July 13, MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Okay, bought some new shoes! {yeah!}

I'm normally not a Nike fan, but the sales woman recommended them for me. Plus they were on sale, so that sealed the deal! :laugh:

Mamma got a new pair of shoes! Woot Woot!! There goes two minutes off your best time!!
    th_time2run_shoes.jpg

Ha-ha - great gif! :laugh:

Was hoping Mireille had checked in. Rain, rain go away!!!! :angry:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

I'm normally not a Nike fan, but the sales woman recommended them for me. Plus they were on sale, so that sealed the deal! :laugh:

Mamma got a new pair of shoes! Woot Woot!! There goes two minutes off your best time!!
    th_time2run_shoes.jpg

Ha-ha - great gif! :laugh:

Was hoping Mireille had checked in. Rain, rain go away!!!! :angry:

Me too! Hopefully she is not out there fighting off rabid dogs and stinging bees!! sometimes she checks in later in the evening - I am off for my run now - will check in later!!
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Buckeye - On my shorter runs I try to increase my speed, but on my longer runs I just settle into a comfortable pace & just go for it. Try to have one run a week where you really push the speed & eventually you'll be quicker overall.

And don't call yourself old!! I've got a year on you & I'm still a spring chicken! {{snicker}} :bigsmile:

I am the only man on this message board(usually) and the only old person(always)!! You are all spring chickens!!!!

Hey jd,
    You are the same age as me! We aren't old, we're just mature and wise (and I'm a grandma!)!:happy:

Terry

Terry - We're only the same age for 3 more days. Then I guess I will be the wisest and most mature.:happy:

JD
  • Shannon023
    Options

Me too! Hopefully she is not out there fighting off rabid dogs and stinging bees!! sometimes she checks in later in the evening - I am off for my run now - will check in later!!

Good luck!! :drinker:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options

YEY!!! Great going on the miles!

(I'm currently riding the couch while DH and I watch the History channel. We are reviewing our skills with Pangea and Rodinia. Hummm....Snowball earth.

LOVE the History Channel. Glad to hear I am not the only one!:bigsmile:
  • kechiemc
    Options

Good for you Shannon!

LOVE your new picture. What is your dog's name? Too CUTE.

I meant to tell you that I was a size 12. I could use new shoes too.:laugh:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Ok...so I took Friday off due to my legs feeling sore and I hadn't taken a day off in quite some time. Then yesterday I had to take the day off because I got slammed with female hormones and was absolutely exhausted and cramping!! I have never had such a bad cycle!! So this morning I jumped out of bed, got dressed in my running clothes and was in great spirits because I was feeling well rested and no soreness. Because it was such a beautiful day, I thought I'd drive to a local park and run one of their paths. So, I jump in my car and I get half way there and as I am at a stop light waiting for a green light (on a very busy road) my car just dies! I mean just dies! NO ELECTRICAL OUTPUT WHATSOEVER! I couldn't even put my hazzards on. Needless to say it took me more than 31/2 hours to get my car towed, checked in at Nissan and then wait on a ride back home. By the time I got home I was starving for lunch and the kids were all awake...you know the story. UGH!!!! I am getting really frustrated. I guess I am going to try and go for a long run this evening now because it's gotten to humid with my asthma. If I wait any longer my muscles won't have any memory of my running and they will revolt!!!:tongue: Wish me luck!! I feel like I could really use some this week!!

That is so strange... The same thing happened to my car last week. My daughter and I stopped by a neighbors on the way to the pool to pick up her friend. They live less than a mile from my home. We got to her friends house. I got the kids all loaded up in the car and the car was completely dead. Nothing. I popped the hood and discovered my battery terminal was full of green dust and a little lose. I cleaned the terminal off well and banged on it with my daughters travel mug and the car started right up. What did the dealership find?
  • kechiemc
    Options

If you ever get a chance Shannon try Asics gel (GT -2130) I love them!! I just bought my third pair of these for $90. Not cheap but not as expensive as some of the others. You can find them on sale at the local sporting good stores every so often.

I'm in the market. Do you recommend these for normal pronators?
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

Yeah, New Shoes!!
    :drinker:
    And on Sale!:drinker: :drinker:

OOOOOHHHH!!! Yey you!!!
  • pmkelly409
    Options

If you ever get a chance Shannon try Asics gel (GT -2130) I love them!! I just bought my third pair of these for $90. Not cheap but not as expensive as some of the others. You can find them on sale at the local sporting good stores every so often.

