64 lbs lost pics

Options
Matthew 19:26 – Jesus said to them; “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

I started my weight loss journey in September. I was inspired by my Mom who completed Ultimate Weight Loss Revolution at the YMCA. She was successful in her journey as well. My mother’s success and my own disappointment with how I looked and how clothes fit led me to finally take that step to do something about it and change my life, forever. I had gradually gained weight through the years after giving birth to my 4 children. I was aware that I had let myself go and that I just wasn’t happy with how I looked. I had gained enough weight that I no longer had anything to wear. I tried to buy some new clothes that would look good on me, but nothing looked good on me. It was actually some photos that were taken that really opened my eyes to how unfit and unhealthy I had really become. It was emotional for me to see how overweight I was and imagine how I looked to other people. When I started the ultimate weight loss revolution I was at my highest weight of 206 lbs. I was so overwhelmed with what I had become it brought me to tears. My husband was very supportive and told me from the very beginning that I could do it and to not get discouraged with myself and to not quit. That first night after class I was physically exhausted, but excited that I was on my way to a healthy new life. Throughout this journey there were many times where I “stumbled” and maybe didn’t eat the way I should have or exercise as hard as I could have but those choices didn’t erase the progress I had already made. Through the support of other participants and family I picked myself up and continued to push forward.
I had decided when I started that I wasn’t going to use some crazy diet to do this. If I was going to get healthy and lose all this weight I wanted to do it right. I wanted to train myself to exercise daily and choose to eat meals and snacks that were delicious yet healthy. I knew I wouldn’t be able to stay on a plan for the rest of my life. Popular diet plans can get you where you need to go if you follow them but how long will you be able to eat specialized meals, limit your carbohydrate intake or eat cabbage soup? This had to be a change that I could follow forever.
Ultimate Weight Loss at the YMCA required that I log my meals and snacks daily so I would be aware of what I was eating. If I could stress one thing, logging what you eat is a fantastic way to make you more aware of how much and what you are actually eating. Log your daily meals and snacks with quantities and the caloric/fat value if you know it will reveal the bad choices you are making very quickly. Support from the other participants and my husband was very important. Without these cheerleaders to keep me motivated during times when my results were not visible was very important. Reducing but not eliminating my cravings for certain foods. Many times I craved pizza and rather than avoiding it I trained myself to not overindulge and to eat a salad or fruit to help fill myself up before eating something that wasn’t healthy. If I went out to eat I would order carefully and be aware of my portion and how much I could eat. It was always a victory to go out to eat and make good conscious decisions and still see a weight loss at the next weigh in. It cemented the fact that I could still give in to my cravings on occasion and maintain my healthy choices and lifestyle.
The impact that this has made in my life is immeasurable. On Thanksgiving morning I ran the Turkey Run at the YMCA. I’ve never done anything like that. Even when I was younger and in better shape I would never have done something like that. I finished it! I accomplished something! It was a huge milestone in my journey. It set me free! Losing so much weight required me to go out and buy new clothes. This was so much fun to wear something and feel comfortable and know that I looked good. I tried on so many things. It was so fun to have so many choices. I feel so good about myself now. I’m so much more confident now then I have ever been at any point in my life. Doing this has empowered me. In addition to how I feel and how proud I am of myself my success has inspired so many around me. Several people have told me that my success has prompted them to start living healthier and eating right. It feels good to know that I can be an inspiration to others and it also holds me accountable to know that others are looking to me as an example.
After finishing the Ultimate Weight Loss Revolution on 12/15/09 my final weigh in and measurements revealed a new me. I had lost 37.4lbs an 18% loss of body weight and 18.25 total inches.
Since my last weigh in I have continued to push ahead toward my final goal and have lost a total of 53.2 lbs since I started my journey. I only have a short way to go till I reach my final goal but my journey won’t stop there. This has changed my life and my family’s life. We are eating healthy as a family and doing this together. I have inspired my husband and daughter to get in shape too. We are all participating in the Ultimate Weight Loss Revolution this time and we have committed to each other to never turn back.

Before 9/2009
Patrece9-9-09.jpg

After I completed the ultimate weight loss revolution 12/15/09
IMG_2585.jpg

Present 2/2011
pc.jpg

Replies

• Vegas47
    Vegas47 Posts: 31
    Options
    you look amazing!!!! Congrats!
  • GinaSz3
    GinaSz3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Great Job!!!!!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great, its good to see pics of poeple who have acheived. Gives me hope.
  • JessicaBuff
    JessicaBuff Posts: 233
    Options
    great job!! very inspiring!
  • skinnyslacks7
    Options
    Such an inspiration, you look amazing!
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wow Wow Wow! What an awesome inspiration!
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    WOW...U look marvelous....
  • Maidei
    Maidei Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely stunning! This is a really inspiring and motivating story! Thank you so much for sharing and keep up the amazing work! I was starting to slack off in my weight loss journey and making little excuses not to exercises or eat right. But seeing someone who has been successful and controlling those urges and coming out on top really give me that extra push for lose those last 25lbs I'm holding on to. Great work!
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Just WOW!!!
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You look so beautiful, and 10 years younger! congrats :)
  • You look amazing! Great job! :)
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing journey. You look spectacular.
  • rebrafe
    rebrafe Posts: 64
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - you look great and seem SO happy and at peace with yourself.
  • Ckonner
    Ckonner Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Thank you for sharing your journey with us!
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • marlenv87
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Keep up the good work!!!
  • jasha13
    jasha13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Girl you better work it!!!
    You look fabulous, this is inspiring.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself.....I am! Congratulations, thanks for the inspiration, and YOU GO GIRL!!!!:wink:
  • char71165
    char71165 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look so healthy and happy! Good for you!!!
  • grenier317
    Options
    you look amazing! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!