MFP Runners Club - July 14th

Options
pmkelly409
pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
Good Morning Runners!!

Woke up to crazy rain this am :grumble:

I will be out at Cub Scout Day Camp all day volunteeing! oh joy! 100's of 7-10 year olds in the rain. :noway:

So for all those that were not around this weekend - which wasn't too many - I got 7 done on Saturday and 4.66 done on Sunday. Good weekend eating wise too. My hips are sore this morning :grumble:

I have 5 scheduled for tonight with the training group. The weather is going to be clear by later this morning they say.

Have a great day everyone! I am going to miss all the 9-5 banter! :sad:
:heart: Tricia

Replies

• pmkelly409
    Options
    Good Morning Runners!!

Woke up to crazy rain this am :grumble:

I will be out at Cub Scout Day Camp all day volunteeing! oh joy! 100's of 7-10 year olds in the rain. :noway:

So for all those that were not around this weekend - which wasn't too many - I got 7 done on Saturday and 4.66 done on Sunday. Good weekend eating wise too. My hips are sore this morning :grumble:

I have 5 scheduled for tonight with the training group. The weather is going to be clear by later this morning they say.

Have a great day everyone! I am going to miss all the 9-5 banter! :sad:
    :heart: Tricia
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 3.5 miles this morning. It rained all night here so the air was "juicy" - HUMID.

Enjoy the day:drinker:
    -Kechie.
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 3.5 miles this morning. It rained all night here so the air was "juicy" - HUMID.

Enjoy the day:drinker:
    -Kechie.

ooooo, juicy! I guess that is one way to make humidity fun!

Have a great morning!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    morning!!!

No running for me today, my little guy woke up about 2:30am and has yet to fall asleep....:yawn: and mommy needs to go to work...so ya, should be a fun day! lol

I hope all your runs, rests and other fun things go well!

hugs!
    Ali

Kechie...lmbo@juicy...ya I think we'll be having one of those today and this week actually...great hair weather too...NOT lol hugs and good for you girl!

Tricia have fun at camp!!! lol, and good luck w/ the run tonight, hope your hips are feeling better...go easy lady!

hugs all!
    Ali
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Today I'm gonna jump on the elliptical for 45 minutes. My legs are a little bit sore this morning but nothing outrageous. I call it painful joy. I love being a little sore from working out. Does that make me crazy? lol

Tricia, have fun today at camp. That should be loads of fun!
    Kechie, great job on your run this morning. Humidity sucks!
    Ali, have a great day at work. Hopefully you'll be able to keep your eyes open. :yawn:

Have a great day all!
    Mireille
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Good morning.

I am still a little sore from my run yesterday. It is a legs, back and abs workout day for me , so definitely no running.

Keep up the good work everyone!
    JD
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Happy {{bleep bleepin}} Monday, Runners! :sick:

Got a 5k in this morning. Was wanting to do a little longer, but my blisters from Saturday's run are still kinda sore. (Queue violin music!)

Hope everyone has good runs/rests! :smooched:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Running and doing crazy things in the rain, sand, and mud for boot camp this morning at 5:30 am. I am not sure if I am running tomorrow or taking a spin class. Luckily there are 2 groups doing something so I have choices.

Have a great run everyone.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Running and doing crazy things in the rain, sand, and mud for boot camp this morning at 5:30 am. I am not sure if I am running tomorrow or taking a spin class. Luckily there are 2 groups doing something so I have choices.

Have a great run everyone.

I think I'd rather run 10-miles then take one spin class, they scare me! :laugh:

Sounds like you got some good leg exercises in, good job! :smile:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Ok...I am going to try and push out a 5K this morning but if anyone read my post late last night you'd understand why I say "push out". Monday is the start of a new week (I know technically Sunday is the frist day guys but Monday is the start of new training/eating week for me) so I hope this week certainly goes better than last....it has to.

Tricia - Have fun today. You will need to run this evening to release the stress from the day!!:tongue:

Mireille - yes, imo that does make you crazy...liking the pain?!?! I'd rather go without soreness!!:laugh:

Shannon - Hope your blisters heal quickly. There is nothing worse then running with your shoes rubbing on broken blisters!!:noway:

Ali I hope you get a more restful night sleep tonight.

JD - enjoy the burn!!

Everyone have a great day. By the way - say a prayer for my son if you would...I take him in for a follow up renal ultasound today. He had to have emergency surgery last year on his kidneys because his ureters were pulling urine back up from his bladder into his kidneys and his right kidney had major damage. The surgery was long and the recovery was very painful for him. We haven't "seen" any symptoms from him like before so we are hoping his ultrasound comes out perfect. He is really scared to go because he doesn't want them to say there is any problem. That's at 1:00 PM EST.

