Trigger foods

Options
2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    kristie,

It's ok, hon, you'll do fine. Cheese has a lot of calcium - yeah that's it. :wink: Have you tried the Laughing Cow spreadable Light Swiss? Check it out - it comes in individually wrapped portions and tastes like cream cheese to me. One portion is a generous covering on a whole wheat english muffin! Have a small apple and it is a satisfying meal or snack.

Sodium260 mg
    Total Fat2 g
    Potassium0 mg
    Saturated1 g
    Total Carbs1 g
    Polyunsaturated0 g
    Dietary Fiber0 g
    Monounsaturated0 g
    Sugars1 g Trans0 g
    Protein3 g
    Cholesterol10 mg
    Vitamin A2 %
    Calcium6 %
    Vitamin C0 %
    Iron0 %

I have to banish bread and peanut butter. I only buy Thomas Whole Wheat English Muffins. They're small.

Cheryl

p.s. Kristie: post here so I know when you've seen this so I can remove the product picture. Thanks!!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You're cracking me up! I LOVE laughing cow cheese! Thanks for the picture! :) I actually always have it on hand and eat it with high fiber crackers pretty often. I found it for under $2.00 at the grocery store the other day. My sister and I are both addicted. Thanks for the info! You're the best!!! :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    Cool. You're welcome!

cm
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I've been on this thread so I had to read it from the beginning.lol Kristie874 I find cheese is hard for me to resist too. I love sharp cheddar, but it doesn't love me. I have just about eliminated cheese at this point.:sad: But on an upnote, I have finally changed over to brown rice. :bigsmile: I couldn't get my husband to so I make a bunch and stick in the freezer for me. I am working on not eating alot of potatos at this point. So I have figured out that anything white is a trigger food, chocolate and cheese. But for the most part I don't miss these things, I have found great substitues. I really love Greek olive hummus and whole wheat triscuits. My staple for snack is usually applesauce with a little fat free cool whip mixed in so it makes a kind of mousse. As for people bringing in food that I can't eat, I just make sure I have my stuff and I don't mind theirs. Well gotta go do laundry:ohwell: See ya all later ~Karen
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Ok, I tried it - two weeks without chocolate (or any sweets) - it ends Sunday when I go to a friends party. Still think about chocolate - not as much though. Was very tempted yesterday while stuck at a Bookstore and hungry - they only had sweets and chips - made it through though.

One that was easy for me was butter. I read that your taste/desire for fats is learned, while your taste/desire for sweets is inherited. While it's still hard not to eat butter when going out to eat, I never use it at home anymore. I don't even think about it. It also cut down dramatically on my bread consumption.
  • rtamayo
    rtamayo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    here is my problem. I am doing great, but I work at a police station and the citizens are always bringing us all kinds of goodies for the holidays to thanks us for our work, it is so hard for me to walk through the kitchen and see all those sweets on the table and not have some.