C25K (Couch to 5 K) ~ Week 3

Options
13»

Replies

• Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    From week 1, when I didn't think I could run/jog for more than 5 seconds, I'm now on week 6 and I DID run/jog for 20 mins!!!!!!! It can be done!!!!!

LouiseXXX

WOW!!! Awesome!!! :drinker:

I finished Week 4 tonight!! :bigsmile: Felt really good, except for the excessive garlic I had for dinner, didn't sit well. :sick: LOL, oh well, won't do that again. I'm almost afraid to look ahead at week 5...
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Week 6 is just not my lucky week!!!! First day, I got in a tizz with my timings and today, day 2, my ipod was dead so I had to use my watch to time my runs and interval walk!!!!! I was sooooooooooooooooo bored:yawn: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my ipod is now on charge ready for day 3 on Thursday!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Just returned from W4D1.

Mixed performance today. Overall, it went well, but I couldn't finish the last 5 minute run. 2.5 minutes into it, I had to take a 30 second walk break and then alternated 30 seconds of running with 30 seconds of walking til that interval was over.

I know what the problem is--I'm going too damned fast! And I can't seem to stop doing that. I *think* I'm going really slowly, but then when I look at the app I use to track time and distance (which runs in the background on my phone) I see that I am running over 7mph. Too fast for me at this point. Oddly enough, my breathing is just fine, but my calves get tired.
  • looby1968
    Options
    Right, so i have finished week 6, thankfully. I really haven't got to grips with this week! I didn't quite manage the full 25 min jog.

I, stupidly, ran with a tailwind outbound so my homebound jog was into the wind (and it was windy!). I got a stitch 14 mins into my jog and had to slow down to a walk for 30 secs. I must never run into a wind on the way home again!!!!!!!!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    W5D2 done!!! I was amazed that I could jog for 8 minutes, did not expect that. In fact, for the second jog interval, I did 9 minutes. :bigsmile: :drinker: It makes me think that I might actually be able to do this!
  • looby1968
    Options
    C25K - week 7, day 1 completed!!! No going back now! 3 x 25 min jog this week, 3 x 28 mins jog next week then I 'graduate' with 3 x 30 min jog the week after. Should all be over and done with by Easter... Then I have to work on improving my speed and distance!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • looby1968
    Options
    C25K - week 7, day 1 completed!!! No going back now! 3 x 25 min jog this week, 3 x 28 mins jog next week then I 'graduate' with 3 x 30 min jog the week after. Should all be over and done with by Easter... Then I have to work on improving my speed and distance!!!!!

LouiseXXX

FAMOUS LAST WORDS!!! I haven't run since last Sunday. Tried a week 6 run this morning and failed.

Week 6 is sooooo jinxed for me!!!! But it will not beat me!!!!
    Trying again tomorrow evening (I've decided I'm not a morning runner!).

LouiseXXX
  • looby1968
    Options
    Had to go back to Week 6 because I had a week off last week. Managed it... Though disappointed I had to backtrack.

LouiseXXX