Talk to you all later!!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I think I'd rather run 10-miles then take one spin class, they scare me! :laugh:

Just pretend your are riding your bike through some nice country roads with the wind in your face. (That is only if you are in front of the fan though.:laugh: )
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I just got back from 5.7. I have a 10 k on Sat so it was my last long run until them. I'm going ot a chiropractor today to try see if my my leg hurts from my hip or from something else. I figure if it hurts doing the eliptical it's probably because something's out, not because of anything serious.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options

Everyone have a great day. By the way - say a prayer for my son if you would...I take him in for a follow up renal ultasound today. He had to have emergency surgery last year on his kidneys because his ureters were pulling urine back up from his bladder into his kidneys and his right kidney had major damage. The surgery was long and the recovery was very painful for him. We haven't "seen" any symptoms from him like before so we are hoping his ultrasound comes out perfect. He is really scared to go because he doesn't want them to say there is any problem. That's at 1:00 PM EST.

Talk to you all later!!

:drinker: To a perfect ultrasound.

Can't wait to hear how it goes
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

Talk to you all later!!

I will be praying for you and your family today. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hey Tricia - great that you went so far this AM! YEY YOU! I am still debating if I should get out of my PJ's still! :tongue: Have a great time at camp! Humm...maybe different muscles will be working to dodge rain and all the dirt...hiking? Have fun! :wink:

Kechie - Oh YOU GO GIRL! AND the humidity! YIKES! I am noticing that the more humid it gets, I'm going less far and burning more calories. Is this because I'm trying to breathe for air? It is getting harder to run far. I need some words my friend...What's wrong with me? :yawn:

Ali - How are you feeling now? :flowerforyou:

Mireille - YEY for your sore legs...LOL How odd is that??? How can I add to my running to burn more but not die along side the road? :huh:

JD - Great running yesterday, so taking Monday off then? :laugh:

Shannon - YOU GO GIRL! Good running! YEY YOU! :drinker:

Sherry - OoOooOooOooooo! Spin class! LUCKY BUG! YEY YOU! LOVE IT! Keep up the great work! :bigsmile:

Buckeyebabe - Best wishes fo your son! I hope things go well, let us know! :heart:

Ann - Great job on the running too! Good luck at your appointment! I hope you feel better soon. :happy:

I have no clue what adventure I am headed out for today...I would like to push through some running, and then get the kiddos out and about to the park and see the butterflies again. YEY!

I have a question about running...

Is it just as good to split up my run 2 miles in the AM and 2 miles in the PM? I think this will help the breathing problems I am having because of wanting to quit due to the humidity. I have been going less far each time I run because it is just tooooo hot! Anyone? Just as good or just do 3 miles at once?
  • Shannon023
    Options

Talk to you all later!!

Poor little fella!! :frown:

Prayers sent, let us know how his appt. goes. :flowerforyou:
  • Aprilxlirpa
    Options
    Good morning to all. I'm intrigued by the mfp runners club. Is there a set goal everyone goes for, or is it just to check in with one another??
    I have a very specific goal I need to meet for the military and I am a HORRIBLE runner. I'm steady at 11min miles, but I need to do 2 in 19 minutes.
    Today was my first day running. I did 2 miles this morning, and big surpirse, I did them in 22 min.
    :) Can I jump on the mfp running club bandwagon??
    I def need some help!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aprilxlirpa!

This is a very fun and encouraging group. Everybody is welcome to join. Good job on your run today. Just keep it up and you'll get faster.

Today is a weight lifting/core workout with 3 miles on the elliptical thrown in for me.

Great job on on the weekend runs everybody! Here's to a new week and reaching new goals!:heart:

Terry
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Welcome Aprilxlirpa!

This is a very fun and encouraging group. Everybody is welcome to join. Good job on your run today. Just keep it up and you'll get faster.

Today is a weight lifting/core workout with 3 miles on the elliptical thrown in for me.

Great job on on the weekend runs everybody! Here's to a new week and reaching new goals!:heart:

Terry

Ya'll are so good w/your crosstraining. It's either running or nuttin w/me. :ohwell:

Welcome to the nut house, April! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all. I'm intrigued by the mfp runners club. Is there a set goal everyone goes for, or is it just to check in with one another??
    I have a very specific goal I need to meet for the military and I am a HORRIBLE runner. I'm steady at 11min miles, but I need to do 2 in 19 minutes.
    Today was my first day running. I did 2 miles this morning, and big surprise, I did them in 22 min.
    :) Can I jump on the mfp running club bandwagon??
    I def need some help!

Welcome girlie! I'm the resident Saint Bernard runner...I'm the one person you can find drooling, slobbering and uncoordinated. Somehow I manage to get my body moving in some sort of undulated motion for usually about 3 1/2 - 4 miles. As the weather is becoming more humid, my movements seem more forced, but I'm getting there and learning a lot along the way! :tongue:

Good luck girlie! You'll find the more helpful gazelle like runners all over this thread. LOL LOVE YA GUYS!!! They are great here! :flowerforyou: