MFP Runner's Club July 12

Options
kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning:flowerforyou:

Today is a rest day for me. No running. However, I will be priming my daughter's bedroom for a new paint job.:ohwell:

Enjoy your runs, walks, and rests today
-Kechie.

Btw, can't wait to hear from anyone who is racing today.:drinker:

Replies

• kechiemc
    Options

Today is a rest day for me. No running. However, I will be priming my daughter's bedroom for a new paint job.:ohwell:

-Kechie.

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Rest day for me too. I'm going to run my first 7 miles tomorrow and I'm excited. Already have my route planned out.

Kechie, have fun painting today. Did you daughter help pick out the new color for her room?

Have a great day everyone!
    Mireille
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    No Rest for me. Tried something a little new. My daughter and I did one of our Jillian Michaels work out videos first for warm ups then ran. It made it nice I think for warming up, but then it was a little warmer out because it made us go out a little later. :tongue:
    We went 3.37 miles and I ran about 3 miles of it. Not as far as yesterday, but my daughter is really trying to keep and run more of it so we went a shorter route. She came in only 10 minutes behind me, and that means she didn't walk the entire last half.:happy:
    Feeling pretty good and even though I finished off that special order pizza last night, I still weighed less this morning. I will put in final weight later.:drinker:
    Have a great weekend!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options

-Kechie.

What color are you going to paint the room? The prep is the hardest part. You are pretty much done when you finish that, then it is easy. Kind of like a good run up a hill, once you get to the top, the rest is easy.
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Hello!

I got out and ran 7.5 miles today. It was nice and breezy and WONDERFUL. I just wanted to let ya'll know that because of the support of this group and the checking in everyday...I have gotten my butt outta bed for the last seven days in a row to go run!!! I haven't been able to do that in forever and it just feels good to say that I was able to!

Happy running :smile:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Hello!

I got out and ran 7.5 miles today. It was nice and breezy and WONDERFUL. I just wanted to let ya'll know that because of the support of this group and the checking in everyday...I have gotten my butt outta bed for the last seven days in a row to go run!!! I haven't been able to do that in forever and it just feels good to say that I was able to!

Wow, 7.5 miles and running everyday. That is something... Even for someone who runs great! Good Job. I agree about this site though, I don't think I would be up to what I am without it. SM
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Morning Runners, Resters & Painters! :heart:

Went 11 miles this morning! Course I had to stop when I........face-planted crossing a street! :explode: Lesson of the day, pick your feet up when you're getting tired. :tongue:

My 7-year-old is asking for pancakes this morning, I'd say that's just what the dr. ordered! :wink:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Good morning.

Rest day for me too. I'm going to run my first 7 miles tomorrow and I'm excited. Already have my route planned out.

Kechie, have fun painting today. Did you daughter help pick out the new color for her room?

Mireille

I will! I LOVE painting.

She did pick out some colors. But I am not using the colors she requested. I cannot bring myself to paint her room pink or purple.:embarassed:

Her room was a beautiful yellow called Lauren's Lace. Lauren's Lace went well with Winnie the Pooh.

Now we are going with a lovely green called Spirit Whisper w/ Capri Cream trim, ceiling, and doors.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Hello!

Good for you! Congrats on an awesome run today. I feel the same as you about this group. It is so wonderful to have this kind of support. I look forward to checking in daily.

Enjoy the day and all those exercise calories:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options

Went 11 miles this morning! Course I had to stop when I........face-planted crossing a street! :explode: Lesson of the day, pick your feet up when you're getting tired. :tongue:

My 7-year-old is asking for pancakes this morning, I'd say that's just what the dr. ordered! :wink:

We had pancakes too! Will the face planting be leaving any marks? I hope not.

:heart: -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    No Rest for me. Tried something a little new. My daughter and I did one of our Jillian Michaels work out videos first for warm ups then ran. It made it nice I think for warming up, but then it was a little warmer out because it made us go out a little later. :tongue:
    We went 3.37 miles and I ran about 3 miles of it. Not as far as yesterday, but my daughter is really trying to keep and run more of it so we went a shorter route. She came in only 10 minutes behind me, and that means she didn't walk the entire last half.:happy:
    Feeling pretty good and even though I finished off that special order pizza last night, I still weighed less this morning. I will put in final weight later.:drinker:
    Have a great weekend!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Way to go!

