inexpensive protein shake????

Options
2»

Replies

• cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress and they have a deal online (walmart.com) where you choose three flavors (2lbs each) for $35 and they have five flavors to choose from. Or in walmart they have them for around $14 each. Getting three at one time is a great deal, but he might want to try them out first in case he doesn't like them, obviously. (If someone else has already said this- sorry, I didn't read all of the responses)
  • estorve
    estorve Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I make my own with milk or almond milk, half a cup of greek yogurt, frozen berries or a banana, and a couple scoops of whey protein powder that I just buy in the bulk bin at the health food store.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Milk is great with some ice, a little dark cocoa powder and a sweetener or two. Cheap, always in the cupboard and simple. There' s a reason so many college football teams refuel with chocolate milk -- it has the essential refueling components: protein (from the milk), a touch of fat (the fat in 2% milk they use) and some carbs (chocolate syrup).

:) Plus it's yummy.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    very interesting!!! maybe he's got me thinking about all of this too i mean does it differ for a woman versus a man? i'm sure it does at least on some level right?

and making it yourself that's extremely interesting...
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    NATURAL? Its a powder in a plastic container.

Good point! :laugh:

I believe the ones that call themselves "natural" use stevia or actual sugar instead of artificial sweeteners. This is a valid point as many people like to avoid artificial sweeteners altogether.

Everybody should be reading the ingredients labels on these things and make an informed decision
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump