Someone broke into our home last night!

Options
MarybethAltizer
MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
Yes, they did, and we realized someone had been here when we got home from church, but the scccaaarrrryyyy part is that they were still in the house, and hid and left after we went to sleep. We locked all the doors at bedtime, and around 2 am we heard our dogs go balistic, my son woke up and I tucked him back in. When I came downstairs this morning to unlock the front door, it was ALREADY unlocked. My husband jumped straight out of bed and looked around. They didn't take anything, so why were they here???? Another scary thing is that the light that was on when we got home was in my daughter's room downstairs and so they had to be hiding in her closet. Thank God she stayed with her dad last night.....
I am so shook up.....

Replies

• dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    OMG! That would freak me out! Please call the police maybe they can dust for fingerprints or something at least watch the house for a few days. I wish you luck and pray that God watches over you. So sorry that happened to you!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    OHMYGOD!

I'm so glad you're alright, as is your family!! Terrifying!!!!

Wow. I'm shook up FOR you so I can only imagine!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    So sorry about this. How scary!
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, Marybeth!! Did you guys call the police?? I will keep you in my prayers and praise God for His safekeeping!!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    OH MY WORD! how scary! glad no one got hurt!!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Scary. How old is your daughter? It wouldn't be a friend/boyfriend or something would it?
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Holy crap!! I am so sorry!! At least they didn't take anything and thank the Lord that your daughter wasn't there. It sounds like he was waiting on her or something...scarrryyyy!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    That's a really creepy story. If I were you I would keep your eyes open. If they didn't get what they wanted they might be back. Not trying to scare you but it happens all the time. If you ever come home and think someone else has been in your house - CALL THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY. Let them go through your house and look for someone hiding.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    OMG .. Im soooo glad your daughter wasnt there... I cant imagine how frightened you must be... Thinking of you!!
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Oh wow.... that is sooo scary!! I would also say def call cops and I would even get security cameras... thank godness you all are alright!
  • Sherri0706
    Options
    That sounds so scary but it looks like God was watching over your family!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    So sorry that scary
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    They might have just gotten there right before you got home, BUT they might have been scoping your family out too, especially if you have a daughter. I'm not trying to scare you, but my uncle was a police chief in a big city for years and years and i've heard him talk about things like that. You need to look and be SURE that none of her things were touched or taken. They might really have just gotten there and then got scared when you came home and hid in the nearest place possible, but it might not be as simple as that, just be very cautious.
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I'm glad to hear you guys are ok!! I can't imagine what it feels like to know someone was in your home. I'm sure He was watching over you all! {hug}
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    That is horrible!! We had a scare like that at the house next door to us and it was weeks before we slept well again. Do you have an alarm system? We have sliding deadbolts at the very top and bottom of our front and back doors which helps you feel safe when you are in the house at least. I'm sure they were pretty freaked out that you came home so they probably won't be back...ever.
    So sorry this happened to you! I'm glad your daughter wasn't home...I wouldn't tell her about it either.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    OK, that is the scariest thing ever. Especially since they didn't take anything.
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    OMGosh! I am glad you and your family are ok! That is soooo scary. Make sure that all of your windows are locked, I got a chain e-mail not to long ago titled "Things Robbers wont tell you". One of the things said that they will unlock windows so that they can come back. I hope they catch who ever it was.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thank you God for protecting this family! Praying that you and your family will all find His peace after this frightening experience!
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, we are getting a security system ASAP, and God truly intervened because she wanted to go to a ball game far away last night, and with it being a church night, I would have never let her go, but I did?????? God was watching over her for sure, and she is 14, and beautiful. Just got her first boyfriend and he is 15, they only see each other at school, so idk if that would be the case, but it will sure make me take precautions. I am getting ready to call her school and tell them what happend so they can watch her for me..... Police are supposed to be coming here soon, and I can't wait so I won't be scared anymore even though my husband scoped out the whole house this morning...
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    OMG that is scary.... Thank God that no one got hurt... I'm praying for you all. :)