:heart: -Kechie.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    morning everyone!!!

read the thread and WOW! you guys are rockin' the party! lol

I'm on real quick to put my food and run in....man its hot today and sunny and I took the little guy out in the jogger...which I said I wasn't gonna do, but daddy is remodeling the bathroom...GREAT! (finally) and my son wasn't feeling the tile saw noise....sooooo.....lol we ran 4 miles w/ killer hills....I AM BEAT! lol

now time for the pool....and hmmmm pancakes do sound good! lol

HUGS and be back later to play!!!
    have a great day!
    Ali :drinker:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Awesome for you!! {tears of joy} I love our little club for just that reason!! Great job on your momentum! Are you feeling a difference in your endurance?
  • pmkelly409
    Options

Good Morning back at 'cha!! CONGRATS!!!! 11 miles!!! YIPEE!!!!! 3120.gif

3120.gif3120.gif3120.gif3120.gif

Note to self - pick up feet to avoid complete embarassment....
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    I finished 7 miles this morning - felt great considering the 80 degree heat and 80% humidity!

I know I did better than a 10:40 pace but haven't mapped it yet...So probably around 10:00.....but I burned 715 calories so.....

I rewarded myself with a Robeks MuscleMax smoothie - YUM!!!!! I am so glad that place is not near my house!!

Happy Running, Resting, Weekend Painting and all other fun activities!!!!

:heart:
    Tricia
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Good morning.

Mireille

Good Luck - you are going to do great! You have been such a consistent runner, when you are done you are going to say "oh, that was nothing!"
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Posted in my Blog today...
    I run because:
    I want to get to the top of that high hill and see what’s beyond.
    Because it’s a beautiful spring day and I want to see what flowers are blooming.
    I need to wake up. Before I get to work.
    Some of the bills are coming due before any of the money is
    The kids are trying to get my Irish up. Again.
    To Pray
    To have time alone.
    Because it’s been snowing for days and cabin fever is setting.in.
    Because Mom had osteoporosis and I don’t want it. Weight bearing exercise helps build bone. Because Dad had a heart attack at 63
    For Weight control
    To reduce cholestrerol and triglycerides.
    To see if I run this route faster than I did last time.
    Because it’s fall and I want to feel the crisp crunch of fallen leaves under my shoes, just like when I was a kid.
    Because I had way too many cups of coffee and I need to get rid of the wired feeling.
    To work off that cheeseburger, potato chips, or double fudge brownie.
    d@mned I know why. It’s summer and way too hot to run
    Because the boss expects the impossible
    Because (Insert Name here) IS impossible
    Because I want to.
    Why do You run?
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Posted in my Blog today...
    I run because:
    I want to get to the top of that high hill and see what’s beyond.
    Because it’s a beautiful spring day and I want to see what flowers are blooming.
    I need to wake up. Before I get to work.
    Some of the bills are coming due before any of the money is
    The kids are trying to get my Irish up. Again.
    To Pray
    To have time alone.
    Because it’s been snowing for days and cabin fever is setting.in.
    Because Mom had osteoporosis and I don’t want it. Weight bearing exercise helps build bone. Because Dad had a heart attack at 63
    For Weight control
    To reduce cholestrerol and triglycerides.
    To see if I run this route faster than I did last time.
    Because it’s fall and I want to feel the crisp crunch of fallen leaves under my shoes, just like when I was a kid.
    Because I had way too many cups of coffee and I need to get rid of the wired feeling.
    To work off that cheeseburger, potato chips, or double fudge brownie.
    d@mned I know why. It’s summer and way too hot to run
    Because the boss expects the impossible
    Because (Insert Name here) IS impossible
    Because I want to.
    Why do You run?

LOVE IT TRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Hello!

Awesome for you!! {tears of joy} I love our little club for just that reason!! Great job on your momentum! Are you feeling a difference in your endurance?

Yes m'am! I am still on the slower side of things compared to ya'll, but the most important thing to me is keeping my feet moving through all those miles and never stop to walk! I am amazed at how much my breathing doesn't kill me when I run like it used to..its the thing that has shocked me the most! Hopefully soon I'll be able to pick up the pace like the rest of the superstars in here! :smile:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    (I accidentally posted this on yesterdays blog, it was meant for today!)

Ok ladies...I am feeling really guilty. I have been running every day at least 4 miles for quite some time now. Yesterday when I woke up I felt a little sore and tired so I decided to take a day off which I always feel guilty when I do. So last night guess what happened....WAM!! My T.O.M came on time, a rare occurence since I am in peri-menopause. Running while on is usually not a problem but this time I have such back and stomach cramping and a huge headache. Now I am feeling so guilty because I took yesterday off and I really don't see myself hitting the pavement today!!! Does anyone else deal with such guilt?? I mean I know that I am going to beat myself up today if I don't get out there andit really puts me in such a downer!! HELP!!! How do you avoid the guilt or tell yourself it's ok and mean it?!