The Ultimate Measurement Challenge

Ding724
Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
Did the the word ultimate grab your attention? You must be a competitive person! :laugh:

So, I was searching through the forums for a group that is focused on losing inches but didn't see any, so I thought perhaps I'd start one!!! :happy:

Personally, I need to find a way to steer clear of the scale for awhile as it is always bouncing up & down now that I am near my goal weight but this group would be for anyone that wants to join whether you are just starting, somewhere in the middle or almost through!!! I want to get toned & fit while fitting into smaller jeans this summer & wearing my swimsuit proudly at the beach...because honestly, who doesn't?

If you'd like to join this challenge where the focus is on losing inches then let's get started!! I will update my measurements every 2 weeks on Sunday but people are free to update whenever you chose! This will just be a place to talk, vent, share, etc about your life & journey to a healthier you :happy: At the end of each month (Through June or possibly July), I'll post the total number of inches we've lost as a group...So, just post your current measurements & we can work our way slim over the next several months until we reach our goals!

Just post your stats like this:

Name
Height:
Arms:
Chest:
Waist:
Hips:
Thighs:

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Ding724
    Name: Mandie
    Height: 5'9 1/4"
    Arms: 11
    Chest: 35
    Waist: 29.5
    Hips: 39
    Thighs: 24
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    I'm in Mandie, but I'll add my info tomorrow morning :) thanks for starting this! :heart:
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    I am def interested, but will have to post measurements tomorrow......

I can start it....

Name: Candice
    Height: 5'4 (but I wear at least 4in heels daily!)

I will update the rest tomorrow!! :flowerforyou:
  • dancinblonde0099
    dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
    I have never measured myself but I would like to starts. I will measure myself tonight or tomorrow. I'm excited :)
    Name: Barbara
    Height: 5'7
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    name: amber

height: 5'7

arms: 13

chest: 42

waist: 40.5

hips: 43

thigh: 24
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Name: Jovia
    Height: 5' 3"
    Arms: 12.5
    Chest: 37.5
    Waist: 31
    Hips: 42
    Thighs: 22

and just because Im tracking these
    Calves: 15.5
    Upper Thighs: 26.5

I measure my thighs about midway up and at the top of em because theres such a difference, and because I noticed as I was working out that the tops were the part that LOOKED different, so I figured I should start tracking it.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    HI Mandie

Name Ruth
    Height 5'5
    Arm: 12.5
    Chest:39
    Waist: 34
    hips: 40
    Thigh 20
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Name: Raina
    Height: 5'4"
    Arms: 16in
    Chest: 43in
    Waist: 37in
    Hips: 44.5in
    Thighs: 28in

YIKES!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Name: Brittany
    Height: 5'7"
    Arms: 11.5
    Chest: 41
    Waist: 44
    Hips: 43.5
    Thighs: 26 and 25.5

I really like this idea. I love when the inches decrease :)
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    I'm in! Since I give up my scale for Lent this is the only thing I have now! :cry: :bigsmile: :cry:

Name: Kelly
    Height: 5'7"
    Waist 38.0
    Hips 43.0
    Thighs 24.75
    Arms 12.0
    Calves 16.75
    bust 42.0
  • Ding724
    Wow! I'm glad that you have all responded! So far there are 10 of us including myself...that's a great number but of course more are welcome!!! I'm very glad to see some current friends & look forward to getting to know the rest of you :happy:
  • jentoomey1
    jentoomey1 Posts: 34 Member
    Make that 11... I am in too! I just measured myself today so I didn't have to just be looking at scale...plus this is what really matters!!

Name: Jen
    Height: 5'3"
    Arms:12.0
    Chest: 37.0
    Waist: 33
    Hips:37.0
    Thighs: 21
  • Oh I'm so in Mandie! I, too, gave up the scale for lent and I'm jonesin for SOMETHING to measure! :laugh: I'll measure in the morning and post them :bigsmile: . Thanks for staring this and possibly saving my life :drinker:
  • Ding724
    Where do you all measure your chest/bust? I think mine is wrong...I have been measuring across the chest right under my armpits...

Also, I made a spread sheet this morning with all the information that I've gotten thus far! Keep those measurements comin' in Amy, Barbara, Candine & Marnie :wink:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I go around the biggest part of my chest/bust
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    i always measure my chest around the biggest part . since i do my measurements all on my own i do the best i can but im not positive everything is right but i do see the inches move so maybe im doin good
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    as long as your meaure in the same spot everytime, you'll be fine :) like I don't measure my waist as the narrowest part because the area around my belly button is more important to me. just be consistent!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    I measure a few extra places so I'm listing them all...

Name: Bru
    Height: 5ft4.5in
    Neck: 14
    Upper Arms: 14L 13.75R
    Chest: 34 ( I measure under where my HRM strap goes)
    Waist: 35.5
    Belly Button: 43.5
    Belly Pooch: 48
    Hips: 44
    Thighs: 26.5
    Calves: 16L 16R
  • Here ya go Mandie :smile:

Name: Marnie
    Height: 5'8"
    Neck: 12.75"
    Bust: 36.5"
    Upper Arm: 10.5"
    Thigh: 21.5"
    Waist: 31.5"
    Hips: 39.5"
  • Ding724
    ATTENTION:
    Because I am a curious cat, is it okay if I use the Army Body Fat website to determine everyone's body fat percentage? I am just so curious because of all of our measurements & height variances & body shapes. It could be kind of fun to see who loses the most body fat too throughout the months...let me know what you think please :happy:
This discussion has been closed.