Absolutely!! they are so comfy and cushy inside and I have a pretty normal pronation - I believe that she said my size changed by 3/4" - does that sound right? So 7 1/2 normal - 8 1/2 standing so I am in a 9.
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Finished my 4.66 tonight. Had to cut it short due to crazy storm approaching. But the best thing....

I took my 7 y.o with me, he rode his bike along with me!! it was fun talking to him the entire way, we bonded! he asked me completely crazy scientific questions about how the planets are formed and the ozone and why there is life on earth and no other planets!! :noway: I just kept making up answers the best I could without feeling like a complete failure!!

Have a great night everyone!!
  • kechiemc
    Options

Absolutely!! they are so comfy and cushy inside and I have a pretty normal pronation - I believe that she said my size changed by 3/4" - does that sound right? So 7 1/2 normal - 8 1/2 standing so I am in a 9.

Thanks Tricia! I'll check them out at my local running store.

Glad you had a great run with your son:flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Finished my 4.66 tonight. Had to cut it short due to crazy storm approaching. But the best thing....

I took my 7 y.o with me, he rode his bike along with me!! it was fun talking to him the entire way, we bonded! he asked me completely crazy scientific questions about how the planets are formed and the ozone and why there is life on earth and no other planets!! :noway: I just kept making up answers the best I could without feeling like a complete failure!!

Have a great night everyone!!

LOL That sounds like when I run, ride, swim, canoe, eat, breathe...anything a I do with my kids. UGGGG! LOL How funny! It makes the time fly by so quickly though!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Hokay, I went running then dragging outside! I noticed some sore spots from canoeing yesterday. My brain hurts for one...too much heat and thinking. :laugh: My waist hurts on one side in the back muscle, my shoulders hurt, and rump cheeks. I pulled out 1.5 miles though so I can earn something to munch later tonight since I had an early dinner. YEY!

I'm sure tomorrow these strange spots will hurt less! :laugh:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Okay my lovely people, I just got in from my 7 miles and I can't believe how well it went. I ran it nice and slow and I swear I could have gone longer (would have if it wasn't getting dark)

*note to self - do not eat red peppers on long run days*

Didn't run in morning as planned as dh and I decided on lunch date (sushi) and then a little shopping.
    By the time I got home it was too hot outside so I decided to have a nap (kids at grand-ma's). Once I finished bathing the girls, I had all this energy (from nap) I decided to go out and run. I'm so glad I did cuz you beautiful people were thinking of me and I'm glad I didn't let you down. :heart: :heart:

I'm gonna shower now and make possibly make the old man happy. :devil:

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Shannon023
    Options

Good for you Shannon!

LOVE your new picture. What is your dog's name? Too CUTE.

I meant to tell you that I was a size 12. I could use new shoes too.:laugh:

Thanks Kechie!

That's Misty, our girl dummy. :tongue:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Okay my lovely people, I just got in from my 7 miles and I can't believe how well it went. I ran it nice and slow and I swear I could have gone longer (would have if it wasn't getting dark)

Didn't run in morning as planned as dh and I decided on lunch date (sushi) and then a little shopping.
    By the time I got home it was too hot outside so I decided to have a nap (kids at grand-ma's). Once I finished bathing the girls, I had all this energy (from nap) I decided to go out and run. I'm so glad I did cuz you beautiful people were thinking of me and I'm glad I didn't let you down. :heart: :heart:

Woot!!! Woot!!!

Soooooo glad you got your 7 miles in!!! WTG!! :drinker:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

Hip Hip Horray!! I knew you would say that!! 47b20s0.gifdidn't I tell you it would be a breeze!?!?!??! So happy for you and more happy for DH it sounds like - hubba hubba!! :wink: :wink:

curious about the red peppers - indigestion?
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Shannon!!!

what a cute pup!! :love:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

Thanks Tricia! I'll check them out at my local running store.

Glad you had a great run with your son:flowerforyou:

oh, mine are the Gel Kayano's TN-850's - I got these instead because of the increase in mileage I am planning for the next year - these are the next level up so - 300-500 miles. I paid $125. I know, I know but at my 'advanced age' I don't need any additional health problems and I was really feeling my knees with cheap shoes.