but I look to you in awe. I've added so much fiber to my diet, I can't poop with giving you a thought. Haha. Point is that you can motivate me and others. Your self worthy should be dictated by your actions and not a relative with mental illness. Rise above and know you are definitely appreciated.
  • patti626
    patti626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    congratulations man...that is awesome! You are amazing and your brother is way rude and excuse me an idiot!! I got one or two of them also, sucks!
  • slapshotgolf
    slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Lloyd, sounds like your brother may have some issues of his own he is having trouble dealing with. People often define themselves by how they see themselves against others. As so long as you were less healthy than him, he probably felt he didn't have to address his own issues, and now you've gone and forced the issue back on him by taking care if yourself, so it's hard for him to feel positive for you. Your success has forced him to face his own challenges, and he may not be ready yet. I'm sure if he had kicked his smoking habit while you were losing your weight, the conversation may have gone differently.

While it's nice to be complimented for our successes, we do this for ourselves first and foremost. You've been very supportive to a lot of people on this site, myself included, so take pleasure in the part you have played in helping others who were ready to be helped. It's a valuable dividend in this journey. ssg
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    Actually hearing that someone could be so rude and hurtful...and arrogant....makes me wish I could have been there to say something. I am so absolutely angry for you right now. I am so sorry...but heck with their ridiculousness!! You have achieved something incredible and without them all. God Bless you! Thank you for sharing your inspiration and strength (gee, I am still mad)............Good luck with the home stretch" You are almost there:) CONGRATS TO YOU!!
  • watchmelose2
    watchmelose2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I congratulate you for a job well done! You have came a long way! I quit smoking two years ago and gained weight! Im now trying to get it off for the second time! I'm sorry your brother is treating you that way! He will pay for it someday! God loves you! And good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Dude, it's a sad bit of truth. But you know what you have done and no one can take it away. MY suggestion...get a new brother, screw him.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    My ex was diagnosed with NPD when we had to go through court ordered psych evals during a custody battle. That explained a LOT about his behavior that led to the divorce in the first place. They can be extremely hurtful people but they tend to be incapable of recognizing that. You've done an amazing job with yourself. Just focus on you - you're the only one you can change after all.

Good luck with everything!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have a whole bunch like that in my family! I just quit talking to them. It took me years, but I feel so much better now! One thing this sort of family does to you is make you more determined. You find supportive people and learn to drive away from people that don't have your best interest in mind. It makes a huge difference in freeing up your huge resources. I know you have them, look at what you accomplished! You are actually stronger than them! They will never know or admit it, just go in a different direction. Because you can't do anything about them, but you can do whats good for you!
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Dealing with a family member w/NPD is like banging your head against the wall. ALL. DAY. LONG.

so, sorry you had to deal with that and not get the support and kudos you so obviously deserve.

You know what....your MFP family is glad to give you support. you have done fantastic....your family here is incredibly proud of you!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we have to keep people who are close to us far away. I think that he's jealous of you along with being mental. The better you look will only make him look worse and he doesn't like it. Don't let him or anyone else get you down. You have to be super strong to have made this accomplishment....there's nothing weak about you and we all look up to you...if you can't find support from 'kinfolk' you've got the MFP family, and that's what counts. Keep reaching your goals...we all know you can do it!!:drinker: